• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda E3 2019 | Viewing and Discussion Thread | June, 9 2019. 8:30 PM EST

Will be better than EA Play 2019?

• Yes even with Fallout 76 news

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • Yes even without Elder Scrolls 6 news

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EDMIX

I guess u like mediocrity since this presser did nothing to affirm their stance going foward except for like ghostwire and doom eternal but other then that nothing was good or shocking surprise.

"I guess u like mediocrity" ??? Relax on the personal attacks, you telling me you and I are not allowed to like different things? smh.

Not everything needs to be a fight. So I'd say a 2 new AAA IP are surprises unless you telling me you know the future or something.

Typhares

Time to catch up on this after waking up. Apparently it was pretty crap, oh well didn't expect anything from Beth.

JimiNutz

Banned
Doom Eternal campaign looks awesome once again but the MP looks a bit disappointing.
Will they not just have a normal Slayer vs Slayer arena mode without demons, loadouts or special abilities?

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

CyberPanda

Banned
lmao

somerset

So Beth announced nothing we didn't already know (that matters)- the new game from Arkane (that looks boss, even if the show gave it the worst deal). And the new horror game. I find it hilarious and pathetic some here try to claim these two announcements were a *surprise* and are attacking those who were not impressed. Can you say *paid shill*- especially in the usual case.

Talking of paid shills, did you see the *paid actors* in the audience ensuring that unlike last year, the regular screaming, whooping and screaming accompanied every announcement. Todd was leaving nothing to chance. Yet I was shocked how many times the camera cut to bored (or *angry*- what was that about?) female faces. Some of those ladies were "chewing glass".

But the *paid* cheerleaders did their job, and the sound mix caught the required (fake) audience response.

I flicked thru the show, having forgotten it was on- I found it *better* than the MS disaster. From a PR event POV, not from actual game content, of course. PR should be done well- Beth, with almost nothing, did a good job.

As for the games, everything was utter sh-t save the new Arkane title, and that one sounds and looks good but needs gameplay to fully judge. However Arkane's heart is always in the right place.

The horror game looked very problematic. Here's hoping tho.

The extended look at Doom Eternal looked utter sh-t, all that nintendo mario platform nonsense with low quality graphics in crappy basic environments. Battle Royale for fallout 76 seemed more impressive. I'd say Doom:Eternal is built from the ground up for the Switch and phones. Yuck.

Yet the first vid from the game- the one with all the killing- looked so much better- not even the same game. And had a ton of design inspired from the first Doom 2, which was very cool. But I'll trust beth, so if beth chose to focus on the really sh-tty jumping stuff, I'll take it that the first vid was a clever con, and the real game is properly shown in the bad vids that followed.

And mobile, mobile, mobile, mobile, of course- for the peeps that still try to keep the faith with Beth. Even Beth's plan to waste even more time and money on the dire fallout 76 is a big *clue*.

PS that streaming tech (clue the game is doing *speculative* rendering in *anticipation* of you hitting the fire button so it can *seem* to respond to a fire message with low latency) is 100% so the satanic Zenimax can sue the other streaming peeps for *patent infringement*. *everything* in Beth's new patents is obvious to any competent coder (like myself)- but now Beth is gonna claim to have invented it all.

Dribblers don't understand that coding solutions tend to be functions of hardware limitations, *not* the limitations of alpha level coders. So when hardware gets more capable, all alpha level coders naturally start to use new methods that are *self obvious* (to alphas). Crooks exploit this tho by trying to patent *obvious* software methods before said methods are widely used cos the current hardware makes such methods not yet worthwhile.

So Bethesda has invented *nothing* and their streaming SDK is 100% a dirty rotten abuse of the patent system- a Zenimax speciality.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I don't know why I even watched. I guess I just have that little going on. We knew going in TESVI (and to a lesser agree single player Fallout) wouldn't be there, and I don't care about anything else Bethesda's got.

Maybe I'm just being petty here, but I see their announcement for the new Wolfenstein game, and all they have to say about it is "You get to kill nazis!" and I think to myself: That's what we've been doing since the 80's dude. It's hardly a selling point.

At least I know what the obsession with the Japanese lady is about now.

Edit: I almost forgot, I have to mention the absolutely retarded crowd screaming at the top of their lungs for the tiniest thing. YEAAAAH DRAGONS! WHOOO! These people were paid for the length and volume of their screams I imagine. Stop that.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Christ, that was even worse than the MS conference!

Without the announcement of Ghostwire: Tokyo and Doom Eternal's gameplay demo, I wouldn't hesitate to mark this BE3 as THE worse press-conference I've ever seen.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Doom Eternal campaign looks awesome once again but the MP looks a bit disappointing.
Will they not just have a normal Slayer vs Slayer arena mode without demons, loadouts or special abilities?

They did that and people did nothing but call it garbage.

JCK75

I don't even have words the describe how fucking pathetic that was, a bunch of really garbage mobile games and I got excited for a second because we are going to see a return of Commander Keen and then.. shitty mobile game that has nothing to do with Commander Keen whatsoever.
And I can't tell if Audience members are trying to be funny and make fun of how bad it is, or if they were paid to cheer without being instructed when. Like this was so bad I'm actually kind of Angry about it.

At least Doom Eternal looks amazing but they should have just skipped E3 and put a trailer on youtube.

Last edited:

noonjam

That does make it look more real, if you follow the link from that clip to the full video it's another just "All keynote E3 stream" from the different companies, so multiple different people filming the event and this one source didn't have his mike muted to that camera while others did?

Starfield

I think the problem is that every year people expect well, EVERYTHING from Bethesda but all in all the they don't have that many studios to show off new games so in my opinion this year was really good because we got two new ips (Deathloop and Ghostwire). The mobile games section was obviously not needed but they had to fill in the gaps of the conference somehow otherwise they would have had only an hour of conference like in 2017 - which I would have preferred imo.

Look at the trends since 2015:

Whenever a major Bethesda Game Studios title was shown off or announced their pc immidiately got ranked much higher than the ones in between.

It's just how it is guys. Don't expect too much out of a press conference.

This is not a Ubisoft or Microsoft or Sony.

They have mabye like 5 Studios who Mae's games other than BGS.

And yet every year people have expectations beyond realistic outcomes.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think the problem is that every year people expect well, EVERYTHING from Bethesda but all in all the they don't have that many studios to show off new games so in my opinion this year was really good because we got two new ips (Deathloop and Ghostwire). The mobile games section was obviously not needed but they had to fill in the gaps of the conference somehow otherwise they would have had only an hour of conference like in 2017 - which I would have preferred imo.

Look at the trends since 2015:

Whenever a major Bethesda Game Studios title was shown off or announced their pc immidiately got ranked much higher than the ones in between.

It's just how it is guys. Don't expect too much out of a press conference.

This is not a Ubisoft or Microsoft or Sony.

They have mabye like 5 Studios who Mae's games other than BGS.

And yet every year people have expectations beyond realistic outcomes.
While I recognize that it wouldn't have won everyone over, they could have easily remastered Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas to allow mod support and released those as a way to tide people over and/or give people a true Fallout game in the mean time. I refuse to play Fallout 76 as it is 100% not for me. If Bethesda REALLY wanted to show people they were sorry for Fallout 76, they could have given Fallout 3 remastered to them for free.
This would have been a big deal for me.

Last edited:

Starfield

Also guys maybe don't try to shit on Fallout 76 for making the only decision that's right, to make the game more fun and have more content and don't abandon it because even if you hate it and don't like it, there's still people who play it and noone wants an anthem or Mass Effect Andromeda fiasco where the developers just don't give a fuck anymore and abandon the game.

That would be even worse in all honesty.

Starfield

While I recognize that it wouldn't have won everyone over, they could have easily remastered Fallout 3 and New Vegas to allow mod support and released those as a way to tide people over and/or give people a true Fallout game in the mean time. I refuse to play Fallout 76 as it is 100% not for me.
This would have been a big deal for me.
I mean, I understand why some people would love a fallout remaster, I'm one of those too, but to straight out say it sucked bc it wasn't announced? That is dumb imo. They already said like a thousand times that they don't like doing remasters.

Just like they said a million times that es6 and starfield won't be shown and when it didn't people still were surprised.

Surprised Pikachu.jpg

In my very humble opinion most people/gamers nowadays are just fucking idiots. Sorry, don't wanna insult anyone but reading some of the comments here over this year's E3 people ether have to be really dumb or just trolling. An example: "worst E3 ever" alright, bud...go and maybe watch the e3's from 2010-2012 and then rethink your words

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Also guys maybe don't try to shit on Fallout 76 for making the only decision that's right, to make the game more fun and have more content and don't abandon it because even if you hate it and don't like it, there's still people who play it and noone wants an anthem or Mass Effect Andromeda fiasco where the developers just don't give a fuck anymore and abandon the game.

That would be even worse in all honesty.
Im not shitting on that decision. Im shitting on them making it like it was a favor to us that they made that decision.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I mean, I understand why some people would love a fallout remaster, I'm one of those too, but to straight out say it sucked bc it wasn't announced? That is dumb imo. They already said like a thousand times that they don't like doing remasters.

Just like they said a million times that es6 and starfield won't be shown and when it didn't people still were surprised.

Surprised Pikachu.jpg

In my very humble opinion most people/gamers nowadays are just fucking idiots. Sorry, don't wanna insult anyone but reading some of the comments here over this year's E3 people ether have to be really dumb or just trolling. An example: "worst E3 ever" alright, bud...go and maybe watch the e3's from 2010-2012 and then rethink your words
I also didn't say the press conference sucked because of just that.
It sucked because:
1. Too much time devoted to Fallout 76.
2. Too much time devoted to mobile
3. No gameplay from Arkane and Tango's new game. We just know that they exist. C'mon.
4. Constant virtue signaling.

They claim they don't like remasters except for the fact that have already re-released Skyrim and Dishonored. There is precedent.

giphy.gif

Starfield

I also didn't say the press conference sucked because of just that.
It sucked because:
1. Too much time devoted to Fallout 76.
2. Too much time devoted to mobile
3. No gameplay from Arkane and Tango's new game. We just know that they exist. C'mon.
4. Constant virtue signaling.

They claim they don't like remasters except for the fact that have already re-released Skyrim and Dishonored. There is precedent.
BGS said they didn't like remasters, Skyrim was an exception but they got flag for it. Arkane isn't BGS they can remaster whatever they want

Starfield

And BGS doesn't have to do the remasters.
I'd rather have them devote all of their resources to Starfield and Elderscrolls 6 than seeing them making a remaster. While it would be awesome to see it would only delay the main games further from competition.

It already sucks enough that they use some of their talent on mobile games...

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'd rather have them devote all of their resources to Starfield and Elderscrolls 6 than seeing them making a remaster. While it would be awesome to see it would only delay the main games further from competition.

It already sucks enough that they use some of their talent on mobile games...
That's why you have another studio do it. BGS does not need to be the studio that remasters Fallout 3/New Vegas. They can have the same studio that did the Special Edition for Skyrim.

JohannCK

Ghostwire looks really interesting but the rest of it was pretty disappointing for me.

The videos of devs going on about how great Bethesda is was just terribly sad, and the guy in the front constantly interrupting with badly-timed WOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAHs sure didn't help either.

Trogdor1123

I'm honestly shocked no fallout 3 and new Vegas remasters were announced. Couldn't they just use the of engine and port them fairly easily?

tkscz

Bethesda Rep: "Dragons"
Audience:
90Ew.gif

Bethesda Rep: "Mobile game"
Audience:
giphy.gif

Bethesda Rep: *Says something in Japanese that most of the audience probably doesn't understand*
Audience:
tenor.gif

Bethesda Rep: *Farts*
Audience:
b5d6741da89c3b206ac0ec94f3b19c9e.gif

Yes I know I said something about this before, but Tex Avery Gifs

SweetShark

Bethesda Rep: "Dragons"
Audience:
90Ew.gif

Bethesda Rep: "Mobile game"
Audience:
giphy.gif

Bethesda Rep: *Says something in Japanese that most of the audience probably doesn't understand*
Audience:
tenor.gif

Bethesda Rep: *Farts*
Audience:
b5d6741da89c3b206ac0ec94f3b19c9e.gif

Yes I know I said something about this before, but Tex Avery Gifs

Bethesda Rep: "Show DOOM Eternal"
Audience:
tenor.gif

Top Bottom