• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie announces Latin/a/e/o/x @ Bungie, gets ratio'd to high heaven by actual latinos, attempts to silence detractors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bn6JBgR.png

They've hid several comments on the tweet in an attempt to silence some folks, but it seems they gave up and just let the post fester like a pile of dog shit that they didn't have the decency to clean up.

I remember them making a Black @ Bungie thing a few years ago as well, but latinos aren't taking this one lying down, because this madness needs to stop. The word is LATINO or LATINA. If they want to respect our culture, then respect our language FFS!

F7hJSeTXsAAdFq_

This will probably get locked but whatever, I thought this was hilarious.

The post shows an extra snippet for me:

Readers added context they thought people might want to know

"Latinx" no es representativo para la mayor parte de la comunidad latina."Latinx" es considerado ofensivo al ser creado e impuesto por ciudadanos Estadounidenses.Los términos correctos son "Latino, Latina" y más progresivo es "Latine"bbc.com/mundo/noticias…depauliaonline.com/45933/ladepaul…
That's rough, they should just delete this tweet or something

StueyDuck

Cringe as fuck

The sad thing is that the dumb arse pink haired social media idiots made this whole thing

While actual intelligent and talented developers who actually are coding and creating tools and engine features or designing gameplay and so on are getting their names dragged through the shit because of this.

Then that pink hair just gets another higher paying social media role and moves on after a year at the company and doing all the damage with no consequence

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Lots of LOLs here
I like the webpage Introducing Latin @ Bungie
Bitch? Are all your games going to be written and VA'd in Latin like the old Catholic masses my parents had to deal with?
What's with that logo? It's like 'White Power Stormfront' meets 'The Rainbow Brigade'
Love the Twitter community feedback on top of it all

Tams

The only Latin I know is the mostly written language that the Romans used.

-bam -bas -bat -bamus -batis -bant
-o -s -t -mus -tis -nt
-bo -bis -bit -bimus -bitis -bunt

And now you have the Roman Empire on your mind. You can thank me later.

P.S. Or your girlfriend can thank me later.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
With does latin/e/i/o/u/a/x/z/g even mean?
My guess is it’s more of a gender thing than nationality. In most Spanish speaking countries o is masculine and a is feminine. So Latino is masculine and Latina is feminine. abuelo is grandfather abuela Is grandmother, tio and tia uncle and aunt… señor señorita .. ect.

So x is probably some non-binary stupid made up shit because people like to use the term Latino for everything. And then every crazy needs their own gender letter..

Last edited:

El Sabroso

good on all people calling out those companies attempting with their bullshit of latinx, STFU bungie pendejo

Wth does latin/e/i/o/u/a/x/z/g even mean?

In spanish at least which is a latino language, we have female words which usually end with a (example: latina, amiga) and the progressive people use to end with e to include everyone, even when in spanish a "male" word which usually ends in o like latino refers as a group which includes both male and female in the same group. so is just a way to include us in the stupidity society been changing the way we speak to sound really more stupid

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I'm 100% about bring in representation but I'm so confused here. All I understand is lightning bolt. Maybe...

From what I gathered, Spanish is a language that refers to its speakers/residents as Latina or Latino - strictly gendered. This is just the way the language works. Actual spanish speakers call out Bungie, full of "priviledged white men/women/others" who use the west coast vernacular to remove the gendered connotations by referring to them as Latinx/e/z.

Essentially white people trying to virtue signal without understanding history, context, or the language itself and trying to push themselves as the arbiters of moral truth/justice while actual native speakers and folks they are trying to appeal to calling them out on their BS.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

My guess is it’s more of a gender thing than nationality. In most Spanish speaking countries o is masculine and a is feminine. So Latino is masculine and Latina is feminine. abuelo is grandfather abuela Is grandmother, tio and tia uncle and aunt… señor señorita .. ect.

So x is probably some non-binary stupid made up shit because people like to use the term Latino for everything. And then every crazy needs their own gender letter..

Doesn't matter. Latinos is a plural term that encompasses all. Just like Abuelos is grandparents.

MiguelItUp

The whole Latinx thing has been SO absurd, lmao. Every Hispanic person I've ever known (including myself), have thought that it's absolutely ridiculous and serves no purpose in the area of language and culture. But for whatever reason some folks try so hard to push it, what's great is seeing a lot of actual Hispanic folks call it out as ridiculous and unnecessary. I've never seen it get the opposite treatment which is beautiful IMO.

My girl is Dominican and a ton of my friends are hispanic. The only time Latinx has come up was ironically and to trash it. The irony of ultra-progressive white people coming full circle and telling brown people what to do again.

The do this shit with black and mixed people as well. Creating blanket moral and social standards we're supposed to be leaders of because...all minorities want the same thing because oppression? I don't know but lord, shut the fuck up with this kind of corny shit, nobody asked for it.

Kacho

That's extactly what it is. It's a classic case of radicals living in a bubble (primarily liberal white people) and they think the bullshit they care about resonates with normal people when it doesn't. Hence the blowback on this stupid tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom