• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best games to play while listening death metal?

Well, pretty much the title. Got a tracklist called "Death Metal Old School" (anyone can listen at Spotify) with 258 songs.
Just want some games where I can play with the music together. Games that are just fun without the vanilla music.
I'm playing Europa Universalis IV and some Total War titles, so is something like that.

DeepSpace5D

I like to grind out my daily bounties on Destiny 2 listening to some new metal albums. The Binding of Isaac is another nice one where you can put on some music and get to mowing enemies down.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a cool one if you practice as Bard. With Bard you can move to any beat, so I like to mute the volume of the game and play to the beat of whatever music I’m listening to.

Rock on 🤘🏼

SpiceRacz

4c437592.gif

The Fartist

Gold Member
Twisted Metal (PS3), the game allowed you to customize the soundtrack:

-Death
-Darkthrone (Soulside Journey and Total Death, of course)
-Slayer
-Exodus
-Obituary

just to name a few

Pallas

Believe it or not, CoD. I know hearing is a important aspect of the games but something about listening to certain songs, it gets me in the zone and my reflexes and reaction time are better. Music can have amazing effect on us.

Last edited:

Duchess

Back in the early 1990s, when I was at boarding school, there was a guy who had a laptop (monochrome, obviously) with a copy of DOOM. As it only had PC speaker output, we used to listen to Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, and Slayer (ha!) while playing.

(there was, of course, that one spoilt kid who had a colour laptop - the prefects used to confiscate it all the time, claiming he was playing video games on it instead of studying during prep)

Fredrik

Viva Pinata - All that anger fits perfectly when you see your first and named whirlm get slaughtered by a sparrowmint.

Seriously though, anything racing or shooting is perfect for any type of metal.

Tiamat2san

Any racing game.
Devil may cry.
Gears 5
Elden ring.
Doom
Hades
Dead rising
Anything where you butcher enemies

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
OP… when you say ‘old school death metal’ do you mean actual old school, like Obituary? Because someone once described Lamb Of God as old school death metal to me, and I wanted to punch them.

Last edited:
Stranger in Paradise.

Just Jack being a badass, action gameplay, the character in game actively saying he doesn't want any story, and tons of cool kill finishing moves every few seconds.

Kev Kev

Cannibal Corpse or Slayer with Doom 1 or 2 is a match made in Heaven Hell. Used to love blasting some of that after work to help destress.

I generally don't like metal, but Brütal Legend is great. The strategy parts have to be played like an action game though which many people don't get for some reason. Or his other metal inspired game: Full Throttle.

Top Bottom