• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Singer confirmed for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE; first plot/character details emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

http://deadline.com/2014/09/bryan-singer-xmen-apocalypse-director-sequel-838588/

Apocalypse takes place a decade after Days of Future Past and is a seamless next step in the story. The altering of time has unleashed a new and uniquely powerful enemy. Charles (James McAvoy), Erik/Magneto (Michael Fassbender), Raven/Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Hank/Beast (Nicholas Hoult) are joined by young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and others as the X-Men must fight their most formidable foe yet: an ancient unrelenting force determined to cause an apocalypse unlike any in human history.

The new film is being scripted by Simon Kinberg from a story written by Singer, Kinberg, Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. Singer and Lauren Shuler Donner are producing with Kinberg and Hutch Parker. Production begins early next year, and the film will be released May 27, 2016.

A little disappointed that Kinberg is pulling sole script duty and that Doughtery and Harris were story contributions only. Not quite the X2 dream team reunion some were hoping for.

Well, shit.

Are they done with the crossover stuff, then? Is Jackman the only one coming along the reboot ride?

Also Jesus, that cast. ...And then Nicholas Hoult. :p

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, I heard they might be doing more time-travel stuff in this movie. Which I'm not opposed to at all -- it worked really well in DOFP.

Script being written solely by Kinberg again sucks balls. Nice that the others contributed to the story, but Kinberg's execution is kinda shit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can we not get X2 Nightcrawler back? Best character in the entire movie series.

out of the one hundred x-men universe movies we've gotten has there been a single one where cyclops, wolverine, and jean actually fight together against a common foe

seriously

Volimar

They could get Brian Cox to come back and be the voice of Apocalypse.

Also, just to completely fuck everything up, let's have Cyclops be a black guy this time.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
No fuck that, digitize his voice! We have some weird fucked up technology, use it on that!

Or just loop in the old lines. Apocalypse usually just says some weird bullshit all the time anyway. You don't need to re-write or re-record that shit. Just have a wild and wacky Mr. Sinister, as played by Chris Tucker re-record the responses to them.

Maybe they'll finally stop making Cyclops a bitch

oh who am I kidding, he'll probably be simping on Jean and getting bullied by Wolverine the entire movie.

Yes marvel and dc fans fall back. The champ comic book universe on deck

Interested in who they're getting for cyclops, Jean and storm

Plus throw in channing Tatum gambit and wolverine and this team gonna be stacked. Quicksilvers prolly coming back too

I wonder if they'll even try to make him as stupidly powerful as he was in the 90's toon. Sorry Xmen, but I have ALL OF THE POWERS.

As long as they're pulling out all the stops, the next movie should be something ridiculous, like X-Cutioner's song, the Mutant Massacre, House of M, Age of Apocalypse, or Onslaught.

Quicksilver is a great character in small doses, but much like the Flash, if you have him around all the time it's like "why does anyone else even need to fight?"

Or just loop in the old lines. Apocalypse usually just says some weird bullshit all the time anyway. You don't need to re-write or re-record that shit. Just have a wild and wacky Mr. Sinister, as played by Chris Tucker re-record the responses to them.

I'd totally be on board for what I'm assuming to be a 200 million dollar + summer blockbuster movie just straight up recycling lines with terrible sound quality, like it's being played off the radi-

I just described Bumblebee from Transformers.

Fuck.

Never really liked an Xmen movie until DoFP. First Class was a good film but DoFP felt like a Marvel Studios level movie. Can't wait for this.

Wazzy

Banned
Aww. I really liked Marsden as Cyclops but he was given such a shitty role in the films(also his costume sucked) but oh well. Maybe Singer will stop his hard on for Wolverine and actually give the other characters some time to shine.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I'm really excited for this. For all the hate Apocalypse normally gets, I always love those story arcs. Especially AoA. Can't do that though... Back to back alternate timeline stuff wouldn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom