• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Straley starts a game dev studio: Wildflower Interactive. They're hiring.

EDMIX

Nice, looking forward to what he does.
Since they say they'll be making "small-ish" games I hope it means we get something from them in less than 7-8 years.

Not sure if disturbed.
He just comes across as one of these "auteur" kinda dudes who wants to tell serious stories and feels too good to work on silly lighthearted adventures like Uncharted. It's why most of his games have darker tone, bad pacing and put story above everything else.

I don't disagree with you, but maybe thats needed in gaming to have something different. We simply don't have too many games that have a darker tone and really prove it with the story. It seems what he created with The Last Of Us series was one of kind and not many are even in a close second right now. I love Uncharted too, but lots of games are this "silly lighthearted adventures".

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Uncharted 1 is better than Uncharted 4? Ok man...speak for yourself ;)

Yeah man, I have a soft spot for one. It made me love my launch ps3.
His trousers got wet how far he walked into the water lol.

I just feel naughty dog went on a decline after 2, we know that Amy wasn't as involved with 3 and was getting muscled out by Bruce and Neil...probably Neil as I can just sense his ego when I look at him. Uncharted 3 wasnt as good as 2 by a long shot, and launched with strange aiming issues and other stuff but wqs later patched. The plane scene was iconic though. Then with the huge success of last of us, they gave Neil and Bruce more responsibility...Amy was forced out...Neil completely changed Uncharted 4 and it was no longer the franchise creators image....and it dragged...and dragged...more no fail climbing and talking.....and climbing...and pushing box number 120 while talking.......and talking and walking.....and talking........

Neil druckman special, just like last of us 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom