• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good & Evil - 20th Anniversary Edition Announced - More News Early 2024

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh boy this .. remaster .. is .. something ..

Original:

GAGv2qcaUAAXAmC

"Remaster"

GAGv3Cwb0AAPeqn

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The Gollum devs are delighted that now there's finally competition for the worst game of 2023 award.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

1r8UzGu.jpg
kFkRhdl.jpg
VEuzOw0.jpg
00w6EJ3.png
XlhN1CU.png

IOpsf3g.jpg

Stay the fuck away from this version, lmao

It had the most impressive water that I've seen at the time. And now 20 years later they did this.

This is why you cant simply port a game to a new engine, turn on new graphical effects and call it a day. Some effects are made with workarounds that get lost in translation when you move to a newer engine. Same thing happened to the Arkham Trilogy when it was remastered. You have to put some minimum effort, and they clearly didnt.

I repeat: stay away from this release
What the druck!!

They gave it the GTA Trilogy treatment.

I guess I will play it in 720p on xbox...

Last edited:

SCB3

So is the sequel just straight up cancelled now?

I do not understand how this game got a cult following, I mean its a fine game, but nothing special

Skifi28

Finally! I've always wanted to play it, but the current version I own on steam is basically unplayable. Looking forward to finally enjoying it in a hassle-free way.

Muffdraul

My personal recollection: circa 2002, I loaned a co-worker my copy of Halo. He loaned me his copy of BG&E. I tried to play it, but the camera controls were bullshit, so I gave it back to him. Years later, it was re-released on PSN, maybe slightly remastered, and I checked it out... the controls hadn't changed, so nope.

If that bullet point about the improved controls means they finally made the camera compatible with people like me, maybe I can finally get into it and see if it's as good as they say.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
1r8UzGu.jpg
kFkRhdl.jpg
VEuzOw0.jpg
00w6EJ3.png
XlhN1CU.png

IOpsf3g.jpg

Stay the fuck away from this version, lmao

It had the most impressive water that I've seen at the time. And now 20 years later they did this.

This is why you cant simply port a game to a new engine, turn on new graphical effects and call it a day. Some effects are made with workarounds that get lost in translation when you move to a newer engine. Same thing happened to the Arkham Trilogy when it was remastered. You have to put some minimum effort, and they clearly didnt.

I repeat: stay away from this release
wtf is this?! what have they done to it.
Why is the water clean now?
Why is Jade retarded now.

I swear 98% of industry doesn't know how to make fucking games now

FeralEcho

its an early build, calm down
It's an excuse,they wouldn't have called it 20 anniversary if it wasn't releasing this year, They'd just call it a remastered version.They were meant to shadow drop this shit 100% but saw the reactions and delayed it to next year.

We're only getting "news" early next year yet they already had a fully playable version on u+? Yeah right...

EDIT: How tf do you even upload a game by "mistake". It's not like it's a damn youtube video,these people think we are mentally challenged to give us such excuses....

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bumping this thread.

The back compat X360 version of Beyond Good and Evil HD (720p/60 FPS) is on sale for a measly $2.99. Worth getting even if the remaster is coming in a few months, it's less than a donut.

Last edited:
Top Bottom