• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel Moon Part 2: The Scargiver Trailer Released

Atrus

Gold Member
Second one was even worse than the first from a writing standpoint and the action was extremely boring for how much money must have been spent to produce it. There is even a scene where everyone just sits around a table telling flashback stories.

Rockondevil

I don’t get the hype for Zack Snyder movies, in my opinion he didn’t made one good movie since 300. why do people still believe his movies will turn out good?
Watchmen, Sucker Punch (not for everyone to be fair), Man of Steel, JL Snyder Cut.

Some I could see you argue and say are bad but saying Watchmen isn't good is wild.

Watchmen, Sucker Punch (not for everyone to be fair), Man of Steel, JL Snyder Cut.
Even Man of steel was 11 years ago and it’s not like before that he had a good track record with some exceptions if you really count some of them good. But why all the hype, he made many more bad movies than average or good movies.

I can understand the hype when Christopher Nolan or Quentin Tarantino (or perhaps even Jordan Peele, although the quality of his movies get worse with every title until now) releases a new movie, but Zack Snyder?

Last edited:

Trilobit

The problem with the first movie was that Snyder is a comic lover who happens to make movies. He's obsessed with what looks cool, but not with substance. George Lucas was a movie lover and a lover of pulp comics like Flash Gordon. You can see his understanding of film making in how influential Kurosawa movies were to Star Wars.

Hamill said that his portrayal of Luke was inspired by Lucas and you can really sense Luke's deep desire for adventure and to go beyond farming on Tatooine. So Star Wars was very much a love letter to all the things Lucas loved. Not to mention the stellar help he had writing the story.

I see none of this in Rebel Moon. It looks nice and has all the elements of a scifi fantasy movie, but it's impossible to ignore how hollow it is. It only cares about looking cool. None of the characters feel real or like they're living in that world. There are no small wonderful details and moments like Solo teasing Leia or C3PO enjoying his little oil bath.

We won't get anything like that again unless it's from someone passionate about adventure and the discovery of new worlds. Lucas looked back to stuff in the past, but he elevated the mix of those elements and created something brand new that had his soul in it. It won't be enough with people trying to copy Star Wars and trying to capture the magic of it, which Rebel Moon and The Creator has shown.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
There is nothing to care about or be interested in with these movies. No characters or stories are of any interest.

watch an advanced civilization use a hand crank to aim a giant gun. 😂

Top Bottom