• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V |OT| EA (doesn't) want YOU!

cryptoadam

Banned
totally loving this new grind mode. I would recommend it to anyone that has the game. Granted this mode is right up my alley. Sometimes I just want more mindless combat with some chaos and this total provides it. Grind = Domination with 64 players instead of 32. I love it, shame it is a temp mode.

its fun but so far it seems to always end up one sided, unless I was just on some crappy teams.

Wish the ticket count was a bit larger since the games go by pretty fast.

cryptoadam

Banned
DICE where is my breakthrough on the FIRESTORM map???

Its easy peasy for you guys to drop a few flags onto the map and let us have a go at it. Would really add content to the game that probably takes very little time and effort on DICE's part.

manfestival

Grand Operations is much better but this mode has it going and if Dice is still offering these temporary modes (Rush in March) I'm real excited to play them!
It has been revealed that it is a limited time event unfortunately. They essentially are creating modes to push this tides of war battle pass like thing that they offer. It is an interesting approach to keeping the game fresh for sure. I am not mad at it but I do love me some grind right now.
its fun but so far it seems to always end up one sided, unless I was just on some crappy teams.

Wish the ticket count was a bit larger since the games go by pretty fast.
You have been on crappy teams. Unfortunately there is no real autobalance in any of DICE's games and they usually end up these one sided affairs. Maybe the last time we have any balancing was maybe BF4 with actual client servers instead of this ALL EA only server nonsense.

Personally I love the length of the games since most matches in BF5 are like 20-30 minutes long. Give me 10 minute matches more often.
I think they just had a game mode like the previous event or the one before where it was a huge mix of rush and conquest. My one match was going on for 1 1/2 hours. I was fatigued by the one round that never finished and refused to play the mode again. I think it was called bombastic fantastic or something of that nature

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
It has been revealed that it is a limited time event unfortunately. They essentially are creating modes to push this tides of war battle pass like thing that they offer. It is an interesting approach to keeping the game fresh for sure. I am not mad at it but I do love me some grind right now.

You have been on crappy teams. Unfortunately there is no real autobalance in any of DICE's games and they usually end up these one sided affairs. Maybe the last time we have any balancing was maybe BF4 with actual client servers instead of this ALL EA only server nonsense.

Personally I love the length of the games since most matches in BF5 are like 20-30 minutes long. Give me 10 minute matches more often.
I think they just had a game mode like the previous event or the one before where it was a huge mix of rush and conquest. My one match was going on for 1 1/2 hours. I was fatigued by the one round that never finished and refused to play the mode again. I think it was called bombastic fantastic or something of that nature

LOL I am the opposite I love long modes. Could sit on 3000 ticket server all day. Was a huge fan of Grand Operations from BF1 as well.

Only mentioned the length because Jackfrags compared it to Metro 3000 ticket servers, and it is as grindy but just not as long. Decent enough little mode but I really want DICE to put some time into dropping some flags on the FIRESTORM map and giving us some modes on there.

cryptoadam

Banned
Map looks good, hopefully its not just tied to conquest to start and we get it in breakthrough.

I am still playing BF V but I have to say the big failing on this game is the maps. No real stand outs and they don't really compare to the BF 1 maps.

Map looks good, hopefully its not just tied to conquest to start and we get it in breakthrough.

I am still playing BF V but I have to say the big failing on this game is the maps. No real stand outs and they don't really compare to the BF 1 maps.

It’s as if they fired everyone who made maps on BF1, and hired students right out of school.

- Then when the students asked: So what kind of maps do you want us to make? Some like the popular ones such as Normandy?

- EA guy: No, we’ll focus on the really boring unknown battles, thanks.

Last edited:
It’s as if they fired everyone who made maps on BF1, and hired students right out of school.

- Then when the students asked: So what kind of maps do you want us to make? Some like the popular ones such as Normandy?

- EA guy: No, we’ll focus on the really boring unknown battles, thanks.

And the thing is, even the base vanilla game had some really good maps. People love St. Quentin Scar and Ballroom Blitz.

Also Amiens > Rotterdam.

Arras was really good though, Devastation is good from a design perspective but it's major drawback is it's the worst offender of visibility issues due to it's color palette.

And the thing is, even the base vanilla game had some really good maps. People love St. Quentin Scar and Ballroom Blitz.

Also Amiens > Rotterdam.

Arras was really good though, Devastation is good from a design perspective but it's major drawback is it's the worst offender of visibility issues due to it's color palette.

I could play Amiens all day every day

Texas Pride

Banned
They really fucked this game up with no premium pass. Say what you want but at least they delivered maps. Once the game tanked they were never going to support it properly. Battlefront all over again.

manfestival

They really fucked this game up with no premium pass. Say what you want but at least they delivered maps. Once the game tanked they were never going to support it properly. Battlefront all over again.
I disagree about BOTH of your points. Battlefront 2 has had a TON of support. Just go play the game. They even added a new mode recently that has become such a hit that they have put out 2 more maps for it in like a couple months. Also there is nothing to substantiate your initial statement of the premium pass doing the game a bigger service than without.

Texas Pride

Banned
I disagree about BOTH of your points. Battlefront 2 has had a TON of support. Just go play the game. They even added a new mode recently that has become such a hit that they have put out 2 more maps for it in like a couple months. Also there is nothing to substantiate your initial statement of the premium pass doing the game a bigger service than without.

You can disagree all you want but you're wrong. Go back and look at the premium pass content of past BF games and try and tell me with a straight face we're getting anything close to that support with BFV. Go ahead. I'll wait.

You're being dishonest.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

You can disagree all you want but you're wrong. Go back and look at the premium pass content of past BF games and try and tell me with a straight face we're getting anything close to that support with BFV. Go ahead. I'll wait.

You're being dishonest.

Well I don't think it's that far apart from BF1. IN BFV you got Firestorm and then the Mercury map. At this point in BF1, we got They Shall Not Pass which had ~5 maps eventually 6.

Firestorm is a pretty big piece of content like it or not.

I do believe BFV won't get as much content overall. But at the same time it isn't an extra $50 either for whatever content the game ends up getting.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

Level cap increasing from 50 to 500.......
"One of the standout pieces of feedback that we’ve received over the past six months has been that you want the ability to keep levelling your Career Rank beyond 50"

They couldn't have said this with a straight face right?

Texas Pride

Banned
Well I don't think it's that far apart from BF1. IN BFV you got Firestorm and then the Mercury map. At this point in BF1, we got They Shall Not Pass which had ~5 maps eventually 6.

Firestorm is a pretty big piece of content like it or not.

I do believe BFV won't get as much content overall. But at the same time it isn't an extra $50 either for whatever content the game ends up getting.

Firestorms quality is subjective though. So value from one person to another will vary. I hate COD but love Blackout. I love the BF series but hate Firestorm. The market wasn't starving for a WW2 BR mode truth is it sucks bcs nobody gives a shit and its poorly implemented and tacked on. From maps to guns premium pass delivered and I'm not big on season passes but premium promised and delivered content. When this game didn't meet sales expectations with no premium pass to prop it up the writing was on the wall. And that's not including all the negative press it got. They were never going to support it the way they did previous games.

Is the game performing worse on quad core i5's since the latest update for anyone else? I know Frostbite murders quad core CPUs but I used to have no issues with my OC'd i5 6600K, usage would be around 70-80% with appropriate full load on my GPU on all 64 player maps, but now no matter how much workload I try to put on my GPU my CPU is stuck at 100% and I get random stutters interrupting my otherwise 100+ FPS.

Hell even when I turn on DX12 and DXR to put more load on my GPU and drop my FPS into the 50's, my CPU usage stays at 100% and I get the stutters.

McHuj

Finally they’re increasing the level cap after 7 months. Why couldn’t they have done this earlier. I’v Been 50
For the last 6 months

cryptoadam

Banned

Also Amiens > Rotterdam.

BF 1 Maps just blow BF V out of the water, but its most likely due to Operations mode.

BF 1 Maps gave you different play styles and elevations within maps. St Quentin Scar is a crazy map. Starts out level and all burnt down, basically trench and lay low warfare. Then you get a bit of elevation and a tower to fight around. Followed by a downhill into a blown out church and village. Then you get a full little village with CQC fighting with all the buildings. And finish it off with an uphill battle and some great towers for sniping and elevation.

You don't get anything like that in BF V. Rotterdam is essentially all the same flat map. Sure you can go high or low, but the game play doesn't really change that much through out the map.

I could go on and break down each map but I won't. BF 1 maps each new point gave you a different way you needed to take/defend it, and in different area's. Sometimes wide open, sometimes a small town, sometimes some buildings, maybe even a fortress.

I still have fun with BF V, you can't match sitting in a building and then the whole thing comes down on you from a mortar strike with people flying all over the place and tanks and planes all around. I feel like BF V they really cut corners and the maps reflect that.

cryptoadam

Banned
give us our XP retroactively, then raise the cap to 1000!!!

Also Premium pass was way better than this GaaS no argument can be made. And if you are a BF fan you don't mind dropping the 50$ for what is essentially a whole second MP game. By the end of premium you get 16-20 maps and tons of guns, vehicles, modes etc...

And Firestorm is a nice addition but should of been there from day 1 and EA is being stubborn by not making F2P and putting in revive. But the saddest thing with Firestorm is they can take the map and vehicles, slice it up into 10-15 small "maps" and dump a bunch of flags and we have tons of conquest and breathrough content. It can't be that hard to section off some of the map and drop some flags.

manfestival

You're being dishonest.
I could equally same the same about your post but pointing fingers clearly isn't the way to address it. These are 2 different approaches entirely. This was preplanned as well. This is essentially apples to oranges just in the nature of free to paid. No need to try to attempt to dismiss my post because you don't agree.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Finally they’re increasing the level cap after 7 months. Why couldn’t they have done this earlier. I’v Been 50
For the last 6 months
Increasing the level cap doesn’t solve the main problems of BFV. What sold me on Battlefield was the destruction, gameplay, remember how everyone went crazy over Frostbite 2 and 3? Dice has to go for the knockouts, Bad Company 3 this E3 is the right move

II_JumPeR_I

EA has finally announced that Battlefield V will release in Winter of 2019.

Metro and Pacific is the only interesting content for me in this trailer.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

I'll tell you what. Dice knows how to cut awesome video montages! Maps look great and much more appealing to the eye. Glad they're moving away
from the dirt browns and dirty yellows of the previous maps. Still hoping for a Battlefield 1942 Remaster announcement!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
zNeq14b.jpg

McHuj

Increasing the level cap doesn’t solve the main problems of BFV. What sold me on Battlefield was the destruction, gameplay, remember how everyone went crazy over Frostbite 2 and 3? Dice has to go for the knockouts, Bad Company 3 this E3 is the right move

They really need to nail BC3, but I don't think it will be this year. I think the next BF game is coming in 2020 and will be a cross-gen game like BF4 was.

BF1/V are good looking games, but to me at least look very similar. The next BF game will need an engine update. I want to be wow'ed again like I was when BF3 came out.

cryptoadam

Banned
BC3 LOL. A name doesn't change anything. BF V could of been called Bad Company WW2 and it wouldn't change anything.

BC3 will still be the same DICE and the same EA. Actually this is more on EA. I doubt DICE wanted to cut corners on everything, delay half the game, and try to load it up with MTX.

BF V is still a ton of fun and its really an unmatched experience. And I think it will be 6 or 7 maps by October isn't too shabby though slow.

Overall none of the game is held back by the maps as none of them are standouts.

xn0

With most retailers selling BFV for PC/Xbox/PS4 between $24-$30, I feel its strange that BFV is still full price on Origin.

Celcius

°Temp. member
With most retailers selling BFV for PC/Xbox/PS4 between $24-$30, I feel its strange that BFV is still full price on Origin.
It's now $24 on origin.com and I'm wondering if I should finally take the plunge or just skip it outright

Mista

Banned
Tomorrow's patch notes:

Players can expect a downtime as the patch is rolled out, and it’s the following times:
  • PC: 1 a.m. PT/4 a.m. ET
  • PS4: 2 a.m. PT/5 a.m. ET
  • XB1: 3 a.m. PT/6 a.m. ET

What’s New?
  • We have reduced the recoil, and increased the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness
  • Kills in Firestorm are now awarded if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state

What’s Changed?
  • Fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers
  • Specializations are now able to be reset on the P08 Carbine
  • The game will no longer stutter when killing enemies with tanks
  • Removed an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires it’s main cannon
  • The screen will no longer turn black when firing stationary cannons
  • The Arras sights on the Lewis gun now displays correctly when using extended mags
  • Rate Of Fire for the MKVI Revolver has also been reduced to 180RPM, from 200RPM
  • The correct crosshair now shows for the Mosquito FB MKVI on all load-outs
  • The Company will now display the correct amount of bombs for the JU-88
  • Players trying to spawn into airplanes should no longer get stuck on the deploy screen

What’s being worked on for Update 4.4 (end of August update)?
  • Additional fixes are also targeted to improve performance and stability across all platforms
  • New Maps: Lofoten Islands and Provence
  • Increase in Max Rank to 500
  • Updates to Fortress Mode
  • New Weapons – In preparation for subsequent Tides of War Rewards (Panzerbüchse 39, Breda M1935, C96 Pistol Carbine)
  • Fixes for desynced top-gunner hitbox on certain Vehicles
  • Fixes for desynced soldier hitbox known to occur when reviving or vaulting\

Last edited:
Top Bottom