• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil - 20th Anniversary Edition Announced - More News Early 2024

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Updated 2:

Officially announced for 2024.

image.png

---------

*Update*
A supposedly early build of the game leaked to some users via Ubisoft+

Ubisoft are saying this is not the final one.

-----

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Thats a new lighting system isn't it? Doesn't look half bad for not being a total graphical remake. I think I remember this game being better than it actually is to play.

edit - Nah wait its mostly redone, looks nice imo.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Thats a new lighting system isn't it? Doesn't look half bad for not being a total graphical remake. I think I remember this game being better than it actually is to play.

edit - Nah wait its mostly redone, looks nice imo.

Yep, that definitely looks a step up than just resolution increase.

Kuranghi

Yep, that definitely looks a step up than just resolution increase.
Zooming in on the screenshots, it looks like they AI upscaled it and then had humans clean it up, the strangely wavey lines on the guy on the right's arms in your first screenshot makes me think this.

Maybe this is the Xbox's TGA annnouncement :pie_thinking:

edit - Of course, I forgot I read the rating article, doh. Time to go play a game I'm mind-flailing wildly on a yolk.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Zooming in on the screenshots, it looks like they AI upscaled it and then had humans clean it up, the strangely wavey lines on the guy on the right's arms in your first screenshot makes me think this.

Maybe this is the Xbox's TGA annnouncement :pie_thinking:

It's been rated for PS4, Switch and PC too. I doubt this is a notable 'big' announcement, probably a shadow drop announcement during the show.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Embark on this epic adventure in up to 4K, 60 fps with improved graphics, controls, and audio, along with brand-new autosave and cross-save features. Enjoy exclusive new rewards as you explore the planet and discover more about Jade’s past in a new treasure hunt throughout Hillys. Put your skills to the test thanks to the new speedrun mode and updated achievements, and learn more about the game’s development and secrets in the anniversary gallery!

Interesting

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Not the sequel, not interested.

That's getting released just after the 40th anniversary of BG&E1, bit of a wait yet.

The love for this game is kinda strange to me. I played it hearing it was like a Zelda clone, but it was more like a standard action-adventure game? Might give it another go with this edition, we'll see.

I think its quite overrated, but I had good fun with it, I'd agree its not really a zelda clone.

Last edited:

Power Pro

This game was...fine when I finally played it. It felt like it was pretty short, and pretty open for a sequel. When there isn't one, it just is a bummer because it feels unfinished.

JayK47

I do not get the cult following for this game and the want for a sequel. I played the original and it was ok. The sequel will never come out, but we will get another fancy CGI trailer no doubt.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wow I loved the original so much. Hope the remaster is good.
Her face looks a bit different?

Majormaxxx

No sequel for you.

You'll play remasters and love it.

Disclosure I loved the game. Played on pc. Then bought on 360/series x.

Warning there is an awkward control decision in the Final level of the game. Not ideal.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I mean this is a game from when Ubisoft was good and original.
But I never really got into it though as it felt like one of those THQ games rather then the likes of Prince of Persia & Splinter Cell.
Not sure I'd give it another try, we'll see

Hugare

1r8UzGu.jpg
kFkRhdl.jpg
VEuzOw0.jpg
00w6EJ3.png
XlhN1CU.png

IOpsf3g.jpg

Stay the fuck away from this version, lmao

It had the most impressive water that I've seen at the time. And now 20 years later they did this.

This is why you cant simply port a game to a new engine, turn on new graphical effects and call it a day. Some effects are made with workarounds that get lost in translation when you move to a newer engine. Same thing happened to the Arkham Trilogy when it was remastered. You have to put some minimum effort, and they clearly didnt.

I repeat: stay away from this release

thatJohann

Guys, I think the version that went live early is not the finished one. I'm pretty sure the water will be fixed on the day 1 patch. The water you're seeing now is a bug.
(I hope)

Top Bottom