• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard is reverting recent patch changes after massive backlash. Multiple changes coming next week.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm on chapter 2 of Diablo II. By the time I get to part 4, I'm sure they'll have sorted out most of this. Same story with Diablo III. Everyone should have expected turmoil for a year at least.

MayauMiao

II think my biggest disappointment for the season is that I completed all of the story content by level 40. I think overall it was 2-2.5 hours of story content .

That’s super super weak .

yxvlaBu.png

I haven't made it past Act I and with this dumb shit I don't think I'm ever booting the game up again.
All that positive outlook.....gone.

Barakov

Gold Member
D4_Refreshed-Lilith-Keyart_Logo_16x9-42c23363a9671239377f.jpg

Blizzard has addressed the backlash to Diablo 4’s controversial nerf patch, promising a new patch to revert many of the changes it made.

In a livestream, associate game director Joe Piepiora, game director Joe Shely, and community chief Adam Fletcher discussed the thinking behind the 1.1.0 patch that sparked uproar within the Diablo 4 community for drastically reducing player power.

Patch 1.1.1 is expected within the next two weeks, perhaps just a couple of days after another livestream set for Friday, July 28. This patch hones in on improving the power of the Sorcerer and Barbarian classes in particular after both suffered drastic nerfs. Specifically on the Sorcerer, players can expect a boost to survivability, Blizzard said.

The patch will also increase the density of monsters in Nightmare Dungeons and in Helltides, two key endgame activities. Addressing inventory concerns, 1.1.1 will add an additional stash tab in which players can store items. The elixir stash size will be brought up to 99. 1.1.1 also brings character respec costs down by about 40%, so players feel more inclined to try out new builds.
Hate to be a broken record buuuuuuuuutttttt.......bitching works.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
We know that reducing player power is never a good experience, so we did exactly that.

Shubh_C63

People NEVER like nerfs even though it could be best for the game.

You make enemies stronger, never make players ability across the board weaker. How is this day one for blizzard team ?
I hated Diablo 3 approach and now D4 approach to fill the area with 100 enemies and expect to hold a combo/synergy while you can't see shit on the screen. Atleast zoom out a bit.

edit - Suddenly I don't feel so bad about 343 terrible UI.
ve0r57iwwidb1.jpg

Last edited:

Freeman76

People are such fucking dicks. They are listening and making changes. Others are expecting a whole campaign every 3 months lmao

Yeah this season seems pretty dope to me, plenty to chase and the heart system is well done. So far a lot better than the first season of D3 for sure. Once they sort these nerfs out the game is in a good spot only a couple of months in.

People NEVER like nerfs even though it could be best for the game.

You make enemies stronger, never make players ability across the board weaker. How is this day one for blizzard team ?
I hated Diablo 3 approach and now D4 approach to fill the area with 100 enemies and expect to hold a combo/synergy while you can't see shit on the screen. Atleast zoom out a bit.

edit - Suddenly I don't feel so bad about 343 terrible UI.
ve0r57iwwidb1.jpg
That’s seems like a terrible design decision, I must be missing something because on the surface it makes no sense.

Fools idol

Banned
The guys working on Path of Exile 2 must be laughing their asses off at this whole situation. They oughta be taking notes, because they have a real opportunity to deliver a truly good hardcore late game experience for disgruntled D4 players - and I hope they capitalise fully

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The guys working on Path of Exile 2 must be laughing their asses off at this whole situation. They oughta be taking notes, because they have a real opportunity to deliver a truly good hardcore late game experience for disgruntled D4 players - and I hope they capitalise fully
GGG can deliver the greatest ARPG to date but unfortunately it still won’t have the sales or players as a Diablo title. It’s a legacy name with massive marketing.

They don’t have cross play for current PoE and IMO the controller controls are ass. This will drive out the majority of people who may show interest after exile con this next weekend.

For me idgaf since I’m on PC and always knew D4 was just a waiting room for PoE2 lol.

Booted up D3 on the Switch.

Infinitely more enjoyable than this nonsense. Blizzard have absolutely shat the bed on this one. They’ve managed to make Diablo boring and unenjoyable.
So, basically the same comment people had for D3 compared to D2. The more things change...

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So like many I logged into season 1 to give the new story content a go, then I hit the arbitrary "complete chapter 1 and 2 challanges to proceed" and just... lost interest.

God I just hate battlepass shit, well i have learned my lesson. I seem to be this weird oddball that when i see a battle pass I don't think "oh boy I need to play more" I think "I don't want to play this game ever again".

So mass nerfs and kneejerk reaction aside I think I'm just done with Diablo IV, the story was interesting (what little of it their was) but I think having a battle pass and then making me jump through hoops in how I play the game in regards to the battle pass and hardlocking story content behind it just is not fun...

Honestly was Diablo IV even that much fun to begin with? Looking past its presentation within the genre it's just overwatch 2 in form. Unable to balance the items? Just turn them off! players running out of content? Lower exp gain and lower mob density! Blizzard just take the laziest most player unfriendly aproach to every problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom