• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and Worst game of 2022 in your opinion?

Zimmy68

Wow, I got bored of Horizon Forbidden West near the middle and stopped playing, But it is still a AAA title that plays great and has good combat.
Calling it the worst of the year is a stretch.
Disappointing? Maybe.
I can't pick a worst because I only bought games that I knew I would like.
My best is Elden Ring, hands down. Still play it daily since release.

Wow, I got bored of Horizon Forbidden West near the middle and stopped playing, But it is still a AAA title that plays great and has good combat.
Calling it the worst of the year is a stretch.
Disappointing? Maybe.
I can't pick a worst because I only bought games that I knew I would like.
My best is Elden Ring, hands down. Still play it daily since release.
>But it is still a AAA title

That doesn't imply guaranteed quality nowadays. Nor does it imply a game of a lower budget would be any worse.

>has good combat.

We definitely have to disagree there, FW felt even worse than ZD in that department for various reasons.

Markio128

Best - GT7, GOW:R and HFW - all good and equally enjoyed, though if I had to pick one it would be GT7.
Worst - Tunic - still a decent game (the manual aspect is cool), but the constant backtracking and needless difficulty turned me off before I could finish it.

Fuz

Banned
Seems that we're having a lot of those threads these days.

But anyway.

Best: Perfect Tides
Worst: return to monkey island

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
GT7 went forward while other racers went backwards you could make the strong case GT7 is acknowledged by racing fans everywhere Forza all of a sudden wound up being an arcade stinker x uncharted I don’t want my cars falling out of planes.

Fbh

I'm calling dips on the "best and worst games of 2022 but only those you played on a full moon night" thread.

On topic
Best: Elden Ring
Worst: That I played and released this year Stray, that I played in general Deathloop.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
best game is Elden Ring
worst is uhhhhh
uhhmmmmm
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................
Television Media GIF

Hurahn7

Banned
GT7 went forward while other racers went backwards you could make the strong case GT7 is acknowledged by racing fans everywhere Forza all of a sudden wound up being an arcade stinker x uncharted I don’t want my cars falling out of planes.
There are two Forzas. Motorsport and Horizon. Motorsport comes out next year and it's the track based Forza.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Best: Elden Ring: a sense of discovery and challenge around every corner

Worst: Hard to say, since, like others, I avoid known stinkers. Probably Pentiment, which was still pretty good. The modern manner of speaking pulled me out of the experience when so much care was taken to be true to the era, and the story moved too slowly for my taste.

TLZ

Banned
But we already have best and worst game threads. Why another?

Last edited:

SSfox

Best: Between ER and P5R

Worst: I'm picky so it's fortunately are rare shitty games i encounter

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How is it a lazy thread? Because it's not just posting a link to a news article and actually discussing video games???
No, it's because we already threads to discuss this, but you went with it instead of checking that out. You lazy. :lollipop_weary:

rolandss

Best: GT7. It’s my go to as someone into cars. Brilliant game. Gotta say I’m also loving Modern Warfare 2. CoD a lot of shit on GAF but fuck me if the traditional multiplayer modes like team death match, kill confirmed and capture the flag aren’t fun. MW2019 was great and this is a worthy follow.

Worst: not sure - I didn’t actually buy a tonne. I bought what I wanted to play.

Best is obviously Elden Ring.

I'm not sure about worst, but most disappointing is Like a Dragon. Yakuza with a JRPG combat system seems like a match made in heaven, but I couldn't get more than a few hours into the game because of how incredibly slow, repetitive, and meandering the dialog is.

Best : WoW and sea of thieves. Lots to do and so much fun to be had especially playing with friends. I know these games are technically older, but the new updates/expansion makes it feel fresh IMO.

Worse : For me it was plague's tale even though I only played it for a little while on game pass. Sorry, but single player narrative driven games are so boring to me.
That is why I also don't care for Hell blade or God of war. Not bad games objectively, but just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Best:
Sonic Frontiers
Elden Ring
Street Fighter 6 beta
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Collection
Diofield Chronicles
Olli Olli World

Worst:
No More Heroes 3.
Star Ocean Divine Force (if they fix the severe performance issues, I'd probably happily go back and do end game content, as it just completely ruins the experience )

Top Bottom