• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Fans Aren't Happy With Bloober's New Remake Trailer

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I dunno what the fuss was all about, looked mostly like I expected. However, I found the music to be somewhat off. Do we know if they are entirely remaking the ost too? I remember this game had a lot of trouble on the rereleases due to license issues. Do we know where they are standing on this?

Pelao

The guns sounded like BB guns, lacked impact and the animations were bad.
Why make a trailer focused on combat if your combat is bad?

Also, I know that combat is not the point of Silent Hill, I've played a bunch of the games, but they decided to present it this way.

Last edited:
The guns sounded like BB guns, lacked impact and the animations were bad.
Why make a trailer focused on combat if your combat is bad?

Also, I know that combat is not the point of Silent Hill, I've played a bunch of the games, but they decided to present it this way.

It reeked of a studio that is way out of their depth. It looked like a 20 person indie studio version of resident evil. Bloober are not capable of high production values and its not really their fault. Its Konami's fault for choosing them.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

the weak sound of the weapons is due of the mix of who edited the trailer, to make the music louder, the actual weapons sounds are very strong according to the music composer who explained this! It's not blooper fault in this case, but mostly konami marketing !

Fake

It reeked of a studio that is way out of their depth. It looked like a 20 person indie studio version of resident evil. Bloober are not capable of high production values and its not really their fault. Its Konami's fault for choosing them.

I got your point, but the blame can be from both.
Nobody forced them to accept this task. Maybe putting principle in the top of pyramid instead of money would be a better ideia.

'You know what, lets accept this money and see how this ends'.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I saw nothing wrong with it. Silent hill 2 had combat. Modern audiences love combat, according to must major publishers so it needs to have a broad appeal.

But given people thought this title was cancelled I think this trailer was thrown together in a rush just to show it's still in development.

The announcement trailer showed stuff very close to the end so it's probably being polished and refined a lot but it looks great.

MiguelItUp

I'm a huge fan of the franchise and I saw nothing wrong with it. Silent hill 2 had combat. Modern audiences love combat, according to must major publishers so it needs to have a broad appeal.

But given people thought this title was cancelled I think this trailer was thrown together in a rush just to show it's still in development.

The announcement trailer showed stuff very close to the end so it's probably being polished and refined a lot but it looks great.
I think that's the concern a lot of folks have. That the game was said to be done and being polished for a bit now, yet the footage looked pretty rough in some areas. The no release date thing too. But honestly the whole Konami + Bloober relationship has felt pretty bizarre via Twitter for awhile now.

Erebus

I dunno what the fuss was all about, looked mostly like I expected. However, I found the music to be somewhat off. Do we know if they are entirely remaking the ost too? I remember this game had a lot of trouble on the rereleases due to license issues. Do we know where they are standing on this?
I think the licensing issues had to do with the voice actors mostly in the HD remaster.

Muffdraul

I would honestly love a proper and faithful current gen port of the original PS2 SH2 than any remake, by Blooper or anyone else. But I know that will never happen. If the rumors are true about the new SH ports, they're going to be the shitty versions from the PS3 collection without the original VA.

Silent hill has combat since the first Game, what's wrong with them putting a trailer for that?
There is nothing wrong with putting combat in a trailer. I don't think anyone is arguing that SH didn't have combat. But this is their first full trailer showing off their remake to a classic game that is beloved by many. Konami and Blooper know the stakes, up until recently there hasn't been a new SH game for what? A decade? So to put together your first trailer that is heavily combat orient when that's not what these games are about is just braindead.

Last edited:

Arachnid

This is no no.

bq9BkF9.gif
IDK if this is a non-issue, but does the nurse vaulting over the obstacle bother anyone else? I feel like she should just kind of spaz over it, or have some unnatural animation over it. It'd be like if the zombies in RE2 or the regeneradors in RE4 vaulted over obstacles instead of doing their crawl. It just looks weird.

fart town usa

Gold Member
IDK if this is a non-issue, but does the nurse vaulting over the obstacle bother anyone else? I feel like she should just kind of spaz over it, or have some unnatural animation over it. It'd be like if the zombies in RE2 or the regeneradors in RE4 vaulted over obstacles instead of doing their crawl. It just looks weird.
I have no skin in this remake but I think it's stemmed in how high people regard the OG.

Do you want the nurse to just be blocked by it and walk forward in a goofy manner while going nowhere? I don't mean that with snark in mind.

I think people are just way too hyped on this game and need to simmer down and experience the game when it releases. Avoiding reviews is best because it's going to taint everyone's initial experience.

I respect Bloober but also don't really care for their games too much. However, they are capable of creating good atmosphere and their games aren't broken messes by any means. Best to just go in green and with an open mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom