• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO 09•02-04•16 - Labored breathing @ weekend box office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's a movie title I didn't expect to hear here: The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (1992).

The way I remember it, that movie was actually fun for its contents. Hammy as shit, but fun to watch. I treated it as a monster movie at the time (watched on television not too long after release). Looking up the cast is fun btw, since I have no recollection of anyone in that movie except for Rebecca de Mornay and the general gist of it.
Hello fence!

I don't think it was supposed to be a monster comedy though, but that might be Gremlins 2 intervening in my memory.

giphy.gif

Weird, I was literally thinking the other day that having someone's punch break on their face would be a good way to introduce a slightly more 'governments is me' type Superman.
Cage is not that though (I think? ), so that's a 'huh' right there.

Maybe I saw this gif before, completely forgot about it, and then remembered it 'as own idea' (not actually own idea, but the impression of being creative when no such creativity is used). Please don't post that "I made this" comic, I'm familiar with the process, thanks.

kswiston

Friday Studio Estimates

1) Sully - $12.4M
2) when the Bough Breaks - $5.2M
3) Don't Breathe - $2.5M - $64M total
4) Suicide Squad - $1.4M - $303M total
5) Bad Moms - $830k - $105M total
6) Hell or High Water - $735k - $18M total
7) The Wild Life - $730k
8) Sausage Party - $705k - $92M total
9) Kubo and the Two Strings - $680k - $38M total
10) Pete's Dragon - $650k - $68M total

xx) The Disappointments Room - $475k

kswiston

Weekend Studio Estimates

1) Sully - $35.5M
2) when the Bough Breaks - $15.0M
3) Don't Breathe - $8.2M (-48%) - $67M total
4) Suicide Squad - $5.7M (-43%) - $307M total
5) The Wild Life - $3.4M
6) Kubo and the Two Strings - $3.2M (-49%) - $41M total
7) Pete's Dragon - $2.9M (-54%) - $70M total
8) Bad Moms - $2.8M (-41%) - $108M total
9) Hell or High Water - $2.6M (-41%) - $20M total
10) Sausage Party - $2.3M (-56%) - $93M total

17) The Disappointments Room - $1.4M

The Wild Life's Estimated Sunday hold strikes me as wishful thinking. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kubo back in the Top 5 with the Weekend Actuals. Norm of the North made twice as much in its opening weekend. Summit should probably ditch their attempts at animation.

womfalcs3

Banned
I watched The Good Dinosaur just now. I don't understand why it failed. Brilliant animation! I mean, it basically made me a believer that the future of movies will be all CG. Actors will not be needed in the future; even for voice, since that will be less robotic going forward. Great story line, too.

I watched The Good Dinosaur just now. I don't understand why it failed. Brilliant animation! I mean, it basically made me a believer that the future of movies will be all CG. Actors will not be needed in the future; even for voice, since that will be less robotic going forward. Great story line, too.

That's probably true in 15-20 years, especially when you see what they did to Michael Douglas in Antman and RDJ in civil war, and the speech stuff that Deepmind is doing now. Both of those things are still too expensive, both money wise and process wise. Expensive actors have their days counted just like Uber drivers.

Regarding Good Dinosaur, I thought the story was decent, but the delivery left something to be desired. The graphics and CG were superb, except for the main characters. It was a weird contrast between the amazing scenery and the dinosaurs that looked like they belonged in the flinstones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom