• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 Has An Optional Censorship Mode

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Help Me Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lady Jane

Banned

They gave people the option to choose what they want. So the people who legit want to play Bayonetta and not experience the near nudity can enjoy it. And the people who only wanted Bayonetta to be fully censored (and were never going to play it anyway) to pressure another dev to fit their world view can stay mad.

Make no mistake, this will not please Twitter or resetera since we are getting the game we want.

Last edited:

Thorpe

This is probably the ideal route to go rather than directly changing assets based on potential regional sensitivity. It won't eliminate the usual complaints/thread shitting, but should ideally dampen it as they have options now.

Love the sarcastic title of the mode and the way that twitter message was written lol

Edit - Also, I wouldn't doubt if Platinum was trolling with this option too based on the complaints they typically heard (Given how Kamiya trolls on Twitter). I'm assuming this was probably a feature that was added near the end of the dev cycle as they were wrapping things up.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

A company doing censorship the right way? I didn't know such a thing was possible in 2022...
Epic/MS Gears of War...great to see this even though I won't use it. My son is 13. He has been exposed to far much worse in school and at a much younger age so I have no problem playing it in front of him.

Last edited:
They gave people the option to choose what they want. So the people who legit want to play Bayonetta and not experience the near nudity can enjoy it. And the people who only wanted Bayonetta to be fully censored (and were never going to play it anyway) to pressure another dev to fit their world view can stay mad.

Make no mistake, this will not please Twitter or resetera since we are getting the game we want.
No I get that, I am mostly saying that there is no such thing as good or correct censorship.

This is I guess the best possible outcome given the circumstances though.

Zannegan

Nice to have as an option.

If it doesn't take significant dev resources and it gets more people into the game, that's a good thing. *shrug*

Same ol G

Platinum just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about character action game culture (I'm an expert), but absurd sexualization is a huge part of it. It's not like it is with other games where you can become successful by having a sexuality toggle. If you have a sexuality toggle in your character action game, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the character action game public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 3 for the Nintendo Switch, nor will they purchase any of Platinum's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Platinum has alienated an entire market with this move.

Platinum, publicly apologize and remove naive angel mode for Bayonetta 3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Copied this from Resetera, there are actually some funny people in that thread

Ezquimacore

Banned
Platinum just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about character action game culture (I'm an expert), but absurd sexualization is a huge part of it. It's not like it is with other games where you can become successful by having a sexuality toggle. If you have a sexuality toggle in your character action game, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the character action game public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Bayonetta 3 for the Nintendo Switch, nor will they purchase any of Platinum's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Platinum has alienated an entire market with this move.

Platinum, publicly apologize and remove naive angel mode for Bayonetta 3 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Copied this from Resetera, there are actually some funny people in that thread
Man shut the fuck up

Edit- I apologize, I didn't read and ended apologizing like a bitch.♥️

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thats Good Patrick Stewart GIF

What's this from? Research purposes blah blah
Fujiko Mine is the female love interest on the long-running Lupin III anime. She's been a symbol of natural female beauty, femininity, sexuality, and female empowerment since the 1960s.

PJX

This is what they wanted to happen, they knew it wasn't enough. This mode is a direct middle finger to lunatics that are offended by digital (and real) T & A and they're already losing their minds over it.

They're all shaking

While Bayonetta is shaking something else
giphy.gif

My colleague ask if you can send a link to the original video for research purposes. He's trying to get his Masters.

Top Bottom