• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel Moon Part 2: The Scargiver Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

official-poster-for-rebel-moon-part-2-the-scargiver-v0-qfl0uosg2xoc1.jpeg

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Wow, they look pretty prepared for a fight down there….

Launch a pinpoint orbital bombardment of everything but the girl.

The end.

CGNoire

I just dont think the concept of a moonbase vs an Armada was ever really compelling to begin with. This was destined to fail from the beginning.

I do wish Zack would direct a 40k film now though.

Superkewl

Gold Member
I didn't watch part1 because I heard that a directors cut of part 1 would be released at the same time as part 2, and that a few months after part 2 was released, a director's cut of part2 would be released. Not gonna bother with the non-director's cuts.

Heard the first part was not good, but thinking I will still give it a shot.

EDIT: https://www.gamesradar.com/rebel-moon-directors-cuts-same-day-netflix-release/

Zack Snyder has teased that his director's cuts of both Rebel Moon movies could be landing on Netflix on the same day.

The director's cuts are set to be longer than the standard versions, and they're also going to be R-rated – the Netflix versions are PG-13.

"Those will come out, probably, on the same day – later," Snyder told
I Minutemen. "We don't have a date yet, but I think it's going to be in the summer."

Last edited:

dorkimoe

I can’t remember one thing about the first. Only thing I remember is I didn’t hate it but it wasn’t good

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, when someone going down a tunnel casually killing mooks is an action set piece trope so used in your film that even the TRAILER shows THREE different versions of it......you might be watching a Zach Snyder film :p

John Bilbo

Looks utterly nonsensical. It could be fun if the action was thoughtfully choreographed and well directed. Based on the trailer it isn't.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Tbh I'm holding out for the R rated versions as I believe Synder filmed these as some sort of balls out Heavy Metal inspired blood fest then had to cut the shit out of it to bring it to the masses, so there may be a semi decent flick in amongst these

Hot5pur

I thought the first one was ok, not great, but watchable.
Then again I also thought that about Morbius.
Sometimes having low standards works in your advantage.

StueyDuck

The first movie was butt so I just can't be interested at all.

The complete reverse effect of seeing the Dune part 2 trailer. This part 2 trailer makes me go... meh

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Its a superficial mish mash of Star Wars teaming up with Guardians of the Galaxy and some Hunger Games vibes over it.

It wasn't great nor was it good, but the first one was alright. It is superficial because the lore isn't built in the course of the film. Compare that to Dune, who does that in spades.

Still watching, popcorn sci-fi is still sci-fi.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I just dont think the concept of a moonbase vs an Armada was ever really compelling to begin with. This was destined to fail from the beginning.

I do wish Zack would direct a 40k film now though.

Only if he isn't allowed anywhere near the script, and works purely as a director for hire.

His over the top, bombastic style would suit 40k though. But I don't think he's self aware enough to realise it.

Vyse

Gold Member
I just watched part 1 this week and thought it was pretty good. Looking forward to part 2.

hlm666

Well the Audioslave song doesn't fit the trailer very well, it's like they tried to do what they did with immigrant song in Thor but were too lazy to find the right song.

dorkimoe

i hate that they arent just letting him release his version at the same time, its fucking digital content just give us a choice., I am going to have to watch part 1 again to remember ANYTHING about it, and im not watching both now and then have to rewatch his c uts

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
i hate that they arent just letting him release his version at the same time, its fucking digital content just give us a choice., I am going to have to watch part 1 again to remember ANYTHING about it, and im not watching both now and then have to rewatch his c uts
Hold off until the end of summer. Both cuts of the r-rated versions will release simultaneously. I can't imagine stomaching 5-6 hours of PG13 versions and then still having the patience to sit through the r-rated cuts.

dorkimoe

Hold off until the end of summer. Both cuts of the r-rated versions will release simultaneously. I can't imagine stomaching 5-6 hours of PG13 versions and then still having the patience to sit through the r-rated cuts.
yeah i think thats what ill do. I assume they do it because his stuff is so polarizing and he trends on twitter everytime. Good or bad now they will trend again later this year

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
You guys got it all wrong.

If you set your expectations to 0, and watch it as your second screen (Zoomer mentality) then it does enough in the visual department to grab your attention every now and then. It's literally Zack Snyder showing Hollywood he can make a Star Wars, Marvel, Star Trek, WW2, Lord of the Rings vehicle as long as he gets a writer. That is not completely without value.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wasn't the R cut of the first one supposed to be out as well. I'm FAR more interested in that than the "conclusion" of the PG-13 story.

I'm basically expecting those farmhands to make actual CATAPAULTS that take out interstellar warships hovering in high atmo.

Top Bottom