• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Singer confirmed for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE; first plot/character details emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

They fuck up Storm again and I'm out. Long gone are the days where I had to put up with that shit because that's all there was of the genre.

I'm really pumped for this, though the CGI in the end-credits' trailer looked like ass. I'm not going to let it worry me as it was what is was (being only a teaser).

Well, shit.

Are they done with the crossover stuff, then? Is Jackman the only one coming along the reboot ride?

Probably - but time travel always allows for a Steward/McKellen cameo somehow.

Female Cyclops first.

Black Cyclops first

kFX925F.gif

Subitai

Maybe they'll finally stop making Cyclops a bitch

oh who am I kidding, he'll probably be simping on Jean and getting bullied by Wolverine the entire movie.
That's the most I'm expecting. Can't say I'm excited at all, but I'll still go see it on the outside chance it is better than I predict.

JZA

I'd love to see Archangel show up for this. Maybe in a twist, have it be Warren Worthington II maybe instead, since the III wouldn't have been around in the 80's.

jelly

Quicksilver was great but they probably feel he is too simple a solution and can't write anything good that fits.

I hope this is the last hurrah for the cast. Would like a fresh take on X-Men. Singer is decent but I'm kinda bored of his vision and hang up the claws and roids already Jackman.

A-V-B

Hope part of the movie is X finding Cyclops, Jean and Storm, and not them just suddenly being there at the beginning.

Platy

In Singer we trust !

Can't wai for people complaining about Apocalypse's look or all the flowing 80's from the movie.

Needs Dazzler.

Nokterian

Watched DoFP last week. Amazing movie i loved every minute from it. Good to see Singer being back on board. Also Old Logan is best logan.

Ultima_5

Set in the 1980s or was that a a bunk rumor? Cyclops, Jean and Storm were in their 30s in X-Men.

well dofp took place in 1973 so + 10 years makes it 1983.

They can make them late teenagers like when they first started in the comics. so say they're 18 in 1983. then they'd be 35 in the 1st movie give or take.

Days of Future Past was underwhelming.

Quicksilver saved the movie from disaster.

Wolverine lol, never throwing a punch and the X-Men never a laid a finger on 70s Sentinels.
70s era turned into a Magneto show... rest of the X-Men were acting like side Autobots in Michael Bay movies... doing nothing

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status

Wolverine lol, never throwing a punch and the X-Men never a laid a finger on 70s Sentinels.
70s era turned into a Magneto show... rest of the X-Men were acting like side Autobots in Michael Bay movies... doing nothing

Brian Singer X-men is the Wolverine and Magneto show.

DieH@rd

Banned
Great news! FOX is really doing justice to XMen charachters with their films, and "First Class" roster will finally become ful with this film.

I never knew the god that voiced apocalypse died, RIP
Guy had me shook as a kid

#FreeQuickSilver, really stole the movie for me in days of future past

I'm ready

Your Transformers analogy is pretty ironic considering Days of Future Past is like the anti-Michael Bay blockbuster: plot over action.

things reset so maybe it won't be a plot device this time

But Wolverine's memory didn't reset.

Your Transformers analogy is pretty ironic considering Days of Future Past is like the anti-Michael Bay blockbuster: plot over action.
have you ever seen the ''other autobots'' do anything? no not really, they just run away while Prime does everything.

Same with the X-Men movies, all the other X-Men just run away ooo nohhhh I got powers but I will act powerless... ooh noo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom