• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bobby Jindal: President Obama Created Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Would be nice if this clown wasn't quoted or made a thread out of. Dude is irrelevant in politics - just asking for that attention.

The GOP continuously lying to its lower- and middle-income voters, saying they'll benefit them directly while giving huge money to the rich, is what created Trump.

And now Trump is convincing those same people if he becomes President their wealth will increase because he, uh, you know, "makes deals."

kess

It's going to be fun reading this again when Trump rolls everybody in Louisiana's primary tomorrow.

Chichikov

Calling himself Bobby rather than Piyush is real petty shit
He can call himself whatever the fuck he wants.
People change their name or decide to go by nickname all the time; if it's a non issue when they're white (and it shouldn't be) it shouldn't be an issue for a minority.

Also, "dang it Piyush" is not nearly as funny.

p.s.
Yeah, the fact that having a white name gives you a better chance to get elected is messed up, but I don't think it's fair to hang that on Jindal, especially since he went with Bobby since he was a kid.

LosDaddie

Banned
In a way, Jindal is correct. If Obama hadn't been so successful the last 8yrs, then we'd probably see an establishment Repub leading their primaries right now.

It's just eating the GOP inside to have Obama be a success right now. Economy is strong, unemployment down, gas prices down, gay marriage legal, Obamacare upheld, etc.

They are angry.

He can call himself whatever the fuck he wants.
People change their name or decide to go by nickname all the time; if it's a non issue when they're white (and it shouldn't be) it should be an issue for a minority.

Also, "dang it Piyush" is not nearly as funny.

p.s.
Yeah, the fact that having a white name gives you a better chance to get elected is messed up, but I don't think it's fair to hang that on Jindal, especially since he went with Bobby since he was a kid.

Indeed. The same people probably wouldn't have a problem if Obama still wanted to be called BArry.

Shut the fuck up Jindal.
You'd wish Obama ruled over us for a century and it's your party's fault for being petulant, racist and misogynistic.

There is no negative connotation calling Jindal by his name (which most can't pronounce).
Of course there is. Why are you doing it? Because of some deep personal conviction to only call people by their given names?

If Jindal had done any better in the campaign, it would be conservatives calling him Piyush. Did you know McCain had a secret black baby?!

Piyush is actually the nicest thing one could call him. What a fucking piece of shit he is.

LosDaddie

Banned
Of course there is. Why are you doing it? Because of some deep personal conviction to only call people by their given names?

If Jindal had done any better in the campaign, it would be conservatives calling him Piyush. Did you know McCain had a secret black baby?!

Makes you wonder if these same people had a problem with people saying Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

Strike

A black man getting elected was too much for some people and their delicate sensibilities, but you can't give him all the credit. Hell, they never give him credit for anything, so why start now? Remember when they were trying to push this guy as the republican Obama?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Nobody created Trump. He saw this was his best chance to become president and adopted a strategy of riling up the Republican base who were already mad at Obama for some reason.

Gotchaye

I'm not comprehending what you're saying. Are you saying calling him by his birthright name is an insult because, by default, anyone who uses his birth right name does so with malicious intent?
I mean, anyone who knows that he prefers to go by "Bobby" and has for a long time and then still insists on calling him "Piyush", sure. I don't know about "by default", but, like, obviously you're using it in a malicious way that reads as at best an Uncle Tom sort of accusation and at worst as simply racist.

Eh, no one is using Piyush's middle name. People went out of their way to deliberately narrow in on Obama's middle name because they were birth truthers' looking to tickle their racist balls. Different pool of people.

Yeah, that's the point. I don't think that the poster was saying "I bet these are the same people" - he was pointing out that you have no problem seeing the racism when people are doing it to a politician you like.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Jindal is kinda right in a way. Obama created Trump by being Obama. Republicans lost their minds when he was elected. The tea party and Trump are the result of Obama winning.

LosDaddie

Banned
Yeah, that's the point. I don't think that the poster was saying "I bet these are the same people" - he was pointing out that you have no problem seeing the racism when people are doing it to a politician you like.

Correct.

To expand on this point a bit; Is Caitlyn Jenner the legal name now, or just the preferred name? Because I've seen people dogpiled and banned on GAF for using "Bruce".

Point is, Jindal wants to be called Bobby. So the open-minded, tolerant liberals should call him Bobby. Don't resort to dog whistle politics.

Wag

151118_FAM_Tempertantrum-White-House.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Makes sense. Obama is even a child abuser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom