• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Legacy to be announced at The Game Awards 2019

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Think they'll continue using their modified UE3, or will they be switching to UE4 now?
So long as they continue to play the cutscenes in-engine, I'll be pleased. Best improvement from Arkham Knight.
Don't really care for Arkham's Robin or Batgirl though. Oh well. Hopefully WB Montréal can make something interesting with them. Or like, we can just have Batman. That'd be neat.

Meowzers

If it's coming out next year I really hope they don't hold back because of the old consoles. I want to see that thing running in 4K HDR glory on PS5 and it to look mindblowing.

Not getting hyped yet, but if it's announced I will be.

Petrae

WB trying to pull a Grand Theft Auto V by going cross-gen with this purported Arkham game isn’t that far-fetched. Do players buy for their old hardware or hold out for what could be a much better game in terms of technical performance when it releases for the next-gen machines?

Free flow combat is awesome. Cause it flows looks scripted, but you're still in full control. Plus could use a break from Souls formula... Maan they better not make Batman souls!😡

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's been long enough that I feel like I'm ready for another Batman game. Though, I haven't really liked a game in the series since Arkham Asylum. I liked how focused that game was compared to the more open world-y ones that followed.

Saber

That name didn't quite ring the tone for a sequel imo.

My guess is that its some kind of Batman collection of sort.

Strider7

I wanted to love the last one, just felt I'd already done everything before in the previous games.
I get that. But for me, they could pump out Arkham games forever and I’d be a happy man. Just give me a new plot with different villains each year. I don’t need it to be a revelatory change in gameplay. I love them the way they are.

Fbh

Arkham Knight was disappointing and felt like they were running out of ideas. So I hope this is a significant change or upgrade to their formula, and if it's still open world I hope that for once the city isn't empty anymore

If it's coming out next year I really hope they don't hold back because of the old consoles. I want to see that thing running in 4K HDR glory on PS5 and it to look mindblowing.

Not getting hyped yet, but if it's announced I will be.

I'm guessing every game releasing next year that does well in sales/reviews will eventually have a next gen version (or maybe next gen consoles will be able to natively run them at higher resolution though I guess that is being optimistic)

Meowzers

Arkham Knight was disappointing and felt like they were running out of ideas. So I hope this is a significant change or upgrade to their formula, and if it's still open world I hope that for once the city isn't empty anymore

I'm guessing every game releasing next year that does well in sales/reviews will eventually have a next gen version (or maybe next gen consoles will be able to natively run them at higher resolution though I guess that is being optimistic)

Maybe they're developing the game with next gen in mind. I would guess it would be better than just receiving a patch to make things look a little nicer. With so much juicer tech right around the corner now, they could easily give the city more life. Don't really need to keep making maps bigger for more immersion.

Doom85

I felt a bit of batman fatigue with the last game honestly.

It'd be less of an issue with me if we could at least get another talented developer to tackle some others DC heroes in single-player games. Superman? Wonder Woman? Green Lantern? Flash? Hell, the Aquaman movie made more money than some of the Batman movies. Nope, just Arkham and Injustice games.

Then again, superheroes just seem like something developers seem scared nowadays to approach that often. I mean, despite the MCU being such a massive success, this gen we've gotten a Spider-man game, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, and the upcoming Avengers game. I mean, I don't want them making a shit ton of games at too quickly a pace and we get plenty of trash, but it still boggles my mind with the vast assortment of heroes to choose from and most of them finding success in the box office and such that that's all we've gotten so far.

I'm ready for a new Batman game. It feels like a long time ago since the last one even though not a lot of time has passed since.

cormack12

Gold Member
I actually enjoyed Knight more than City and Asylum more than City. I didn't even mind the batmobile and thought the problems were readily exaggerated by those who wanted to hate it before the game launched. The riddler puzzles with the batmobile can fuck right off though. They were awful. And the story and 'reveal' were also meh, but how much attention is the pulpy story in these games worth anyway? All about the action, gadgets and combat.

I wouldn't mind another entry but like Romulus Romulus said I don't really see anything 'new' they can bring to the table. Having said that, if the sequel is as polished and well done as Knight, I'll probably bite.

Last edited:

Strider7

That's right. Please keep shitting the same games down my throat AAA devs. Don't ever do anything new.
Other companies can make something new. I’m happy with the Arkham series the way it is. I’d happily take more.
W29lQK9.gif

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
That's right. Please keep shitting the same games down my throat AAA devs. Don't ever do anything new.

You don't have to buy or play them my guy.

I love all things Batman, and the comic book has been sorely disappointing ever since Tom King took over, so I welcome a new Batman game. Story can't be any worse than the comics.

Ristifer

What's with the talk of fatigue? By the time this game comes out, Arkham Knight will have been out for at least five years. And they've all been quality, even if people have their preferences.

Bring on Legacy.

Carna

Banned
Isn't about time they try working on another DC superhero videogame? marvel did games for Spiderman, X-Men, Ironman, Thor. And the entire Marvel universe in three games. Why not try working on a Flash videogame. Running at high speeds in a open world.

Dacon

Banned
I wish they would drop the arkham subtitle though. It's time to move forward with their own interpretation. Arkham was Rocksteady.

GV82

I’m in the mood for a new DC game of different characters now, how about a Justice League (still has Batman in it) or Titans or Young Justice (Where Batman can be the DLC for a change) or Play as all the Villains and Batman is the Bad Guy to you the player, we deserve a game something like those in the style of the Arkham Games

Otherwise If they must give us Batman at least give us a full Batman Beyond game all set in the future somit at least feels a bit different.

Top Bottom