• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT3| I Cane, I Saw, I Conqu- YOU DIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yesterday I beat
Blood Starved Beast
after my third try. From what (little) I've read, I gathered he's been giving people trouble, so I'm happy he didn't take me too many tries. Fire resin was a big help.

I have no idea where to go next though, any hints? The only option I can think of is buying a key in they shop that lets me advance in the cathedral yard.

I've tried to co-op some bosses, but it never worked. I used the bell, waited around for a while, but I never hit a partner. All the insight I've used so far, has been wasted. Could this be a problem on my end or is this a known issue?

Overall, the saw cleaver is still my favorite weapon. Fast and deals a good amount of damage. The kirkhammer is fun to mix things up. I'll take any other weapon recommendation though, I have plenty of blood shards.

Anyone understand the armour stats? I just got some new Church garbs, and whilst they have better stats like Blunt, Thrust, Blood and Arkane, they still have lower physical defence. But when you toggle the other stat page, it doesn't seem to make any difference to the physical defence on the right. What's more important, overall physical defence, or the tertiary stats like blunt, thrust etc?

Depends on the situation. Church garbs usually have the best poison defense so if you're in an area with enemies that can poison you you'll want to wear them

AngryMoth

Pvp isn't working for me today for whatever reason, so decided to start my pure strength build. Introducing, Victor Von Smash:
wC1XVHG.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Yesterday I beat
Blood Starved Beast
after my third try. From what (little) I've read, I gathered he's been giving people trouble, so I'm happy he didn't take me too many tries. Fire resin was a big help.

I have no idea where to go next though, any hints? The only option I can think of is buying a key in they shop that lets me advance in the cathedral yard.

I've tried to co-op some bosses, but it never worked. I used the bell, waited around for a while, but I never hit a partner. All the insight I've used so far, has been wasted. Could this be a problem on my end or is this a known issue?

The online stinks. Also make sure your game wasn't suspended from ps4 rest mode, causes issues people say.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Pvp isn't working for me today for whatever reason, so decided to start my pure strength build. Introducing, Victor Von Smash:

wow

Hugstable

Banned
I'm starting to feel like this game becomes a bit unfair after
you kill Rom
. Those
bell-ringers
are just ridiculous, some of them are apparently invisible or something because no matter where I sprint around to I can't find them. Progressing is basically impossible with
the endless respawning adds. Especially the fatties.

What am I missing here?

Cane for most bosses and large enemies. Thrust attack with R2.

Just run through it, that zone sucks shit

I'm starting to get discouraged by this game. Daughter of Cosmos takes forever to kill and only need to hit me once to kill me. Cainhurst boss is the same. Can't even beat the bosses in Chalice Dungeon now.

Using cane and mercy blades

Skatterd

So... it's not really possible to play with a friend, is it? :(

Tried twice now. Never connected either time using a password for both of us. Such a drag. :(

I've played through pretty much the whole game with a friend. Works fine for me..set it to worldwide, be within 10 levels and put the controller down in wait. Takes up to 5 minutes sometimes. Although if you mean right this second the network seems to be having issues right now.

Zafir

I'm starting to feel like this game becomes a bit unfair after
you kill Rom
. Those
bell-ringers
are just ridiculous, some of them are apparently invisible or something because no matter where I sprint around to I can't find them. Progressing is basically impossible with
the endless respawning adds. Especially the fatties.

What am I missing here?

Cane for most bosses and large enemies. Thrust attack with R2.

They aren't invisible. They're just hidden in some cases.
I totally recommend you just run past honestly. There's a key just before the bridge with a monster shooting a beam at you if you drop down a gap in the fence/wall, that's the only item of importance.

Mindman

What level were you both? And you were near each other in same location right? Also, make sure you didn't move into a non-summon area (you can tell by the "x" on the "summoning" sign next to your health icon stuff)

I am 31 and he is 35. We were in the same area, without the summoning being blocked. Is there even anything to try?

EDIT: This was last night and the night before, before the PSN outage

Hugstable

Banned
I'm starting to get discouraged by this game. Daughter of Cosmos takes forever to kill and only need to hit me once to kill me. Cainhurst boss is the same. Can't even beat the bosses in Chalice Dungeon now.

Using cane and mercy blades

If you are really having a tough time with Ebrietas, try to lodge yourself in teh V tail behind her. Seems she doesn't do all that much damage there. Once the homing shit comes out, fucking book it

E the Shaggy

So what would everyone say is the best go-to weapon in the game because I've been walking around with the Cleaver and Kirkhammer for the most part (still early into the game).

Exitar

Neo Member
I find it interesting how high level some people are. I stopped at 60 at around the middle of the game and haven't had a problem with any boss and i'm on my way to Margo.well except Matyr (because fuck those skulls) but even Lady Cosmo took me 2 tries. Then again i don't know the PVP lvl range as i thought it'd be as low as it was in Ds2.

Concept17

Anyone understand the armour stats? I just got some new Church garbs, and whilst they have better stats like Blunt, Thrust, Blood and Arkane, they still have lower physical defence. But when you toggle the other stat page, it doesn't seem to make any difference to the physical defence on the right. What's more important, overall physical defence, or the tertiary stats like blunt, thrust etc?

Been wondering the same thing, it's like armor is more for looks than stats.

Navy Bean

Ok so I normally enjoy just combing over every level and killing every single enemy, but I'll be damned if Forbidden Woods didn't send me into a meltdown. That place was not designed to be meticulously combed through.

Bad news, the same can be said for several of the upcoming levels...actually it might be worse...

For all the invaders and pvpers here, any one know the best places to invade around level 45?
Also, anyone know how the
hunter of hunters covenant
works?

Afrodium

Banned
I wish I didn't like the threaded cane so much. Everyone else seems to be having an easier time with the Saw Spear while my little +3 cane doesn't do shite lol.

Nah, the cane is great. Just keep upgrading it and level your skill and it will take you far. I switched to Blade of Mercy as my main weapon once I got it, but I still regularly used the cane when fighting multiple enemies.

taybul

Does anyone else think the Blades of Mercy are a bit underwhelming or am I just not using it right? It's only got scaling in SKL, which I have plenty of at my level, but it just doesn't hit that hard. I know it's designed more around mobility but all things being equal it would still take me longer to kill say a werewolf than if I were to use a Ludwig's.

Now that I'm getting deeper in Chalice Dungeons, I'm starting to notice some really nasty frame rate drops. Is this something about the recent patch, or has it always been this bad? I almost never experienced a single frame rate drop during a boss fight the entire time I played all the way to the last boss of the game, but now it's almost every boss in Chalice Dungeon. It's really weird that I would never see it for regular bosses but only chalice bosses.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with my PS4 or if other people see the same things. On Abhorrent Beast and Keeper of Old Lords it was really bad, almost unplayable when I was really close up to the boss.

Holy shit I finally beat S
hadows of Yharnam

MLG boss strategy:

Kill fire thrower first. Kill Samurai Jack second. Take on candle bro by slash, he dodges sideways, slash, he dodges sideways, slash, continue until dead. No fucking giant snakes, fuck you Shadows of Yharnam you pieces of fucking shit aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Concept17

Ok so I normally enjoy just combing over every level and killing every single enemy, but I'll be damned if Forbidden Woods didn't send me into a meltdown. That place was not designed to be meticulously combed through.

I'm there now too. My friend was complaining that it was too noisy/not always clear.

I agree for the most part. Just remember the yellow torches light the main path.

I came across a huge surprise in the Woods:
going down into the cave, and on the other side I found a ladder that goes all the way up into the city, and it brings you back to the very beginning of the game, and you open up two shortcuts that were inaccessible in the first 5 minutes of playing, you also get to explore another level of the clinic with some goodies inside

Rixxan

Does anyone else think the Blades of Mercy are a bit underwhelming or am I just not using it right? It's only got scaling in SKL, which I have plenty of at my level, but it just doesn't hit that hard. I know it's designed more around mobility but all things being equal it would still take me longer to kill say a werewolf than if I were to use a Ludwig's.

I love them for pvp but they aren't always the best option against mobs / bosses imo

AngryMoth

For all the invaders and pvpers here, any one know the best places to invade around level 45?
Also, anyone know how the
hunter of hunters covenant
works?
Probably
Nightmare Frontier
at that level. Hunters are enemies of
Vilebloods
. I think if you summon someone from the opposite covenant in coop they can kill you.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Now that I'm getting deeper in Chalice Dungeons, I'm starting to notice some really nasty frame rate drops. Is this something about the recent patch, or has it always been this bad? I almost never experienced a single frame rate drop during a boss fight the entire time I played all the way to the last boss of the game, but now it's almost every boss in Chalice Dungeon. It's really weird that I would never see it for regular bosses but only chalice bosses.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with my PS4 or if other people see the same things. On Abhorrent Beast and Keeper of Old Lords it was really bad, almost unplayable when I was really close up to the boss.

Keeper of the Old Lords was pissing me off. It had this weird stuttering effect for me, and I was basically just doing nothing but parrying.

Probably
Nightmare Frontier
at that level. Hunters are enemies of
Vilebloods
. I think if you summon someone from the opposite covenant in coop they can kill you.
Nah I'm pretty sure it's the
executioners
who have interactions with them. But good idea about Frontie, thanks.

Foggy

Bad news, the same can be said for several of the upcoming levels...actually it might be worse...

Fuck a duck...

I'm there now too. My friend was complaining that it was too noisy/not always clear.

I agree for the most part. Just remember the yellow torches light the main path.

I came across a huge surprise in the Woods:
going down into the cave, and on the other side I found a ladder that goes all the way up into the city, and it brings you back to the very beginning of the game, and you open up two shortcuts that were inaccessible in the first 5 minutes of playing, you also get to explore another level of the clinic with some goodies inside

Thanks, yeah, fortunately the level itself isn't terribly difficult. I did my best to check every square inch of the area but after running into multiple large bundles of joy and a couple piglets, I just made a beeline to the last shortcut and then to the boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom