• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Singer confirmed for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE; first plot/character details emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't understand the progression of the characters. Does everyone get younger all of a sudden or is this happening in the 80s?

- J - D -

Script being written solely by Kinberg again sucks balls. Nice that the others contributed to the story, but Kinberg's execution is kinda shit.

My biggest worry.

I liked DOFP, but it felt like the script was constantly, tenuously on the verge of crapping the bed at any given moment.

Who are the Four Horsemen? Who could Singer and his crew pick? Honestly in terms of story they don't really need to be someone we've seen.

If they did go that route, how bout Wolverine. Instead of him being this Hero guy for the gazillionth time how bout a villain.

Also what about Alex Summers. Is he cyclops brother or father? Screw it he could be a Horseman too. Let's also throw Mystique in there as a Horseman.

Young Nightcrawler?

If they did go that route, how bout Wolverine. Instead of him being this Hero guy for the gazillionth time how bout a villain.

Fuck yes.

Reverse T2.

2.jpg

Ultima_5

Who are the Four Horsemen? Who could Singer and his crew pick? Honestly in terms of story they don't really need to be someone we've seen.

Also what about Alex Summers. Is he cyclops brother or father? Screw it he could be a Horseman too. Let's also throw Mystique in there as a Horseman.

Young Nightcrawler?

I assume the four horsemen will be that group that mistique rescued from the army camp in DOFP. you can have a cyclops vs havok battle. plus that one guy who make the other soliders sick (thats sorta horsemen'y)

I don't understand the progression of the characters. Does everyone get younger all of a sudden or is this happening in the 80s?

takes place in the 80s.

I forgot that the Wolverine in the 80's has no idea who anybody is . He is a blank canvas.

Even though its the same Wolverine, Its really a different Wolverine. In Fact he's kinda a new character isn't he?

Ithil

So this is now taking place twenty years after First Class. Now it's starting to get to the point where Xavier and Magneto should really be starting to look like Stewart and McKellen. Mystique, sure, she doesn't really age, but Xavier and Magneto should look, well, twenty years older, instead they will look, what, four years older?

jelly

I forgot that the Wolverine in the 80's has no idea who anybody is . He is a blank canvas.

Even though its the same Wolverine, Its really a different Wolverine. In Fact he's kinda a new character isn't he?

Striker has him so he'll get his metal like before and then who knows as long he falls on the good path with Xavier eventually.

So this is now taking place twenty years after First Class. Now it's starting to get to the point where Xavier and Magneto should really be starting to look like Stewart and McKellen. Mystique, sure, she doesn't really age, but Xavier and Magneto should look, well, twenty years older, instead they will look, what, four years older?

Unless they age them, which is fairly easy to do. Easier than the opposite (making someone look 20 years younger)

I wonder if they'll even try to make him as stupidly powerful as he was in the 90's toon. Sorry Xmen, but I have ALL OF THE POWERS.

As long as they're pulling out all the stops, the next movie should be something ridiculous, like X-Cutioner's song, the Mutant Massacre, House of M, Age of Apocalypse, or Onslaught.

Quicksilver is a great character in small doses, but much like the Flash, if you have him around all the time it's like "why does anyone else even need to fight?"

God damn the mutant massacre would make an awesome movie, to bad they already ruined riptide.

LaNaranja

I wonder if they will use Scarlett Witch this time to fuck with Marvel. Anyway Evan Peters has the potential to be a great Quicksilver but in Days of Future Past they gave him about the same quality of material he was given in American Horror Story Coven. Hopefully they actually develop his character this time.

Channing Tatum as Gambit is an interesting choice, I am curious to see how that plays out.

I wonder if they'll even try to make him as stupidly powerful as he was in the 90's toon. Sorry Xmen, but I have ALL OF THE POWERS.

As long as they're pulling out all the stops, the next movie should be something ridiculous, like X-Cutioner's song, the Mutant Massacre, House of M, Age of Apocalypse, or Onslaught.

Quicksilver is a great character in small doses, but much like the Flash, if you have him around all the time it's like "why does anyone else even need to fight?"
Since DOFP I've been saying they should do X-Cutioner's Song.

RS4-

Wasn't there a line about Wolverine being the only person who will remember what happened?

Thinking it over, I think Wolverine, Beast, Xavier, Mystique and Mags will be the only ones that know what really happened. But Wolverine will only know about the what could've been future. Unless Xavier eventually reads his mind.

Not sure about Quicksilver.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Part if me wants them to reboot the team roster to be the 90's team minus jubilee.

Also I hope this movie leads to sinister/cable and maybe the morlock massacre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom