• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing: Floyd Mayweather vs. Victor Ortiz |OT| 9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
AndyMoogle said:
I can't see Mayweather losing, unless his age is starting to take it's toll.

I doubt it has. He's probably a lot younger physically than his age indicates considering he hasn't fought much in the last few years and he rarely got touched through out most of his career due to his ridiculous speed, reactions and defense.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
leadbelly said:
Well, that depends on when he actually said that.
I think it was about a month back, searching for some news there's seems to be some back and forth now too with Amir khan, he called Mayweather a chicken :lol

The guy Mayweather was talking about was Vargas who seems to be his protege. Vargas himself is now calling him out too

leadbelly

Banned
Teetris said:
I think it was about a month back, searching for some news there's seems to be some back and forth now too with Amir khan, he called Mayweather a chicken :lol

The guy Mayweather was talking about was Vargas who seems to be his protege. Vargas himself is now calling him out too

Yeah. I just read it. Read my last post ^

smurfx

get some go again
harSon said:
I doubt it has. He's probably a lot younger physically than his age indicates considering he hasn't fought much in the last few years and he rarely got touched through out most of his career due to his ridiculous speed, reactions and defense.
speed and reactions is one of the first things to go as fighters age though. doesn't matter if he isn't as damaged as others.

Mecha_Infantry said:
Really want Mayweather to lose, but I love Manny too much and want him to take his 0 away from him

But I think it will be a bore UD for Money
Pacquiao will get destroyed if he fought mayweather which is why he is avoiding floyd.

harSon

Banned
smurfx said:
speed and reactions is one of the first things to go as fighters age though. doesn't matter if he isn't as damaged as others.

Speed is one of the few things you can judge in 24/7 and he looked as fast as ever to me. If his uncle's old man speed is anything to go by, I think he'll be considerably faster than the competition until he retires.

SyNapSe

Jamesfrom818 said:
I had no idea Ginger Mexicans exist.

yer the devils apprentice. probably a NBA-GAFer. useless, like real life. Saul will eat the baby from your whore wifes sickish belly.

IrishNinja

stuck at work, gonna follow this thread for updates/gifs/etc.

local DJ out here after mayweather caught that abuse charge: "tell his wife to wear a Pacquiao mask, that's the one thing he won't hit."

Satyamdas

Banned
Syphon Filter said:
It's the truth.
I can buy arguments that Floyd might take Pacquiao the distance, nullify Pac's speed and power with his great feet and defense, and I can even buy that Floyd might win against him (10 to 1 chance of that happening, IMO). But you said Floyd would "destroy" Pacquiao. That is nothing other than absolute ignorance of both boxers abilities, or a fanboyish view which clearly has no basis in reality. Either way, it's a retarded statement made by boxing ignoramuses.

Esch

Banned
I always thought Vargas was being oversold by PBF and this fight is indicative. Dude is not impressive in any sense. Any top 140lber would pack his shit in hard. I think even Kotelnik would knock him the fuck out.

Shiggie

Jamesfrom818 said:
I had no idea Ginger Mexicans exist.
ds3ad.jpg

Chiave

polyh3dron said:
booooooooo that was bullshit

Lopez rocked Vargas a few times and dominated that fucking fight
I walked out for a few minutes to get some chips,(gross Doritos flames... damn lime ruined everything) I came back and saw the verdict and figured Vargas did some spitacular shit while I was gone because he was definitely getting rocked.

HiResDes

Satyamdas said:
I can buy arguments that Floyd might take Pacquiao the distance, nullify Pac's speed and power with his great feet and defense, and I can even buy that Floyd might win against him (10 to 1 chance of that happening, IMO). But you said Floyd would "destroy" Pacquiao. That is nothing other than absolute ignorance of both boxers abilities, or a fanboyish view which clearly has no basis in reality. Either way, it's a retarded statement made by boxing ignoramuses.
10 to 1 odds on Pacquiao?...Even juiced that sounds ridiculous and I like the guy,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom