• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate |OT| Batvania

oggob

I came in to post: Anyone else more excited about this one than the console version?

:)

+1 for this list... Whilst I am likely to eventually get this game, I am awaiting for some reviews to see if I pick it up straight away or not. The lack of details for the game suggests that the game might be an absolute horror!

Just really hoping this isn't the case.

Yanikun

Banned
The eShop logo is at the end of the trailer in the OP.

I'm an idiot. Thanks so much! I'm relieved, and 100% pumped for this. I'll get it as soon as it hits the eShop.

That's a pretty awful comparison given it's sourcing offscreen footage shot with two different cameras at different distances.

Also the 3DS footage is displayed on a TV screen. Still gives a decent idea of how close it is. Close enough for me to get it on the 3DS despite owning a Vita.

VanWinkle

I want to get this, but I really think I should hold out for reviews. There's been so little media for it that it's hard to know for sure if it will be good or not.

mario_O

That's a pretty awful comparison given it's sourcing offscreen footage shot with two different cameras at different distances.

Absolutely, but there's still no decent footage of the 3DS version...at least we can get a rough idea of the differences.

Will wait for impressions =D, was trying to decide whether to get the Vita or 3DS version. I just have a nagging feeling that this will eventually turn up on PSN+ though.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
3DS version looks pretty nice. Shame about the flat lighting on characters and missing shadows. Other than that it looks solid :)

Hell a lot more impressive than Mirror of Fate in regards to framerate, at least.

void666

Banned
I want to buy this game but i don't have any hype about it. I wish i could be excited to play this game like i was for AA and AC.

Edit: I just realized i posted in the wrong thread.

mario_O

3ds version looks decent but I'll wait for reviews.
ib2Dfw0o9S3utz.gif

I'm picking up the Vita version day one.

If I end up really enjoying the game, I'll double dip for 3DS version; I love the 3D effect on the system.

I'm pretty impressed with the 3DS vers. Much better than I thought.

Still getting Vita. But good to know that those who don't have Vita can still enjoy the game.

And I'm in the same group who are more excited about the handheld game than he console one. One big reason though...you know GOTY edition is coming!

Ephemeris

I played it for a few at e3. Enjoyed it. Going to be balls-deep in the console version first though. I"ll probably buy it late next month

Down for the Vita version. I'll probably grab it day one as I'm pretty keen to have something on the go on Vita again after Rayman.

Unless this somehow ends up with unbelievably terrible reviews I'll be getting the Vita version, looks really nice! Hopefully it'll run better throughout, Mirror of Fate still gives me nightmares from time to time :D

FYC

Banned
Haven't played the previous Arkham games but I might get this..Or maybe Origins. Can't decide. They look neat.

Skilletor

Easy_D

never left the stone age
3ds version looks decent but I'll wait for reviews.

What the. This gif shows shadows, but the demo linked above has none. Man the combat looks really bad, like there's a tiny delay between Batman's hits and the enemy reaction. Not to mention him just "snapping" onto an enemy. I mean you see him slide across the ground without moving during several counters. It looks lazy as fuck.

Takao

Banned
Wonder how long it's going to end up being? Also, curious to know if there are any challenge maps or extras.

According to one of the interviews, estimated length is at 10 hours. There's three separate endings to get.

What the. This gif shows shadows, but the demo linked above has none. Man the combat looks really bad, like there's a tiny delay between Batman's hits and the enemy reaction. Not to mention him just "snapping" onto an enemy. I mean you see him slide across the ground without moving during several counters. It looks lazy as fuck.

The tiny delay is supposed to emulate the slowmo the console games do IIRC.

Ban Puncher

More interested in this than the console version - that can wait until 10 OUT OF 10 release.

Will pick up the 3DS version if impressions are favourable.

Eusis

According to one of the interviews, estimated length is at 10 hours. There's three separate endings to get.
How are they going to resolve the multiple endings through sequels? Just only have one as canon? Or is Superboy Prime going to punch them into a single ending?

I really like the idea on paper and hope the execution doesn't suck, because pacing is everything with these games.

So yeah, cautiously optimistic and waiting for the reviews.

Derrick01

Banned

So is it 10 hours or 10 hours after getting all endings? I'm likely not going to play the game 3 whole times just to see a different ending and possibly get a trophy.

Effect

Why are the release dates for the 3DS version all over the place? While the Vita version is launching all at once?

I had a feeling both versions were not treated equally and didn't buy that both versions were being developed in parallel as their own things. I still think the Vita version, despite the 3DS being a much larger success everywhere, was the lead sku and treated better. It being the one shown off and it's release dates being less of a mess just adds to that. Doesn't matter where the developers originally came from.

Top Bottom