• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard is reverting recent patch changes after massive backlash. Multiple changes coming next week.

Draugoth

Gold Member
D4_Refreshed-Lilith-Keyart_Logo_16x9-42c23363a9671239377f.jpg

Blizzard has addressed the backlash to Diablo 4’s controversial nerf patch, promising a new patch to revert many of the changes it made.

In a livestream, associate game director Joe Piepiora, game director Joe Shely, and community chief Adam Fletcher discussed the thinking behind the 1.1.0 patch that sparked uproar within the Diablo 4 community for drastically reducing player power.

“It’s not the greatest play experience for players out there,” Fletcher said. “We don’t plan on doing a patch like this ever again. We hear you loud and clear.”

“We know that reducing player power is never a good experience,” Joe Piepiora added. “Sometimes we just don’t get it quite right.”

Patch 1.1.1 is expected within the next two weeks, perhaps just a couple of days after another livestream set for Friday, July 28. This patch hones in on improving the power of the Sorcerer and Barbarian classes in particular after both suffered drastic nerfs. Specifically on the Sorcerer, players can expect a boost to survivability, Blizzard said.

The patch will also increase the density of monsters in Nightmare Dungeons and in Helltides, two key endgame activities. Addressing inventory concerns, 1.1.1 will add an additional stash tab in which players can store items. The elixir stash size will be brought up to 99. 1.1.1 also brings character respec costs down by about 40%, so players feel more inclined to try out new builds.

Fake

lmao. Who is the snowflake now?

Why people still getting shocked by this pratice is beyond absurd. Companies create their own problem and offer players a solution to the problem they created.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Saber

Gold Member
Well at least these clowns admitted their idiocy and revert back. I remember way long ago on LoL where they nerfed the fuck out of certain characters only to later ask "why nobody is playing these characters anymore?"
I mean whoever wants their character to be weaker is beyond me. But something tells me this is going back gradually, because they still imcopetent at balancing.

Last edited:
People will always complain about balance changes that reduce their power even if by doing so is in the best interest in the game. If it was heavyhanded nerf - fine, change it. But citing people being pissy is a horrible precedent to set going forward.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Seems to be a common theme in some live update games. R* is notorious for that in theirs, at least they were in RDO.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I think my biggest disappointment for the season is that I completed all of the story content by level 40. I think overall it was 2-2.5 hours of story content .

That’s super super weak .
Really? I'm many more hours in and I've got tons of story left. Did you skip all the side quest?

Edit: you said season. Not campaign. The campaign s huge if you do everything.

Last edited:
Too late. Why would I trust you tossers to do anything right. You haven't got a clue what the fuck you're doing and you won't until you get rid of the clowns making these decisions. You're beyond saving otherwise

Disgusting how you can just shit on years of good work like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

gothmog

Gold Member
PTR exists for a reason, why these cunts not using it?
This. If it's a good patch that looks bad the PTR will prove it. The season isn't bad with a new character but I would imagine for anyone who powerleveled multiple characters it feels bad. I'm having fun but I really don't understand why they chose to focus on balance instead of quality of life and quality of endgame issues before any of this shit.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They said they are not reverting the patch but making changes to it… they got caught going too far and they even brazenly admitted that the problem was that the game was fun maybe too fun and people were going through content too quickly and since they do not give a shit about pure fun but to keep you “engaged” for all the future seasons of content they plan to “provide” that is a problem.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Really? I'm many more hours in and I've got tons of story left. Did you skip all the side quest?

Beat the campaign long ago. Level 100 rogue , 95 Druid, everything else in the 50s.

The seasonal Coromond story is only about 2 hours at most.

I would’ve liked every week a new set of quests with story roll out that flesh it out , or even level gating some of it so you can work towards it. Being able to beat it all in one sitting is nice but then leaves you with the same grind as usual with just malignant loot.

Super underwhelming from a content perspective. Leagues in PoE pack more punch that lasts you a couple weeks.

Krieger

“It’s not the greatest play experience for players out there,” Fletcher said. “We don’t plan on doing a patch like this ever again. We hear you loud and clear.”

That's corporate talk for "We are 100% gonna do this again in the next patch, but this time we won't let you know that your damage gets cut by 50% or enemies get their health multiplied by 15."

Tomeru

Fuck around and find out, like fucking clockwork. When will these clowns ever learn?
I think its more likely they dont know what theyre doing/going to do with the game rather then fucking around. Itsnot the same people that made diablo what it was. Itsgoing to take time to make this game into someyhing special, like it did with diablo 3.

Also, why the fuck there is no diablo in a diablo game?

Its not the same blizzard.

"Why, is totally fine in my end in fact; the patch has brought even more fun".

This is why yo don't make damage control/defense force when everyone is pointing out the issues....you look silly.

clarky

Gold Member
Misleading title. They are not reverting the entire patch, they just have some buffs planned as well, coming in the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Freeman76

The season is really good, the guy you quoted doesnt get how it works and probably expected an expansion, obviously didnt play any previous titles in the series either as this has a lot more to it than many of the seasons previous.

Good to see they are listening, still cant understand their thinking in the first place though, you'd think after 20 odd years they would know why people love the series

Buggy Loop

Blizzard have lost the fucking plot

Who is even making these shitty management decisions over there?

Microsoft overpaid this acquisition

Akuji

The thing is, blizzard can do some things that are good. But in the long run every single thing they did, was very bad.

This aint gonna be diffrent.

Only talking about blizz after SC2.
Old Blizz was the best publisher ever.

it's just usual blizzard being completely tone teaf. They saw players were progressing too fast so they nerfed everything knowing their end game is boring and lacking content.

Do you really believe them when they say they won't do this again??? lol

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Had some fun, but this game doesn't have legs. It's the same thing over and over. It's a snooze-fest after 40 hours.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Crying gamers strike again.
I mean, when fans buy a full priced product I don't think it's wrong to want to make sure those fans are happy. If the majority of fans are unhappy, you should probably do something about it. Sounds like they are. That's a good thing.

This situation feels less like crying to me and just more like, "fans are unhappy with the current experience." Which, I feel is completely understandable. If you're unhappy with something you should speak up rather than just stick with it. Especially with a live game that shows you potential but is missing the mark.

Now are people always going to cry and never be happy? Oh for sure, but this situation is not that IMO.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The season is really good, the guy you quoted doesnt get how it works and probably expected an expansion, obviously didnt play any previous titles in the series either as this has a lot more to it than many of the seasons previous.

Good to see they are listening, still cant understand their thinking in the first place though, you'd think after 20 odd years they would know why people love the series
Good leaps you took chief.

Played every Diablo. Seasons. PoE. Etc.

The story portion with Cormond took 2-2.5 hours. The actual cut scenes with him ended for me around 40. Now I can just do my usual grind + malignant tunnels/enemies.

Yes I’m aware there is an “echo” version of the boss too. Yes I’m aware we have side quests to chase/objectives with an unlock for each tier along with the battle pass.

What I’m saying is the actual story content is very short. I was hoping for something like once a week the story continues with Cormond or at level 20,30,40, etc a new set of story quests would unlock to keep the player engaged in a cool short story spread across the 3 month season.

But please do go on and tell me how I have no experience with the franchise and genre.

Top Bottom