• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlbeak

I'm assuming all the people saying the wi
tch of hemwick
was the easiest boss never fought the optional
Celestial Emissary
. That thing was so easy I didn't even realize it was a boss until it was dead ~30 seconds after the "fight" started.

Soulflarz

Banned
tch of hemwick
Celestial Emissary
. That thing was so easy I didn't even realize it was a boss until it was dead ~30 seconds after the fight started.

But if you somehow die to the adds :p

Witch you can literally walk circles around them, ignoring them completely.

KZObsessed

What the hell? I can't start the game anymore. I got a message while playing saying the game would be suspended in 15 minutes because my license couldn't be verified. I restarted the game and then couldn't go online. Restarted the PS4 and now I straight up can't start the game. I'm getting an error message saying it couldn't verify my license because it can't connect to a server.

Anyone know what this is?

PSN is down so can't play in online mode. Can you not switch to offline?

tch of hemwick
Celestial Emissary
. That thing was so easy I didn't even realize it was a boss until it was dead ~30 seconds after the "fight" started.

Yeah it was super easy lol took me a little bit of time to actually "find" the boss though haha

Sande

What about the enemies there did you find displeasing?
Yahar'gul - Chime maiden are a pain the ass. I don't think respawning enemies are good design or fun to play against in any capacity. The corpse piles are fine until they start their projectile vomiting from across town. Those 3 guys with five mile health bars each can go fuck themselves.

The uni or college or whatever - The mobs there are really easy and tedious to fight.

Cainhurst Castle - The ghost ladies are some of the most baffling enemies in souls history. They pretty much can't hit you, you instantly stagger them for the rest of eternity and they have so much health that you can't kill them with a single stamina bar if you go there too early. What does all of this lead to? Tedium. And someone at From decided to spam them every few feet in the castle.

Upper Cathedral Ward - The brain suckers are otherwise a decent foe but being stunned up to about 10 seconds (or the rest of your life) doesn't exactly scream great gameplay. Overall I don't understand why From made the grab attacks last ages in this game. The brain suckers are also really tanky for no reason. Everything about their design screams glass cannon.

Nightmares - These are kind of a blur to me because I ran through them pretty fast. This is kind of a personal preference thing but I've always preferred more regular enemy types over the over-sized mutant bugs and alien monstrosities. I think the cosmos aspect of the story is very fascinating but I just don't like fighting those kinds of creatures.

Mendax

Can someone give me advice on R
om
?

let the
little spiders come to you, run around them to the boss, hit the boss until he teleports, repeat process. When he starts to do some funky moves back away and when it starts to rain meteors do some heavy rolling/sidestepping..

Also dont stand still when hitting the boss. Combo -> sidestep -> combo prevents you from getting hit from above among other things :p

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
om
?

Kill the little spiders, one by one.

Takes long but ends up much safer. Rom has predictable and avoidable attacks, and if it's just you and him you'll easily kill him if you're patient enough to not get hit by his AoEs.

So take your shots when you can at the adds. Kill them one hit at a time, i took each in 2-3 hits from the back or side and I was pretty underlevelled at that point, only 31 i believe.

Once they're done, focus on him until the next phase, then repeat. Make sure you keep beating on him when he's glowing white getting ready to teleport to the next phase. Make sure you don't attack him or lesser spiders on their stony head.

om
?

Always be on the move. Kill the spiders by circling around them and hitting them from the back. You should be able to take out a full wave of spiders in about 30 seconds if you're fast and on your toes. then just wail on the boss.

Gigglepoo

Bloodborne doesn't recognize PS+ on my account all of a sudden. It doesn't expire until next year and I can still play Plus games. Anyone else experience this?

I'm inclined to think pillars and columns are one of the best tools in the hunter's arsenal. Hide behind one when under attack by a ranged enemy and odds are you'll lose aggro, and depending on the enemy's resting position you'll be able to walk by his side and set him up for a visceral attack. Worked wonderfully with the fat bald gun enemies on the C
entral
P
thumeru
dungeon, and it even worked on the first layer boss:
after throwing fire at a pillar for a minute, he went to the center of the room and turned his back on me :D

Also, O
ne
R
eborn
down. Not very difficult once you get a good rythm going evading its attacks. Time for either C
ainhurst
, L
ecture
B
uilding
or go kill E
brietas.

Is the PSN friend list not working for someone else too?

I'm getting a CE-34861-2 error while accessing my friend list

I was getting CE-33987-0 this morning, it worked fine after an hour or so.

Meckaj

Neo Member
Anyone else find it weird that you can't do the charge attack while using the Blades of Mercy in dual-wield mode? The one handed mode is much worse in pretty much every way except for that. I'd think the parry would be enough of a reason to use the 1h mode.

PSN is down so can't play in online mode. Can you not switch to offline?

At first I could but now there's a lock on the game icon and I can't even start the game anymore. Tried restoring licenses and it didn't do anything apparently.

Edit: Okay, I can at least access the game again now all of a sudden. Guess it's really just sony's network shitting the bed again. This shit is scary though.

Bloodborne doesn't recognize PS+ on my account all of a sudden. It doesn't expire until next year and I can still play Plus games. Anyone else experience this?

Same for me. At least good to know I'm not alone with this. >.>

Zafir

I think PSN is down or having some problems. I couldn't access my trophies. It's not kicked me from online in the game though.

Fhtagn

End game optional possibly huge spoiler question (I was personally blown away by this.)

i found a huge empty area inside the Nightmare of Mensis that is totally black. It's effectively the Abyss from Dark Souls. I did not find anything in there. I tried doing the Make Contact gesture just in case; nothing happened.

I have already found the secret path with the singing brain-ladies and pulled the lever (that I thought would raise a bridge) that dropped a brain-thing (nice Tower of Latria homage!)

What can I do in that dark area? Or have I already missed that if Ive done the above and have slain the nightmare.

So just minding my own business strolling down some stairs and I see a hunter. Ok. We are doing our dance and suddenly I get shot... So there are two of them. Panicked and ran but both of those dudes chased me down and had their way with me. Why would From do this? WHY?

owlbeak

End game optional possibly huge spoiler question (I was personally blown away by this.)

i found a huge empty area inside the Nightmare of Mensis that is totally black. It's effectively the Abyss from Dark Souls. I did not find anything in there. I tried doing the Make Contact gesture just in case; nothing happened.

I have already found the secret path with the singing brain-ladies and pulled the lever (that I thought would raise a bridge) that dropped a brain-thing (nice Tower of Latria homage!)

What can I do in that dark area? Or have I already missed that if Ive done the above and have slain the nightmare.
After you pull that lever,
the big brain drops down there. Go down there, go in front of the brain and do the "make Contact" gesture for about 30 seconds and you get the highest tier Moon rune (gives you +30% more blood echoes from killed enemies I think). Then you can kill the brain if you so choose and get a ritual item.

Maybe it's all locked away in that damn secret door next to that chest no one has opened yet. lol

What? Where is that?

Peterthumpa

Just started playing it yesterday. It's my first Souls game. Overall I'm quite enjoying it, but I'm dying a lot.

One question: how the hell am I supposed to find more blood shards? I need then to fortify my weapons but it's almost impossible to find the damn thing.

Also, is the only way to get back to your "heaven", to go back to the beggining to the level? I mean, I'm far away from it and I couldn't find another "checkpoint".

Any advice for a second weapon to upgrade? What's a fast/light weapon? Currently I have the hunters axe at +5. I'm thinking about the cane.

Edit:
Currently have: Saw Cleaver, Saw Spear, Hunters Axe, Threaded Cane,
Ludwig's Holy Blade
, Rifle Spear
holy blade, 1 handed mode gives you speed, and the R2 attack in 2 handed is every once in a while better than the Axe charge

Ferrio

Banned
Just started playing it yesterday. It's my first Souls game. Overall I'm quite enjoying it, but I'm dying a lot.

One question: how the hell am I supposed to find more blood shards? I need then to fortify my weapons but it's almost impossible to find the damn thing.

Also, is the only way to get back to your "heaven", to go back to the beggining to the level? I mean, I'm far away from it and I couldn't find another "checkpoint".

You'll just find them, eventually you'll be swimming in them.

The B
rain is inside that area,you probably didn't search it enough

molnizzle

I'm starting to feel like this game becomes a bit unfair after
you kill Rom
. Those
bell-ringers
are just ridiculous, some of them are apparently invisible or something because no matter where I sprint around to I can't find them. Progressing is basically impossible with
the endless respawning adds. Especially the fatties.

What am I missing here?

Man
BSB
is hard to beat with a threaded cane. Should I be using the whip portion or cane?

Cane for most bosses and large enemies. Thrust attack with R2.

Foggy

Ok so I normally enjoy just combing over every level and killing every single enemy, but I'll be damned if Forbidden Woods didn't send me into a meltdown. That place was not designed to be meticulously combed through.

Mindman

So... it's not really possible to play with a friend, is it? :(

Tried twice now. Never connected either time using a password for both of us. Such a drag. :(

nib95

Banned
Anyone understand the armour stats? I just got some new Church garbs, and whilst they have better stats like Blunt, Thrust, Blood and Arkane, they still have lower physical defence. But when you toggle the other stat page, it doesn't seem to make any difference to the physical defence on the right. What's more important, overall physical defence, or the tertiary stats like blunt, thrust etc?

GulAtiCa

So... it's not really possible to play with a friend, is it? :(

Tried twice now. Never connected either time using a password for both of us. Such a drag. :(

What level were you both? And you were near each other in same location right? Also, make sure you didn't move into a non-summon area (you can tell by the "x" on the "summoning" sign next to your health icon stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom