• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Anime 2025

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Isn't the Berserk 97 Season 2 project ALSO covering the Black Swordsman arc? These projects both look great but they should work together or get out of each other's way.

I was really impressed with the quality of the first episode of that project and I'm happy we're getting something better than the 2016 series, but I do have to say Black Swordsman is by far the worst arc in the series and I appreciate that the previous animes condensed that stuff into a single episode.

I remember seeing the teaser a long while ago. so is this finally/actually coming out?

on one hand...

RloCqQV.jpeg

but on the other hand...

xLHyhXc.gif

FeralEcho

This looks absolutely incredible.

The music,voices,scenes,it all blends so perfectly.

It shows just how huge the potential of a Berserk adaptation is and how fucking stupid the "real" studios are for not taking it on.

It's up to the fans it seems to show these stupid studios how much Berserk actually means to the world and what a waste it was to leave it for over 20 years to wallow in nothingness.

Good Job studio Eclypse! Bravo!

It shows just how huge the potential of a Berserk adaptation is and how fucking stupid the "real" studios are for not taking it on.

It's up to the fans it seems to show these stupid studios how much Berserk actually means to the world and what a waste it was to leave it for over 20 years to wallow in nothingness.

I would say that a lot of the studio probably WANT to faithfully recreate the story but they know they'll be facing lots of issues going from some of the stuff in the story would be really hard to bring into a show that's anything but mature rating. but if they compromise to bring it to a lower age group rating to get more sales, they will definitely face the wrath of all the die hard fans, not to mention Miura's stduio probably won't sign it off if they plan on doing that. at the end of the day, it's all about money still so I don't blame them. and of course, the finished product will ALWAYS get compare against Miura's original artwork, which honestly is a rather impossible standar to meet.

Yeah seeing that trailer gives me hope

The manga is my GOAT of all time

I just wish they would do a Proper Adaptation of the whole manga

It would be glorious to see everything fully animated and uncensored

Fbh

Seems cool for a fan made project I guess.

But having just clicked on the video without any context the first thing I thought was
"Why does the animation look like something from Youtube?".

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
This show was honestly crushing to watch. I wish they would just write a happy ending for Guts.

SF Kosmo

Yeah seeing that trailer gives me hope

The manga is my GOAT of all time

I just wish they would do a Proper Adaptation of the whole manga

It would be glorious to see everything fully animated and uncensored
Maybe I'm weird but I want to see it an an HBO drama, like Game of Thrones.

Jsisto

Looks great but I’m not gonna bank on fan projects, so much that could go wrong. At this point I’d be fine if they did a new/improved official anime and just picked up where 2016/17 left off.

Maybe I'm weird but I want to see it an an HBO drama, like Game of Thrones.

Nah they would censor everything or make sure all the female characters especially Casca are Butt Ugly and than show nudity. Or if they have actual attractive females in a supposedly HBO Adaptation, they would cover them up with a Burkha or if there's nudity of said attractive female they would just put a dick on her just to own the Chuds

SF Kosmo

Nah they would censor everything or make sure all the female characters especially Casca are Butt Ugly and than show nudity.
Yeah, just like Game of Thrones, that famously censored show with unattractive women and no nudity -- what the fuck are you talking about?

If anything it would probably be a lot less censored than the anime series, which have all had some pretty heavy censorship and omissions.

Or if they have actual attractive females in a supposedly HBO Adaptation, they would cover them up with a Burkha or if there's nudity of said attractive female they would just put a dick on her just to own the Chuds
What planet do you live on?

Top Bottom