• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BELLATOR MMA PPV |OT| Mo Rampage Mo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
mRmf5S8.jpg

BACKSTORY

The event is set to air live on PPV as Bellator MMA's inaugural pay-per-view event.

Bellator 106 was to be Bellator's first ever pay-per-view event and was expected to be headlined by a Light Heavyweight bout between Tito Ortiz and Quinton Jackson, both of whom would have been making their promotional debuts. However, on October 25, it was announced that Ortiz was out of the bout due to injury. Subsequently, Bellator announced that the show would air on Spike TV rather that PPV.

Bellator 120 was expected to be headlined by Eddie Alvarez defending his Bellator Lightweight Championship against the former champion Michael Chandler in a trilogy fight. However, a week before the fight, it was announced that Alvarez had suffered a concussion and was forced to pull out of the fight. Chandler will now face Will Brooks for the Interim Lightweight title.

Tito Ortiz is set to make his Bellator Debut at this event against Bellator Middleweight Champion Alexander Shlemenko.

PPV CARD

mj7Gwlw.png
dzeKwh1.png

• (205) RAMPAGE JACKSON (34-11) vs KING MO (12-3 (1)) - Light Heavyweight Tournament Final
One of the best worked feuds in recent memory. Simple booking, old school trash talking, a couple of shoves here and there. Rampage is going through a mini revival in Bellator while Mo never reached his full potential. Honestly, this fight ends as soon as Rampage touches Mo in the face.

Y0ujAqJ.png
DkWlSLo.png

• (155) MICHAEL CHANDLER (12-1) vs WILL BROOKS (13-1) - Interim Lightweight Championship
Chandler was half of the FOTY 2013 versus Eddie Alvarez. This was supposed to be the rubber match but Eddie is out so enter Brooks. Brooks was supposed to fight the winner of the original fight but was pushed ahead for this PPV. Fast twitch grinder, could easily take a decision out of Chandler.

lynsv38.png
YTJFxXq.png

• (205) ALEXANDER SHLEMENKO (50-7) vs TITO ORTIZ (16-11-1)
Tito Ortiz: “This Russian called me out, and I think he made a big mistake,” Ortiz said. “He was counting his chickens before they hatched, and this is a man that’s neither a chicken nor an egg – and I’m going to smash him like an egg.”

fBXyPRU.png
4EdoGpg.png

• (265) BLAGOY IVANOV (11-0 (1)) vs ALEXANDER VOLKOV (21-4) - Heavyweight Tournament Final
Bulgaria vs Russia, fireworks. Ivanov is a complete badass and pretty much came back from the dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL0jP2pLJeU

7XSP5oV.png
nGvTrcb.png

• (170) MICHAEL PAGE (5-0) vs RICKY RAINEY (8-2)
No words, only Page...

idMmjo7Z1WcBC.gif

PRELIMINARY CARD LIVE ON SPIKE TV

• (155) Shahbulat Shamhalaev vs Fabricio Guerreiro
  • (265) Cheick Kongo vs Eric Smith
  • (145) Mike Richman vs Goiti Yamauchi
  • (155) Marcin Held vs Nate Jolly
PRELIMINARY CARD ON SPIKE.COM

• (145) Zach Underwood vs Austin Lyons
  • (265) Justin Frazier vs Mike Wessel
  • (170) Ben Brewer vs Andy Uhrich
  • (170) Anthony Lemon vs Codie Shuffield
  • (135) Cortez Phelia vs Brian Hall

Its $45 where I am. $45 to see a fake feud between Rampage and King Mo play out and Tito take a dive (not that its necessary) to help put over a guy he found and sponsors.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
If I hear the phrase "IM A MONSTA" one more god damn time...

It's the new "I WANT MY BELT BAAAACK"

Joe Rogan predicted a couple of times on his podcast that we are going to see a bunch of dominating eastern european / russian MMA fighters and grapplers coming into the UFC.

I could believe it. In Scandinavia we have many people who do manual labor work like mexicans do in America. But the jobs these Slovenians, Polish, Ukrainians, Romanians, Russians, Latvians, Estonians and Bulgarians do, is stuff like really heavy lifting, and blue color jobs. Insanely tough people. Very macho, seems insane masculine. I could really see it.
But I never think we will see another Fedor <3

Goddamn.

I left to take a shit before the fight expecting a Chandler finishing GIF and I see Brooks dominating round 3!?!?

I hope he wins. Chandler seems like a douche ever since he beat Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom