• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Could Be Working On A Metal Gear Solid Remake

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah i dont see how a MGS remake would work unless the controls and everything are left exactly the same. no free camera. no twin stick controls.

no way you could do MGS1 with the controls of MGSV. you could headshot everyone at the start of every room. the free camera alone would trivialize everything.

boss fights would have to be entirely re-designed. level layouts would have to be expanded upon. it would essentially be a whole new game. we are talking a ton of work.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I'd fight somebody for a remake of MGS1. Hell, I'd do it for a simple 4k remaster of MGS2&3.
I think its unnecessary. They're games of their time, them being available is good enough, and i don't think they'd benefit much from being 4k seeing as their models and textures aren't anything to speak of by modern standards.
A Peace Walker remake would be good purely because the gameplay loop is so fun, and we have an attested improved model of it in MGSV

I think its unnecessary. They're games of their time, them being available is good enough, and i don't think they'd benefit much from being 4k seeing as their models and textures aren't anything to speak of by modern standards.
A Peace Walker remake would be good purely because the gameplay loop is so fun, and we have an attested improved model of it in MGSV

REMake proved to me that games I thought would be unnecessary to remake can be new experiences. A fight on top of MG Rex would be epic. Psycho Mantis? Equally epic.

Guilty_AI

REMake proved to me that games I thought would be unnecessary to remake can be new experiences. A fight on top of MG Rex would be epic. Psycho Mantis? Equally epic.
Perhaps, but it'd be a completely different game altogether. Some games fully embrace its own shortcomings and limitations, giving them an unique sort of charm. MGS happens to be one of those, I feel a remake would lack the soul of the original.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The skepticism is fucking weird. Someone explain why this is so implausible when Nintendo got them to make MGS: Twin Snakes for them back in 2004?

Hell, what about MGS4 for Sony exclusively in 2008?

You know, back when Konami actually gave half-a-shit about the games biz!

Last edited:
I thought all the rumors pointed to a remake of this...
Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg
How you imagine it would look?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Don't buy it.

MGS has already been remade. No need to remake it again.

Sony need to just throw money at BP and allow them to create their own, original IP. They need to break away from just doing remakes all the time. I want to see what they can really do with total creative freedom.

Tschumi

i can only imagine MGS3, because i'm not entirely sure MGS 1 and 2 would really get much from a remake, considering how, er, industrial the first two were... like, mgs2 still looks great because it's hard to get coridoors wrong... don't get Me wrong, i think mgs 1 and 2 are beautiful games as they stand now~ i just think mgs3 has more scope for a boost.

Bluepoint making MGS (remake) and Castlevania (remake? Not sure about that) and Sony Japan studios at work with Silent Hill soft reboot? There were rumors months ago, it could be huge but it also could be… vaporware.

SkylineRKR

So it seems like BP is teasing 2 konami IP. Perhaps there is something going on with these IP and Sony. I stopped believing in the SH rumors, but it would be hype if it all comes together.

Konami is sitting on these and Sony could use them. Esp. MGS.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
A propper Remake would be amazeballs. And by propper I don‘t mean that glorified remaster with shitty new sequences that Dyack made. Complete remake with redesigned levels and all.

Relativ9

The first game is too short for these days, you can run through that thing. I could see a Solid Snake's complete story kind of thing though...Mgs1, 2 and 4.

SkylineRKR

It could very well be just a troll.

It says Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, SOTN, MGS, Resistance, hills, souls..

All of them lol?

Last edited:

Soodanim

BP: “Konami, I have an idea. Let us use Fox Engine to do a remake of MGS3. I know you’re lazy so don’t worry, you won’t have to lift a finger and you’ll get a cut”
K: “Cool, shame this isn’t real because I like free money”

Top Bottom