• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King Debuting New Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_chun

Well that sucks. Burger King had the best fries out of the big three (McD's, BK, Wendy's).

If these end up not being any good, I guess I'll just stick with Checkers and Arby's.

Log4Girlz

Yeah wedges are good and seem a lot harder to get wrong. But what I love to do at KFC is wrap the fries up in any spare skin and dip it all in gravy - amazing. I worship KFC's gravy.

Honestly KFC with McDonalds fries would be perfect.

I'm comin over.

BK fries were never good.. i remember the last time they changed them and they got worse. this is more doom and gloom for them... wendy's new fries are awesome!

Popeyes has good everything! Too bad you have to wait like 20 minutes, and all the cashiers have attitude.

except mac & cheese. popeye's mac & cheese sucks.

The only time I ever ate at Popeye's I felt incredibly ripped off. The food was expensive yet there was like, barely any of it there. It was good, sure, but the portion VS cost ratio was way out of whack.

I noticed they changed the fries just the other day and they were EXCELLENT. I personally love the new BK fries. It's great because the store I work at is just a block away and I often resort to BK when starving. There's a KFC right next door, but they are more expensive per meal, and usually more challenging to eat quickly (between customers) than a cheeseburger.

_woLf

So I just got some of these new fries. They're definitely bigger.

But all the flavor that made BK fries appealing over others is gone. They're so bland tasting. I've never had to actually add salt to BK fries to get some flavor out of them before.

Boooo :(

Can't improve perfection:
fries_large.jpg

I could go for some right now.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm honestly astonished that there are people who liked Burger King's old fries.

I have literally, at least once a month, for the last 15 years-or-so, found myself in a discussion with someone about how terrible their fries are. And I don't even eat at Burger King or fast food places.

Irish

Rally's used to have amazing fries, but for the last few years they have been nothing but flavorless grease sticks.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm honestly astonished that there are people who liked Burger King's old fries.

I have literally, at least once a month, for the last 15 years-or-so, found myself in a discussion with someone about how terrible their fries are. And I don't even eat at Burger King or fast food places.
Their fries were godlike from like 2002 to 2008ish or so.

Haha, american fries... It's either Bram Ladage or nothing.

WJzLt.jpg

bGu1r.jpg

Sorry dude. Nothing beats this place. [URL="http://www.yelp.nl/biz/vleminckx-vlaamse-friet-amsterdam"Vleminckx-vlaamse-friet-amsterdam[/URL] Once you have eaten fries there your life will never be the same. It's funny to see these USA citizens talk about shitty fries :)

Wizman23

Banned
Sorry dude. Nothing beats this place. [URL="http://www.yelp.nl/biz/vleminckx-vlaamse-friet-amsterdam"Vleminckx-vlaamse-friet-amsterdam[/URL] Once you have eaten fries there your life will never be the same. It's funny to see these USA citizens talk about shitty fries :)

Is that diarrhea or chocolate on those fries? Looks DISGUSTING

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Tried the new BK fries at lunch today, and they're terrible. They're like the old BK fries, but wider and crispier. You take a bad french fry and widen it, and you have a fry that's twice as bad. I'm going to write a yelp review and link it to Facebook to warn off any of my friends who are swayed by the marketing. McDonald's fries are still the best. I'm all for fast food innovation, but this is just bad.

VPhys

Less... salt? I don't think they get it!
what this man said. bk fries were bad when they reinvented them in the late ninety's . and based on what they said I think they will still be bad. best fries still go to mcdonald's and rally's if you want cajon.

My buddy and I went through their drive thru and got fries - when they asked if he wanted cheese or bacon on them he nearly shit himself

slit

Sheetz actually sells pretty good fries. Not the best or anything, but better than most of the major chains anyway.

If you're using vegetable oils for deep frying, your fries are going to suck ass regardless.
The fries I make are made from sweet potatoes dipped in beef tallow and bacon grease. Waaaayy tastier and healthier than what the fast food companies use.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
If you're using vegetable oils for deep frying, your fries are going to suck ass regardless.
The fries I make are made from sweet potatoes dipped in beef tallow and bacon grease. Waaaayy tastier and healthier than what the fast food companies use.
Bacon grease and beef fat is healthy? I guess I don't have to feel so bad about drinking it then.

BK and McD fries used to be exactly the same when I was a kid; then BK switched to those hardened whateverthefuck sticks however long ago. Never liked them at all unless drenched in ketchup. Glad they're gone. Haven't tried the new ones.

My favs have always been Arby's curly fries, though. Dip 'em in that horsey sause. Fuck yeah.

TDLink

wait wait wait..

COSTCO serves fries???

not where I live.

Different Costcos have different menus. I have been to some of the ones with fries and I have to agree, their fries are amazing. It is too bad it isn't one of their menu items that is at every store.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Costco fries? Where do you live. Are you supposed to eat them with hot dogs? Also my Costco doesn't have cups like that.

Canada. And their fries are better than any other chain place. Perfectly crispy, with spice and light batter on the outside. Moist on the inside. Perfection.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Smoke's has the potential to be the best, but they squander it by being lazy all the time. Their fries and gravy are always not hot enough when you get it which makes it taste less fresh than it could.

Also, yes, NYF has great poutine and works fries.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think I might start now.

I'll admit I called them that for a little while as a joke. But I doubt the number of people saying it ironically + the number of people saying it sincerely was ever greater than 51% of our population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom