• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

clip

Lasthope106 said:
Something about this game being multiplayer only doesn't strike me as a good value. They better have excellent post-release support and I don't mean paid DLC if this has any chance of forming a strong community.

It's not MP only.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'd enjoy something like this, but the fact that there's no standard differences in appearances between friend and foe makes me want to avoid it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
classicdms said:
Your teammates can be highlighted with your team color. I know I've seen that in at least one video.
Well that's one step closer. But I'm not paying $89 USD for this on Steam :p

Teknoman

Lasthope106 said:
Something about this game being multiplayer only doesn't strike me as a good value. They better have excellent post-release support and I don't mean paid DLC if this has any chance of forming a strong community.

I think it has a single player mode as well.

Teknoman

classicdms said:
Your teammates can be highlighted with your team color. I know I've seen that in at least one video.

Dont the two teams have really distinctive looking clothes/equipment as well? Like the resistance look like a rag tag group and the security forces have more modern looking equipment (as far as clothing goes)?

CyReN

I'm on the fence, I'm hearing a lot of buzz from people that loved Shadowrun but I don't want people to stop playing within a few months.

What's the best deal on it online so far?

Sanic

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Created a GAF tag, just click here GAF Brink 360 and I'll be sure to add you. Hey Pandora, mind adding this to the community section?

No problem, thanks for taking the time to make the tag. Was going to do it myself but got sidetracked.

The_Player said:
You're wrong.

Then do explain how the single player works because it is very confusing. From what I read so far the gameplay between sp and mp is the same. The only difference being that you have "some" story elements, which I'm assuming are cutscenes.

This reminds me of Unreal Tournament III for pc in which the sp was the same as the mp with bots.

I'm definitely getting this (sometime this month), but man the commercial for the game is terrible, they say nothing unique about it, just guys running around and shooting in CG. I don't see how it's supposed to sell the game.

Teknoman

CyReN said:
I'm on the fence, I'm hearing a lot of buzz from people that loved Shadowrun but I don't want people to stop playing within a few months.

What's the best deal on it online so far?

Thats the only thing im worried about, especially on the PC.

GitarooMan said:
I'm definitely getting this (sometime this month), but man the commercial for the game is terrible, they say nothing unique about it, just guys running around and shooting in CG. I don't see how it's supposed to sell the game.

People in Gamestop seemed to take to it when it played on the monitor. So I guess it'll attract the average consumer, but yeah, it would have been nice if they mixed the two.

Sanic

Lasthope106 said:
Then do explain how the single player works because it is very confusing. From what I read so far the gameplay between sp and mp is the same. The only difference being that you have "some" story elements, which I'm assuming are cutscenes.

Yep, that's what it is.

Grayman

Lasthope106 said:

This reminds me of Unreal Tournament III for pc in which the sp was the same as the mp with bots.
The story elements can be shown online in coop vs ai or team versus team games as well. You are able to bypass it and just play online normally like other games if you choose to.

Lasthope106 said:

And now you're pretty right. Whether you agree or not - it is SP of nowadays. I do think, that it's better to have such rudimentary SP, than divide the whole team of developers into 2 parts, so they can make obsolete singleplayer campaign which no one cares about (BF3).

Tricky I Shadow said:
So if I do end up getting the game....how exactly do I join this? How will it work?

Well, you send a friend request to GAF Brink 360. I'll confirm/add you. And from there, go to the GAF Brink 360 profile (via your Xbox 360) and view the friend's list. From there you can send game invites or join other GAFers who are in-game on the friend's list. This saves you and others from having to add individual members to your FL (especially if you don't have the space). Almost every MP-centric 360 game has a GAF tag. It's makes it easier to connect with other players from all over.

Gassey

Banned
Their Australian pricing strategy on Steam (US$90) is going to kill the game in our territory. :( Not even worth digging around to get it cheaper. Will pass.

Goon Boon

Banned
Gassey said:
Their Australian pricing strategy on Steam (US$90) is going to kill the game in our territory. :( Not even worth digging around to get it cheaper. Will pass.
You could try importing it, or paying someone from the USA to gift it to you.

Love Splash Damage, I think I may actually bite on this. Looks amazing, and they can do no wrong when it comes to multiplayer.

*goes to download Wolfenstein ET*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's an interview somewhere that confirms they're talking to Valve about preloading. Just for anyone who's curious.

Emitan

zoner said:
There's an interview somewhere that confirms they're talking to Valve about preloading. Just for anyone who's curious.
I think they confirmed pre-loading in the dedicated server FAQ.

Gassey

Banned
Goon Boon said:
You could try importing it, or paying someone from the USA to gift it to you.

I can find it cheaper, yes (365games.co.uk) - but the issue is how many people nearby will actually be playing it. It's only ever worth playing twitch shooters with people on low ping.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
Well, you send a friend request to GAF Brink 360. I'll confirm/add you. And from there, go to the GAF Brink 360 profile (via your Xbox 360) and view the friend's list. From there you can send game invites or join other GAFers who are in-game on the friend's list. This saves you and others from having to add individual members to your FL (especially if you don't have the space). Almost every MP-centric 360 game has a GAF tag. It's makes it easier to connect with other players from all over.

Cool, just as I thought. Great idea! Friend request sent!

Emitan

Decided to install Enemy Territory because I've never played it, but sound isn't working :(

EDIT: Grrr... it's some chipset issue I'm not going to even try to solve.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:

Will send a FR when I get a chance. I really hope GAF gives this game a chance!

EDIT: Might want to add this to the OP, Kmart is offering a $20 Gaming Credit for Brink

DanielJr82

I'm buying the game, but I won't be playing online for a while. Can't wait for the video reviews and stuff, I'm pretty psyched for this game. I'm hoping it holds me off until Battlefield 3.

looks pretty sweet. kind of like tf2 with more parkour and less classes I guess. Does anyone know the player limits in multi or am I just a slowpoke?

Teknoman

Soundtrack looks like it'll probably be a mix of Unreal Tournament style electronic stuff and some industrial. At least I hope so (always cool to have a fitting soundtrack to shoot by).

If not i'll deal with it, and just make a playlist.

Grayman

Frankenstrat said:
looks pretty sweet. kind of like tf2 with more parkour and less classes I guess. Does anyone know the player limits in multi or am I just a slowpoke?
8v8 is the intended load but it may go higher on pc.

Top Bottom