• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best DDR game for a newcomer?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I have little interest in the DDR games (primarily because I have no coordination whatsoever), but my girlfriend wants to get one. She's only ever had passing experience with them, though, so is there one version in particular that's better for newcomers (or just plain better in general)?

Also, please don't recommend the Mario version, as 1.) it won't be as cheap as an old used PS2 DDR game is right now, and 2.) she is more interested in the music that you'd get in a traditional DDR game. Thanks.

BDGAME

I only play DDR games from PSONE.

The easiest of all is Disney Mix (good old songs, like Johnny Be Good, Let's twist again and Disco inferno). Other good option is 5th Mix, with many musics for beginners.

Belfast

Yeah, go with Max2 or Extreme. Pretty much all of the PS2 versions are geared towards beginners (there is some hard stuff, of course, but most vets were hoping for a lot more). There are plenty of songs to learn off of and Extreme even has a beginner's mode.

Tain

Stepmania Xbox.

Granted, that's about as good as DDR can get, but outside of that...

Konamix might have my favorite songlist. All Konami original stuff, lots of songs I like from Beatmania. I pretty much started with this one.

The original US PSX DDR is pretty forgettable, especially with that engine.

Avoid Japanese Max like the plague, though I doubt you're going for imports.

Haven't played much of the US Max releases, but I like what I've played of Max and Max2.

I'll go with Extreme (japanese) or 4th Mix. Pretty much all of the US versions have been shitty compared to their respective Japanese versions. It's pretty much up to your personal song preference, though, so it's a tough question to ask. You're pretty much bound to get a bunch of conflicting opinions no matter what.

I'd suggest the Konamix or the 4th mix. Dependent on your level of seriousness about the whole DDR thing you may also want to invest in a metal pad.

Top Bottom