• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Begins Teaser Trailer online now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
The Joker killed his parents. They can't change that now, right? So if he's out for revenge... he won't actually find it in Batman Begins?

Here's the full cast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/

Just awesome. Bale, Neeson, Caine, Oldman, Watanabe, Wilkinson, Freeman...

Odd that neither The Scarecrow or Ra's Al Ghul are listed very high.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The Joker never killed his parents in the comic book. That is a Burton creation from 1989.

Batman Begins has nothing to do with the earlier films. It is a complete reboot of the franchise.

Having read the script to Batman Begins, the movie is much more faithful, and follows the comic book origins featuring Joe Chill as the murderer of Wayne's parents.

Also, Goyer and Nolan decided early on they didn't want to repeat villains from the rogue gallery that had been in the earlier films until they had supplanted the Burton/Shumacher films as the definitive live-action Batman series.

Socreges

Banned
Alright, I actually remember hearing something like that now.

Btw, seems like you were suggesting that they may, for instance, place Joker in another Batman film. True?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Socreges said:
Alright, I actually remember hearing something like that now.

Btw, seems like you were suggesting that they may, for instance, place Joker in another Batman film. True?

If this is a success, he will most definitely be in the sequel. They have already begun casting.

I just realized that this is spoilers...

And they "hint" at him near the end of Batman Begins. Goyer/Nolan seem to be doing a similiar thing as Raimi is doing with Spider-Man; self contained stories that lead into new "issues" of sorts.

Socreges

Banned
Willco said:
If this is a success, he will most definitely be in the sequel. They have already begun casting.

I just realized that this is spoilers...

And they "hint" at him near the end of Batman Begins. Goyer/Nolan seem to be doing a similiar thing as Raimi is doing with Spider-Man; self contained stories that lead into new "issues" of sorts.
This all sounds very sweet.

Just checked out out 'Goyer/Nolan' are, too. Very capable!

Socreges said:
This all sounds very sweet.

Just checked out out 'Goyer/Nolan' are, too. Very capable!

Goyer did most screenplays of Blade.
He also wrote the Nick Fury Script for TV.

Now, He's directing his first movie: Blade Trinity.

Blade 2 sucked mainly because the bad guys sucked. Also the music was bad.
Stephen Dorff was the perfect vilain in Blade 1. He made the movie enjoyable.

Socreges

Banned
The Bookerman said:

Nolan did Memento. That makes him a virtual God in my eyes.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The 11 month wait on this is going to be excruciating. I haven't been this excited about a movie since I was a little kid.

Trailer looks cool.

But!

I refuse to get my hopes up. Batman films have sucked since the first one, if this one doesn't, I'll be pleasently surprised.

The Bookerman said:

I actually liked the villian in Blade 2, since he hunted Vampires as well. Granted, B2 wasn't as good as the first (and Blade had the most durable pair of sunglasses known to man), but it was better than I thought it would be.

J2 Cool

Consider me excited. Teasers like this I love and hate so much. But somehow I got a feeling there's no chance this will simply be mediocre. Everything about it sounds so right. I cant wait. And about Batman finding his revenge. He never does. Kill the murderer of his parents of not, his veangence is never satisfied. It's an endless fight for Batman with his personal demons. Its really sad what happened to Tim Burton's Batman. It was decent to good but never captured Batman. Seemed he didnt have that ambition going in. He just wanted it dark and twisted. That was his achievment. Then it went to shit with Schumacher. Batman Begins from the short trailer seems to be aimed to completely embody Baman, the Dark Knight. I can just tell this is going to be sooo good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom