• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm having issues defeating
Dark beast Paarl
. Any recommendations? First boss in the game that's really giving me a headache.

I beat him on my first try. I might be giving you totally asinine advice, but what i did was dash straight forward through his swipes to get underneath him and attack his hind legs. When the opportunity presented itself I landed a few charged R2's. He went down without much of a fuss.

AngryMoth

Nah I'm pretty sure it's the
executioners
who have interactions with them. But good idea about Frontie, thanks.
You're right about the
executioners
but I've heard
Hunters
do too, although I can't confirm. Basically
Vilebloods
hate everyone

Soulflarz

Banned
Anyone understand the armour stats? I just got some new Church garbs, and whilst they have better stats like Blunt, Thrust, Blood and Arkane, they still have lower physical defence. But when you toggle the other stat page, it doesn't seem to make any difference to the physical defence on the right. What's more important, overall physical defence, or the tertiary stats like blunt, thrust etc?

I understand everything BUT the difference between overall physical defense vs blunt/thrust resistance

taybul

Dark beast Paarl
. Any recommendations? First boss in the game that's really giving me a headache.

You might be coming at him too soft. If you manage a few hits to his head it knocks off his electricity and I think it even opens him up for a visceral. Then he'll try to reactivate it, leaving him open even longer. Doesn't hurt to put on some bolt DEF either.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Love my pimp cane. Nimble and quick the whip strikes with deadly accuracy!

See I love my cane too, but the problem is either you have fast attacks but no range or range and slower attacks. Both are fucking me over in this fight versus
BSB
as I want to stay close enough to attack him and dodge, but past his 1st phase, poison fucks me up. So I switch to whip, but it does not damage and the animations are too slow to weave in and out.

I beat him on my first try. I might be giving you totally asinine advice, but what i did was dash straight forward through his swipes to get underneath him and attack his hind legs. When the opportunity presented itself I landed a few charged R2's. He went down without much of a fuss.

You might be coming at him too soft. If you manage a few hits to his head it knocks off his electricity and I think it even opens him up for a visceral. Then he'll try to reactivate it, leaving him open even longer. Doesn't hurt to put on some bolt DEF either.

Thanks to both. Will follow your tips and see how it goles! :D

Ferrio

Banned
Weapon question about the L
ogarius'
W
heel
Can it be enchanted, or fire/bolt paper used on it?

Fhtagn

After you pull that lever,
the big brain drops down there. Go down there, go in front of the brain and do the "make Contact" gesture for about 30 seconds and you get the highest tier Moon rune (gives you +30% more blood echoes from killed enemies I think). Then you can kill the brain if you so choose and get a ritual item.

What? Where is that?

Is it possible to miss this? I found the area a few hours later
after pulling the chain
and as far as I could tell there was nothing there.

I'm trying to get enough Ritual Blood 3s to get into
Lower Pthumeru
dungeon. Is the best way to do that just to enter the previous dungeon and farm enemies? Or do I need to remove the chalice first to reset eveything? I've got 7/9

What's the point of the
Watcher
outside of Chapel Ward? When you have the
Tonsil Stone he'll pick you up and teleport you back to the same courtyard
. Do you need to go to the
Lecture Hall
before it actually does something?

Is it possible to miss this? I found the area a few hours later
after pulling the chain
and as far as I could tell there was nothing there.

Just keep walking. You can't really see it when you get off the elevator, but if you just run forward from the door opening of the elevator, you'll run into it.

What's the point of the
Watcher
outside of Chapel Ward? When you have the
Tonsil Stone he'll pick you up and teleport you back to the same courtyard
. Do you need to go to the
Lecture Hall
before it actually does something?

There's also another one in the
Hidden Village
, but it does nothing. I think the big one is the only one that brings you anywhere.

This has probably been asked before, but has there been any relative consensus on what a good PvP level cap is? Dark Souls had it at 120 I believe, which seems like it'd be a bit high for Bloodborne but I may be wrong.

Spoo

Well, just after I was complaining about the Blood Gem Master achievement, 2 dropped and I got it :D That leaves just
one ending, and the chalice dungeon achievement
for a platinum trophy :D Making my way through Defiled right now -- it's a bitch with a lot of one-hit enemies and shit, but the first boss wasn't too bad. Here's hoping it's not so hard I give up lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
what even the fuck is
nightmare menphis
I assume youre not actually supposed to fight anything and just run past

Igo

Dark beast Paarl
Dodge forward through his swipes and attack his head and front legs. You'll bring him down after a few repeat attacks and then go for a Visceral Attack.

Anyone know how to open the closed door next to treasure box in Cathedral Ward? Going back through the game trying to open all the doors I couldn't before and this one has me stumped.

So what would everyone say is the best go-to weapon in the game because I've been walking around with the Cleaver and Kirkhammer for the most part (still early into the game).
Axe is the most broken. A lot of people seem to enjoy the sword as well. I used the sword thrust attack on giant snake balls

Respect

Dark beast Paarl

The "keep your distance and look for openings to attack" strat is what I tried when I first got to him...did not work at all, his attacks are too quick and relentless, I couldn't make it work as I could never find an opening that wouldn't get me punished. Staying tight to him worked worlds better.

takriel

So I just love doing new runs where I go to the forest first and collect all the items I can get, which usually leaves me with a ton of souls and 16 twin blood shards, and then I just progress normally and upgrade my hunter's axe to +6 as early as possible and start to wreck every boss.

So much fun.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I lost around 15 total. I was playing really sloppy and got chain grabbed throughout in those narrow ass hallways, lol.

I got hit with with the
detainment blasts
. So mad..Its ok i guess..I have a ton of insight from being invaded but I still dislike losing it like that.

kris.

Banned
Sooooo any tips on beating the
Blood-Starved Beast
?

Got me 3 times last night and I don't think I was even able to halve its HP.

Aces&Eights

Fuck. Just got one shotted by some flame thrower wielding dude….wtf.

cathedral ward?
just wait by carriage and he walks around and turns. You can sneak him easily. But yeah, fuck that guy lol.

Blood-Starved Beast
?

Use those cocktails that lure beass away. And pillars are your friend.

I can't wait to get home tonight and get past the
Forbidden Forrest
. I really, really fucking hate that place. I have an idea of how to get through it after someone helped me earlier in the thread, but it's just so awful. I get turned around and lost over and over. Enemies aren't too bad, except
the GIANT snakes
but the little guys die pretty quick. I just want to get back to the more urban looking areas. Not a fan of
dark spooky forrests

Zia

So, I can't find Eileen.
She's not in the Cathedral Ward. Also, the Hunter at the Tomb of Odeon is now missing. Do I have to do something to trigger her and the Hunters' appearance?

Fhtagn

Just keep walking. You can't really see it when you get off the elevator, but if you just run forward from the door opening of the elevator, you'll run into it.

Hmmm.
i ran so far from the elevator that I hit what seemed to be a wall, where the color changed slightly, and the elevator seemed to no longer be getting smaller. Then I ran around until I was an equal distance the other way from the elevator It's either not in there or I just covered 75% of the available area and missed the correct quadrant. I'll head back down tonight....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I lost 13 in that one area. fuck those guys. but there's plenty of Madmen items you'll find so it's not bad.

Yeah, I think I had around 80 by that point so it didn't matter, but getting into that long animation is really demoralizing.

Ramirez

Eb picking up where she left off last night fucking me hard.

I need some bolt paper...or something, lol. I find it near impossible to dodge the charges...I obviously dodge the initial rush, but some random tentacle will knock me down taking 1/2 of my health, kinda lame.

Blood-Starved Beast
?

The fight becomes a lot more manageable if you summon Alfred, who's available near the ramp that leads down into the chapel area just before the boss. You'll see a glowing messenger thing, ring the bell and out he comes. He's a great tank for this fight.

Otherwise, you can parry the boss kind of easily once you learn his patterns.

nib95

Banned
cathedral ward?
just wait by carriage and he walks around and turns. You can sneak him easily. But yeah, fuck that guy lol.

Shit. I was too hasty in trying to get to him and got two hitter by the Sythe dude. Went ages without dying and now two deaths in a row lol. So long blood echoes :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I need some bolt paper...or something, lol. I find it near impossible to dodge the charges...I obviously dodge the initial rush, but some random tentacle will knock me down taking 1/2 of my health, kinda lame.

Are you locked on? I found it to hurt way more than it helped as it made the charge basically impossible to get out of. Unlocked on I would just do a quick sprint jump to avoid it.

Hmmm.
i ran so far from the elevator that I hit what seemed to be a wall, where the color changed slightly, and the elevator seemed to no longer be getting smaller. Then I ran around until I was an equal distance the other way from the elevator It's either not in there or I just covered 75% of the available area and missed the correct quadrant. I'll head back down tonight....

Wow that's kind of strange. I've admittedly never left the area without dealing with it, so I'm not sure if it can be lost.

Be sure to do the "Make Contact" gesture for 30-40 seconds in front of it before killing it.

le.phat

I'm starting to get discouraged by this game. Daughter of Cosmos takes forever to kill and only need to hit me once to kill me. Cainhurst boss is the same. Can't even beat the bosses in Chalice Dungeon now.

Using cane and mercy blades
I posted a cane strategy for Logerius a couple of pages back. Try it.

Ferrio

Banned

Finally figured out the trick to that. Dodge back-left twice. Once for the initial charge, then right after for the tentacles. Finished her off last night, 50% of the damage I did was from my gun I'm pretty sure. Both when she does the arcane attack and flying I unlock my targetting and just run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom