• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Paxton was the shit.

Skyr

FlippantDiligentConure-size_restricted.gif

Yes, Bill Paxton was great. He's enjoyable and occasionally even the best part of basically everything he's taken part in.

You should check out the movie Frailty (2001) if you haven't. He directed it and did a really good job, it's one of my all time favorite psychological horror thrillers.

It stars him and Matthew McConaghey and I highly recommend it. It's a shame because I would have loved to see him direct more psychological horror type movies, he has a natural talent for filming tension in dialogue. Sadly it just never happened.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
No need to elaborate. Twister was on TV and well. He was a magnificent SOB.
You know a class film was to be enjoyed when Bill was in the cast.
You beat me to it...I was contemplating a Bill Paxton tribute thread. He really was amazing. He was in the Roger Corman film school set decorating and I first saw him play a minor role in Butch, Baker, Nightmare Maker (Night Warning). He had an great career run though and was in a band (Martini Ranch).

Check this out:

This was one of his early leads in a movie.

No need to elaborate. Twister was on TV and well. He was a magnificent SOB.
You know a class film was to be enjoyed when Bill was in the cast.

epicnemesis

Are we being serious in this thread? I always found him to be a horrible actor and the weakest part of a whole bunch of amazing movies. I realized he was a bad actor in U571 and then when rewatching his movies it really stood out. Especially in Tombstone.

His filmography is impressive though, he must give great head.

SirTerry-T

Are we being serious in this thread? I always found him to be a horrible actor and the weakest part of a whole bunch of amazing movies. I realized he was a bad actor in U571 and then when rewatching his movies it really stood out. Especially in Tombstone.

His filmography is impressive though, he must give great head.

You should watch "A simple Plan", probably one of his best roles and a change from the the loud mouth type roles he was usually seen in.

Polelock

He was in a horror movie called "Near Dark", I really enjoyed him in that. He had a lot of great roles, "Brain Dead" was also great

One of the all time greats.

Also responsible for how down to earth, practical and timeless the Colonial Marines look in Aliens.

At first the props department were making typical 80’s sci fi soldier gear, all overly detailed and covered in pointless greebles and flashing lights like something out of Star Wars at best, Buck Rodgers at worst.

James Cameron got the props guys together, slapped it all on Bill Paxton, and asked him to try it out.

Bill then reportedly charged around and threw himself at everything in sight like he was auditioning for Jackass, slamming into walls, combat rolling between bits of equipment and generally acting like a total loon.

Once tired out, he came back to the group, every single prop and piece of costume broken and dangling off him pathetically.

From then on, if anyone made anything for the cast to wear or use, it had to pass the ‘will it survive Bill Paxton’ test, or it didn’t make it into the movie.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
People say he's the only one to have been killed by the Terminator, Alien and Predator, but I don't think he dies in this scene.
I think he does.
Anyway, he's not the only one. Lance Henriksen definitely does.

Cravis

He immediately elevated anything he was in. He is greatly missed but he will always live on through all the awesome characters he has given us.

MilkLizard

aJHqEce.gif

I completely missed that he passed away, what a bummer. I always liked him in movies and I'm glad he has so many fans here.

RIP

People say he's the only one to have been killed by the Terminator, Alien and Predator, but I don't think he dies in this scene.

let's just say he's the only person who had encountered all 3 of these iconic monsters of film then. not even Arnold himself has that claim so that's good by my book.

Top Bottom