• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King Debuting New Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
I want fries now.

I also want pizza after every pizza thread.

And fried chicken after every "Whats your favorite fried chicken, GAF?" thread

this thread blows my mind, for finding out some costco's serve fries! I want some now.

personally I liked the old bk fries. Whopper Jr with small fries was a good lunch. Will try new ones soon

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
this thread blows my mind, for finding out some costco's serve fries! I want some now.

personally I liked the old bk fries. Whopper Jr with small fries was a good lunch. Will try new ones soon

I would go out of my way to get costco fries. They are just THAT good. Really unlike any other kind most other places make.

Lirlond

Why are american chips always so thin? You can't beat big thick chips like the ones you get in a poke on a friday night!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why are american chips always so thin? You can't beat big thick chips like the ones you get in a poke on a friday night!

American "chips" are thin because they are the counterpart to your "crisps." American fries can come in a variety of sizes, of which the most popular is the style made famous by McDonalds. There are plenty of places that do thicker cuts of potato like those found in Europe, too. There are also styles called "Steak fries" and "Potato wedges."

We've got 'em all over here. The streets are paved with starch.

The Felo

Neo Member
Nothing really touches Costco fries.

dRlcr.jpg

I agree with this sentiment.

I also now now where I'm going for lunch today. Thanks dude.

FyreWulff

In America:

Chips = thinly sliced potatoes, usually baked
Fries = julienned potatoes, can be fried or baked

We do have restaurants that sell "fish and chips" that's exactly like the British make it. Nobody actually ever gets confused over that, amusingly.

also Taco John's Potato Oles = legal cocaine

morningbus

In America:

Chips = thinly sliced potatoes, usually baked
Fries = julienned potatoes, can be fried or baked

We do have restaurants that sell "fish and chips" that's exactly like the British make it. Nobody actually ever gets confused over that, amusingly.

Most chips I encounter are usually fried, or at least cooked by submerging them in oil.

And, oddly, most "crisps" I encounter are baked.

(crisps being a legal designation in the US when a chip is formed by mashing together a potato instead of slicing off a piece and coking it)

FyreWulff

Most chips I encounter are usually fried, or at least cooked by submerging them in oil.

And, oddly, most "crisps" I encounter are baked.

(crisps being a legal designation in the US when a chip is formed by mashing together a potato instead of slicing off a piece and coking it)

Well, I live in a heavily Mexican community, so a lot of chips around here have veered towards baked up tortillas and chips. But yeah, stuff like Lays and so is fried in something. I should get around to trying these new BK fries, but so far all reports seem to indicate is that they suck now :( All I have left is Hardee's curly fries.

morningbus

Well, I live in a heavily Mexican community, so a lot of chips around here have veered towards baked up tortillas and chips. But yeah, stuff like Lays and so is fried in something. I should get around to trying these new BK fries, but so far all reports seem to indicate is that they suck now :( All I have left is Hardee's curly fries.

If it helps at all, I hated the old Burger King fries, but find the new fries better.

I think they're still the worst out of the Big Three, though.

Full disclosure: my big three goes: Wendy's, McDonalds, Burger King. Your mileage may vary.

Canada. And their fries are better than any other chain place. Perfectly crispy, with spice and light batter on the outside. Moist on the inside. Perfection.

Where in Canada ? if its Vancouver address please so i can go there next time im up there

I tried the new BK fries.

Not the greatest, maybe actually bad. They are pretty bland, and needed salt as well.

Old BK fries were better. There were thicker though as advertised, hehe. Maybe they would be good to dip in some garlic mayo, who knows. Part of me is disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom