• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandit Gear Gang has stolen your games! Are you bad enough to get them back?!

ARGH!

Due to the poor parenting of my foster brother, who is autistic; but not so afflicted that he's a damned invalid - I've confiscated all of his game software, and related peripherals. He's a bit lazy because my family doesn't challenge him, and has a short temper because he doesn't like to be challenged and is rarely corrected for throwing fits. How will he get his games back?

Face big boss Math!

I'm tired! Tired! Tired of watching my parents make a train wreck of another child. The "Specialized Schooling" isn't doing squat to assist him in learning, instead lumping him in with children and teens with varying degrees of affliction resulting in this poor kid getting stuck in schooling until an estimated age of 21! WTF!!!

So the only way I could get him to respond after seeing him throw one too many petty temper tantrums was to swipe his goods. I've been sitting on them for about a month and a half, maybe two now.

Previously I had to go to my parents house, which is conveniently located, and drag the kid to my hellhole for training (No AC - hardcore heat exhaustion!). EDUMACATIONS! Work and life got in the way of how much time I can spend with him, but finally yesterday he showed some initiative and showed up at my door asking to do math problems to get his stuff back.

The deal is simple. 15 problems = 1 game. I'm working on multiplication since the school system hasn't focused on that with him. If he wants more than one game, then you add up the problems.

I think I'll try getting him to color with watercolor paints to work on his motor skills and control.

So, the question here is have you (parents or siblings) ever had to take similar measures to ensure that in addition to fostering a new generation of gamer, that future generations don't come up dumb as a rock? :/

Oh wait - Sorry, I'm being too responsible here. Someone get me some politicians and media sensationalists to pin this all of "bad video games". :lol

G-Fex

you couldn't have gotten that quote any more wrong.

It's "are you a bad enough DUDE"

geez, go home.

Top Bottom