• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beetlejuice 2 Trailer Released

SpiceRacz

Didn’t Lydia end up sort of being adopted by Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis at the end of the original? I wonder how they’re going to explain their disappearance.

I wouldn't say they adopter her. They just agreed to share the house with Deetz's. My guess would be they're going to pass on to the afterlife, rather than being in limbo for 125 years or whatever in that house.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Why do movies take so long to release sequels?

- Ghostbusters
- Top gun
-Blade Runner
-Mad Max
Because back in the days studios mostly didn’t bother with sequels. IIRC sequels would usually get lower budgets. Remember how Arnold didn’t want to do Predator 2 because they didn’t pay him enough?

Imagine Conan releasing today for instance? Arnold would have been the Conan guy.

Entertainment industry was so infinitely better in the 90s.

GymWolf

Looks WAY better than Ghostbusters Frozen Empire.
868dd82f-5d25-4ca3-9057-80ac169c18d7_text.gif

Davey Cakes

Why do movies take so long to release sequels?

- Ghostbusters
- Top gun
-Blade Runner
-Mad Max
All of these were pretty good, though? Ghostbusters Afterlife/Empire are the weakest but they're not terrible. Top Gun 2 was legit better than the original. Mad Max Fury Road is one of the best action movies ever. It's not always a bad thing to do sequels. "Creative bankruptcy" is a thing but there are diamonds in the rough.

Audiophile

Gold Member
Bit of a sidenote, but it's almost as if Winona just stepped out of a time machine. Even with the heavier makeup she's still got that youthful vibrancy in her eyes.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
All of these were pretty good, though? Ghostbusters Afterlife/Empire are the weakest but they're not terrible. Top Gun 2 was legit better than the original. Mad Max Fury Road is one of the best action movies ever. It's not always a bad thing to do sequels. "Creative bankruptcy" is a thing but there are diamonds in the rough.
I mean they take too long to make sequels... On the list they were all good, except Ghostbusters which seemed average to me...

Krathoon

Some people kind of miss the point with Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice was not marrying Lydia to have sex with her. He was just using her to get access to the living world.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
35 years too late

I remember reading articles about it in the late 80s-early 90s along with seeing a picture of Keaton's character lying on a beach in a Hawaiian shirt.

As if we need more proof Hwood couldnt be more creatively bankrupt. And I love Keaton and Winona, but yeah hard pass on this horse shit. Just stahp.

Also, without an Otho, let alone Baldwin and Davis this franchise aint shit.

Last edited:

ssringo

For 55 seconds I was incredibly underwhelmed. Then Michael Keaton says 4 words and I'm giggling like a little kid and am going to watch it just for him. Love Michael Keaton.

Edit: Also love Catherine O'Hara. Huge teenage crush on Kevin and Lydia's mom.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Some people kind of miss the point with Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice was not marrying Lydia to have sex with her. He was just using her to get access to the living world.
It was both, more his ultimate goal was just that. Don't act like BJ wouldn't tear the pussy out the frame, if he got the chance.

Top Bottom