• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad' Fans Still Tossing Pizzas On Walter White's Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
2935348-6024449398-aeb60.gif

it doesn't work, let it go

Mindlog

I would just put a fake pizza on the roof and be done with it.

Anyone walking up to do the same would be like; "Job done. Let's eat!"

JDSN

Banned
Im glad this is as far as that piece of shit fandom got, I was scared for Anna Gunn at some points of the show.

The owners should place a plastic pizza decoration on the roof. Then people wont throw real pizzas on there and just take a picture with it

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I'm sure the owners didn't anticipate the show becoming that popular.

I don't think anybody did. Not even Vince Gilligan himself.

The owners should place a plastic pizza decoration on the roof. Then people wont throw real pizzas on there and just take a picture with it

I would just put a fake pizza on the roof and be done with it.

Anyone walking up to do the same would be like; "Job done. Let's eat!"

That might help, but I'm sure throwing the pizza is a huge part of the appeal so they might still run into problems.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Why did this couple agree to let their house be used in the show?
It's not like the pizza was in the first episode and Gilligan showed them a script. You don't know how big a show or movie is going to be when you start, and you just want an establishing shot to make the show more genuine.

People still visit Marty McFly's house and the Winslow house. And pretty much every other house that was in a movie or TV show that still stands. Until it was torn down people still visited the Al's apartment and the U62 building from UHF even though it didn't look anything like in the movie. It's just about the trip.

Not really, it's only a house. It's just everyone in Albuquerque can't let this show go.
That's a really silly statement. Like extremely silly.

How many takes do you think they did of this? How many pizzas had to die?
It wasn't even intentional. It just worked out so perfectly on the first take that they kept it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
If I were them I'd redo the roof in a different colour, and repaint the house. Then everyone visiting would look at it and say, "that's not the place, is that the place?"

Drazgul

Why don't they just sell the house? I'd imagine the property value would be insane to some rich die hard fan.

Didn't they shoot the interior scenes somewhere else and that house has a different floor plan altogether? Though I suppose the exterior alone would be worth something, plus hey, free pizza.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People are assholes, even if they have good taste in shows.

Bored teenagers will wreck any shit without a care in the world. Just ask anybody that has even a modestly large Christmas light display.

Fans can be pieces of shit. Just like Scarface's fans (a lot of real life criminals admire and were inspired by that character), they misinterpret the meaning and just replicate the cool stuff as if the piece of media legitimised it. When fans can't separate their love of a show to replicating it in reality, they become douches.

Screenboy

If they made it an attraction and charged $50 to throw a pizza on the roof I'm sure people would get bored and they'd make some money out of it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
It wasn't even intentional. It just worked out so perfectly on the first take that they kept it.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional, but they didn't expect it to work on the first take. They were trying to figure out how to shoot it but Cranston nailed it and played it off perfectly in the take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom