• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team responds to lack of Silent Hill 2 Remake update: "Konami is the publisher of the game and communication is definitely part of their job"

It has been 13 months since the announcement of Silent Hill 2, and despite all this time, the title still lacks a release date or even a launch window. Fans are starting to grow impatient as updates on the project have been virtually nonexistent. What happened to the remake? Why so much silence surrounding it? Bloober Team responded.
The comment that drew the most attention is the one Bloober Team made when a fan expressed how difficult it is to go a year without any updates on the game. In response, the Polish studio made it clear that they handle the development, while distribution, communication, and marketing are Konami's responsibility.

"Konami is the game's distributor, and communication is definitely part of their job," succinctly stated the Polish studio, suggesting that if there were any news ready to be revealed, it would be Konami sharing it.

What do you think of Bloober Team's response? When do you think the Silent Hill 2 remake will be ready?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Shots Fired GIF by NBC

Bojji

I met blooper employee few months ago, we talked for a few minutes but of course he didn't tell me any important details (like Ubisoft employees on planes lol).

As for the game, it's better for it to spend more time in development than to release rushed and incomplete.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
They just released the MGS collection and that other Silent Hill thing, Konami (and Sony, who no doubt will have a big hand in promoting) will want to space announcements out for maximum impact/visibility. I suspect they'd be wary of putting it up against Alan Wake 2 for instance.

I can't help but feel for Bloober Team. They likely know they don't have the best reputation online and are surrounded by people ready to tear them apart for any slight to Silent Hill 2.

Konami put out two stinkers in a row with the Metal Gear Solid collection and Silent Hill Ascension, and people are just waiting to rip apart their remake of Silent Hill 2. Just look at what happened with that internet game of telephone that ended up making people believe that it would include Pyramid Head's origin story.

Sorcerer

It sounds like there is some anger behind that statement.
It must be a dream to work work on something as iconic as Silent Hill 2, but probably working with modern day Konami drags the experience into the toilet, no matter how good Bloober's intentions were when taking on the game.
I have little hope for this as Bloober being Bloober the knives are already being sharpened before the game releases.

ungalo

It sounds like there is some anger behind that statement.
It must be a dream to work work on something as iconic as Silent Hill 2, but probably working with modern day Konami drags the experience into the toilet, no matter how good Bloober's intentions were when taking on the game.
I have little hope for this as Bloober being Bloober the knives are already being sharpened before the game releases.
I don't think there is a reason to think it went bad during development between Bloober and Konami.

The game is developed by Bloober because of modern day Konami in the first place. And Bloober should really be grateful for the opportunity they got i think.

Sounds more like the kind of blunt and involuntarily impolite statement "western" devs can give when pressured on twitter, they should just learn to shut up honestly.

Kaleinc

Banned
when a fan expressed how difficult it is to go a year without any updates on the game
The best response would be: get fucked, entitled impatient prick. Like you don't know remake done by our team will suck

I cant wait to see what the mgs4 port is in master collection vol. 2. probably some back asswards buggy ass emulated version of the rumored xbox 360 beta

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This Is gonna be shit, isn't it ?
Fucking Konami man, sitting on a gold mine of IPs and...giving/outsourcing them to sub-par devs, fucking hell...Bloober team of all people, fuck...

PS : Only Castlevania Lords of shadow can be considered good from all the outsourced games, then again, Kojima was involved with that one so...

OuterLimits

They just released the MGS collection and that other Silent Hill thing, Konami (and Sony, who no doubt will have a big hand in promoting) will want to space announcements out for maximum impact/visibility. I suspect they'd be wary of putting it up against Alan Wake 2 for instance.

Good points.
I can't help but feel for Bloober Team. They likely know they don't have the best reputation online and are surrounded by people ready to tear them apart for any slight to Silent Hill 2.

Konami put out two stinkers in a row with the Metal Gear Solid collection and Silent Hill Ascension, and people are just waiting to rip apart their remake of Silent Hill 2. Just look at what happened with that internet game of telephone that ended up making people believe that it would include Pyramid Head's origin story.

Damn, the Suikoden remaster is likely going to be terrible also.

ZoukGalaxy

Not sure if Konami is going to appreciate the way this guy reminds them they have a job to do, that's a bit harsh for a tweet to your "employer" 😹

Linda Karen GIF

Last edited:

havoc00

Are Konami totally clueless and incompetent? Or do they really not give one fuck, I really don't know whats going on over there.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The remake that apparently nobody wants but are also dying to get more info about. Curious.
Actually lot of people want remake of Silent Hill 2, it just most of us highly skeptical of devs who are in charge of this remake and track record of how Konami treats SH series.

Last edited:

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
The remake that apparently nobody wants but are also dying to get more info about. Curious.
…because we want it to be good, expect it to be awful, and just want certainty either way. It’s like hearing that your parent/spouse/child has been in a fiery wreck that no-one could survive, but you still can’t start to grieve until they identify the charred remains.

Come on, we all know this'll be a shitshow. I feel like even if Blooper miraculously cobbles a decent game together, Konami will find a way to underfund it, rush it out, push some dumb shit into or something.

You guys did see what their first SH Revival release was like just now. You saw the MGS Collection. Even if there are people who care working there somehow, they're not the ones in charge. I'm convinced an actual CEO's suit itself has become sentient and makes the decisions based on the assumption that SH is somehow the Friday The 13th of Horror games.

Deerock71

Sounds to me like Bloober's trying to deflect. I'm going to wait for reviews before I purchase.

Last edited:

Fabieter

A small German retailer has the game listed for the March 29th. Maybe we are looking at a release date here.

Top Bottom