• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best looking PC game?

Prine

Banned
I need to test out my new PC. I just ordered Half Life 2, can someone reccomend a few games to push my PC??

Dell XPS
Pentium D 3.2 GHz
1024MB PC-4200 Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz
ATi Radeon X850XT

Im not a PC gamer and have absolutly no clue what game to buy or what games to look foward to.

Someone suggested FEAR... what else?

Borys

Banned
Shit, nice setup Prine.

Best looking PC game: Doom 3.
Second place: Far Cry.

You can get demos of both games from www.3Dgamers.com, so download them, set max settings (AF, AA) and watch the eye-candy.

FEAR isn't out yet.

Must haves: Half-Life 2, Unreal Tourney 2004.

For some serious eye-candy download 3DMark2005 from Futuremark. You can't play it but it blows everything else out of the water.

And hell, just for kicks download Halo 1 PC demo. You have an Xbox so you'll finally see the difference (the same goes to Doom 3).

Painkiller (get 3 Painkiller demos from 3Dgamers!) is nice but not best looking. Unbelievable boss fights though.

Oh.

BATTLEFIELD 2 DEMO

golem

Lock On Modern Air Combat
Trackmania Sunrise
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Guild Wars
Everquest 2
Flight Simulator 9 + Addons

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ArcadeStickMonk said:
Probably Far Cry with pixel shader 3.0 support. Thhe HD light rendering looks flat out amazing.

Don't try playing the game though, just walk around the first beach area then uninstall.

I agree with that (especially the walk around then uninstall), but he is using an 850XT...which does not support Shader Model 3.0.

I would recommend Doom 3 first, then Half-Life 2. Doom 3 animates so damn well and is really a treat to experience in motion. HL2 is pretty stunning to behold, but doesn't look quite as nice in motion.

Pimpbaa

Far Cry definitely. Looks great and plays great (despite what some haters say in this thread). Half Life 2 is pretty sweet looking too.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Trackmania Sunrise takes the fucking crown gentlemen. And you can tell 'em Isamu sent'cha....

TMSX2.jpg

TMSX.jpg

Pimpbaa

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Sounds like the mantra for the PC gamer with low standards.

I'm a console gamer more than a pc gamer. It's by no means a perfect game, but it's better than the likes of Doom 3.

Top Bottom