• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Teknoman

Yeah had my eye on this for awhile, especially since it looks like Team Fortress meets Mirrors Edge meets Timesplitters (character design).

I'm really hoping this is good, the art style and free running really grabbed my attention. Seems like such a great and fun concept for a shooter, I just hope it holds up well.

I do have some reservations about the game but I've pre-ordered Brink. I need a new online multipayer game so I'm willing to give this a chance because of the pedigree of the developer behind the game and the fact that Brink doesn't look like your bog standard contemporary military shooter. It has potential, it has style, let's just see if there's some substance to it.

Zeliard

I'll be so glad to have a shooter again that doesn't make you feel like you're trudging through a swamp. Yay for fast-paced play and freedom of movement.

Goon Boon

Banned
Ok, this is as close a place as any to ask. Theres this site called the hut, that gives an irl preorder bonus of a bandana. Problem for me is that they are a european site, but the thing is apparently they are international. Any idea how to order from there and make sure they ship it to the US? Ideally I'd just like to see how you formatted your shipping address. Mine looks like this

MY NAME
FAKELAND PL
Fakecity, NEW YORK
United States
69696-9696

With that fake info substituted for my actual info. Can anyone who's ordered to the US make sure their info is the same format? It should be here https://www.thehut.com/hut/accountHome.secure

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/brink-includes-the-anger-bandana-mask/10072700.html

Also theres a 2 pound off coupon bringing it to about $35.

Sanic

I wonder if we'll get a confirmed map count/list before launch. It seems like a good bet that there'll be either 8 or 10, but only a couple have been detailed and confirmed.

Luthos

Even though they moved the date, I don't know when or if I'll get this, what with Witcher 2 and LA Noire also coming out.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Probably a day one for me, little worried about the aiming system on consoles, but the rest of the game looks solid.

Chances are none of my friends will buy, which sucks.

Ken

Might pick this up since I enjoy games with character customization. Will there be a Brink GAF tag or anything when the game comes out?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This game intrigues me. Playing online with a bunch of strangers is wholly unappealing. I generally hate competitive FPS (since I rarely have the time to invest into them to get good), but I love co-operative shit. I know if I wait for a price drop this game will probably lose a lot of players. WHAT TO DO?

Ken

Lambtron said:
Playing online with a bunch of strangers is wholly unappealing.

So we can't party up with friends or other people on GAF and it's just a CoD mercenary playlist thing?

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I'm torn - the steelbook is cheap on some sites, and i'd want to be playing online when it's in its heyday, but it just seems like the kind of game you'd get for 75% in a Steam sale in a few months time.

Is the steelbook available for North America?

I'm torn - the steelbook is cheap on some sites, and i'd want to be playing online when it's in its heyday, but it just seems like the kind of game you'd get for 75% in a Steam sale in a few months time.

I love the dynamic sense of movement.

It looks hot.

It also looks like a FPS. It really looks like a FPS. I really don't know if it's got the chops to carve out even a moderately sized space in the multiplayer gaming universe.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Also, the thread title needs more mucho bad guys.

Like I said in the other thread, I'm still on the fence. If reviews are good I'll keep my pre-order:

Vei4q.jpg

I'm still not 100% sure if I'll get it, but I like the look of the case. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Day One for me on 360, though I'm not totally sure I'll like it. But this seems like the sort of thing I want to be on the ground floor with.

I did like Team Fortress 2 though, so if I enjoy it half as much as that I'll be happy with my purchase.

Clott

I need a review for the PC version, I have been close to pulling the trigger several times but the constant cynicism has me a bit hesitant. I am worried I will jump in and the game will die out.

I have it hard to believe that no PC footage has been shown, the original footage looked very good, it looked leagues better than the current footage.

Mr_eX

I want to buy this but I don't know if it will be worth $60 for me. It's a multiplayer game and I don't see many people on my steam or XBL friends list getting it. The summer steam sale probably starts next month anyway, I'll get it then.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get the title. What does it mean?

Billychu said:
So ready to play as the Engineer or Medic. I like helping people :)

I agree with this. I generally don't have the twitch skills to compete with most people in FPS's, so I like games that give me the ability to play a useful support role.

rdrr gnr

One of the few times where my purchasing decision will actually be based on review scores. It's unfortunate that there never was a public demo. I hope SD gets rewarded for actually having depth and trying some new with a shooter title. Subbed for GAF impressions.

Teknoman

On the other hand...(and I know this sounds stupid) but whats the point of having a crosshair if you have to aim down the sights if you want to hit someone. Especially as close as the player looked in the video.

Really hope its going to be an even mix of the two.

classicdms

Neo Member
So, early on in the press for the game, there were weight classes for the player and your weight class would pose how mobile you were as well as how much damage you could take. Did they get rid of that?

Grayman

classicdms said:
So, early on in the press for the game, there were weight classes for the player and your weight class would pose how mobile you were as well as how much damage you could take. Did they get rid of that?
That is still in. Your body type stays the same throughout the match but you can change your class during the match.

Teknoman said:
On the other hand...(and I know this sounds stupid) but whats the point of having a crosshair if you have to aim down the sights if you want to hit someone. Especially as close as the player looked in the video.

Really hope its going to be an even mix of the two.

You don't have to 0.o

You can play without ever having to aim down the iron sight/scope/etc (though I'm sure there will be instances where you HAVE to due to distance, maybe). SD claims a good portion of the development team only used hipfire and put a lot emphasis on the fact that aiming down the irons only serves as a preference for players, an option.

Edit: Yep.

Teknoman

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
You don't have to 0.o

You can play without ever to aim the iron sight/scope/etc (though I'm sure there will be instances where you HAVE to due to distance, maybe). SD claims a good portion of the development team only used hipfire and put a lot emphasis on the fact that aiming down the irons only serves as a preference for players, an option.

Nevermind about my earlier comments, looking at the middle section of the video it seems you can still do some damage with either aiming style. Glad they didnt just make the crosshair completely useless. Im not against iron sights, but it just seems like a trend in fps games this gen that they make you have to use the sights no matter the distance.

Something about this game being multiplayer only doesn't strike me as a good value. They better have excellent post-release support and I don't mean paid DLC if this has any chance of forming a strong community.

rac

Banned
Teknoman said:
Nevermind about my earlier comments, looking at the middle section of the video it seems you can still do some damage with either aiming style. Glad they didnt just make the crosshair completely useless.
Quoted from a different thread:
Grayman said:
1) light body combat has not been shown
2) a portion of the dev team never uses iron sights

Damn beaten badly.

Top Bottom