• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpachi

WTS

Borderlands 2 Vita Code
Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo Code( i think you get the free game as well? i didn't looked into the steps.)
Im in US btw so NA codes(*Thanks Kuro)

PM any offers :D

n64coder

Gift payments are a little harder to do chargebacks with, but if you pay with a credit card and do a gift payment, you're always covered.

Gift payments are supposed to come out of your PayPal balance or your checking account. If you use the credit card, then PayPal will charge the person receiving the "gift" a fee. So if you're going to use the credit card, why don't you just do a regular paypal payment and add $1-2 to cover the fees?

I said fuck that and abandoned the PayPal account. Months later I made a new PP account and PP tracked it down and put hold it for the amount due. After that they sent claims after me and started harassing me by phone. I said fuck it and just paid them the $150 as it was hard to conduct buying and selling with PP.

How did they track you down? Did you use the same checking account? Or do you have to give PayPal your social security number? I would have opened a new checking/savings account and used that to prevent association with the old account.

i have sold and bought a bunch of stuff here, and have been a member for awhile now. I read the main board more then I post so i'm still a jr. but I think people have been happy to deal with me.
I hope it does not come to a "exclude juniors" thing. I guess I need to get more chatty :)

when people ask to be paid with paypal gift, I decline and I send the requested amount as well as the fees to make seller happy.

Prices are SHIPPED in the US
Paypal ONLY
NeoGAF Plus Seller

Syd of Valis - (complete with case, manual, cart) - $30
DJFBlcFl.jpg

Pokemon Y - (complete with cart, manual, case) - $25
Super Smash Bros Brawl - (disc and case only) - $15
mE1ssThl.jpg

Skies of Arcadia Legends - (disc only) - $34

Nier - (complete w/ case, disc, manual) - $33
wGackV7l.jpg

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - (complete w/ case, disc, manual) - $29
a0kErk8l.jpg

Pokemon Stadium 2 - (cart only) - $21
Pokemon Puzzle League - (cart only) - SOLD
ol5j0zjl.jpg

Mario Kart 64 - (cart only) - $23
Indiana Jones - (cart only, the cart has been cleaned up since the picture but it's still a former Blockbuster copy so there are rental stickers) - SOLD
9Q5xEHGl.jpg

Capcom Power Stick - (stick + cables only, this includes BOTH the NES and SNES adapters) - For Offer
BcQt6rVl.jpg

Ghostbusters Steelbook - $11
Pulp Fiction Steelbook - $11
8IBEXmWl.jpg

MANUALS
The manuals are in good shape with normal wear (none of these are mint), I'm happy to provide individual pictures if you're interested.

SNES:
Zelda: A Link to the Past: $9
Donkey Kong Country: $4
SMW2 Yoshi's Island: $6
Super Mario Kart: $6
Play It Loud (DKC/Starfox/Super Metroid) Poster: Free with another manual purchase

GB:
Pokemon Red/Blue: $9

N64:
Mario Kart 64: $5

1bCUIaol.jpg

There should be ways to enforce people to use Heatware or some other account verification program, to not only show that the userbhas some sort of feeback, but to show that they are willing to be kept track of. Axrually, we put restrictions as it is on juniors (can't start threads, etc) I think juniors should have restrictions placed on them also regarding this thread. You don't join GAF to buy and sell, or rather...you shouldn't be doing that. You should be joining the site to take part in the many discussions and conversations that happen on here. Being able to buy and sell is just an additional perk, and as is, you shouldn't be able to buy or sell as long as you're a junior. Prove (by passing the time limit and amount of posts, prove that you can be a decent poster, and you can be able to not only be a member but also be able to take part in this thread.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
There should be ways to enforce people to use Heatware or some other account verification program, to not only show that the userbhas some sort of feeback, but to show that they are willing to be kept track of. Axrually, we put restrictions as it is on juniors (can't start threads, etc) I think juniors should have restrictions placed on them also regarding this thread. You don't join GAF to buy and sell, or rather...you shouldn't be doing that. You should be joining the site to take part in the many discussions and conversations that happen on here. Being able to buy and sell is just an additional perk, and as is, you shouldn't be able to buy or sell as long as you're a junior. Prove (by passing the time limit and amount of posts, prove that you can be a decent poster, and you can be able to not only be a member but also be able to take part in this thread.

Well I think that's racist (my opinion may change in ten posts.)

SmokeMaxX

Gift payments are supposed to come out of your PayPal balance or your checking account. If you use the credit card, then PayPal will charge the person receiving the "gift" a fee. So if you're going to use the credit card, why don't you just do a regular paypal payment and add $1-2 to cover the fees?
You can use a credit card for a personal payment. I think the fee is roughly the same as a non-gifted payment with your bank account though. However, I think a non-gifted payment with your credit card is higher than a gifted payment with your credit card. If that's the case, might as well gift it with your credit card because it's not like you get any additional protections by sending the payment as one for goods/services.
Yeah, we just have to figure out if that will prevent more scams or if it will just cause more inconveniences to junior members. On the one hand, you prevent those who join Gaf just to sell stuff. On the other, you make it very difficult for someone who lurks more than posts or who is new to the forum to trade stuff.

Well I think that's racist (my opinion may change in ten posts.)

I don't see how that message is racist, as race has nothing to do with it. It's giving restrictions to members based on their rank. ie the same way Junior's can't create a thread.

But regarding rocketskates post, there are people who don't frequently use GAF as often as others and that is outside of anyone's control.

I know my opinion probably doesn't mean much as a junior on this issue, but I don't think that is a great idea. I have a good amount of positive feedback at other places, to be unable to buy things here would be kind of harsh. I feel that a juniors send first policy would be more fair imo. I just don't think it would be fair to let a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us, but oh well.

Danferno

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Monty Python references aside, I'd prefer things stay as is--slightly higher burdens on those with less feedback (ie shipping first, etc). Obviously, as a junior, this is self-serving. At the rate I post, it will probably be a few years before I make Member. I enjoy the NeoGAF community as a whole and I'd hope we could avoid limiting things to those who happen to be gregarious. This is just my perspective, however.

LQX

Positive feedback for kn1ves24. Great seller. Thanks!

Also, whoever is keeping track of feedback. MAJOR props. That thing must be a lot of work.

How did they track you down? Did you use the same checking account? Or do you have to give PayPal your social security number? I would have opened a new checking/savings account and used that to prevent association with the old account.

No, never gave them my SS. I think like Amazon though they track everything possible and I say that because by extension they locked my sisters account which had nothing to do with my account. And keep in mind my sister lives in another state from me but I guess I maybe logged into my account from her PC one time or another. That said, it most likely was my name and the fact my new IP pinged from the same area as the old. Cant do much running from a company that really wants their money, even if it is $150.

DontBlink

I don't see how that message is racist, as race has nothing to do with it. It's giving restrictions to members based on their rank. ie the same way Junior's can't create a thread.

But regarding rocketskates post, there are people who don't frequently use GAF as often as others and that is outside of anyone's control.

I'm sure he meant it as being discriminating towards juniors. I myself am a junior but have been dealing in this thread quite a lot and besides one case of an established member trying to scam me (which I got most of my money back, except the portion I paid as gift), I have had no issues dealing with other juniors, so completely shutting them out of the thread because of a couple other incidents would be unfair.

iHEO

Banned
sadly, the new web ui of paypal screwed up my settings i had when i had payment set up to default to non-gift. i switched back to the old version.

Even if it's a gift payment you still can file a dispute, just choose Unauthorized Payment, then provide any proof you have.

Looking to sell my Alienware M17x R3 laptop. It's in great condition, everything working. Looking to sell for 800 shipping included, shipping only in US, Paypal only. No international shipping please.
Specs:
16GB RAM
720GB HDD
Samsung 840 pro series 512GB SSD
AMD Radeon 6870m Graphics Card
Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20ghZ
Windows 7 64-bit OS
Note: This purchase also comes with a charger that does not have enough power to charge the battery but laptop can still be used with charger while plugged in. Buyer must buy a 240 watt charger to charge laptop!!! Any questions, PM me. Thanks

I'm sure he meant it as being discriminating towards juniors. I myself am a junior but have been dealing in this thread quite a lot and besides one case of an established member trying to scam me (which I got most of my money back, except the portion I paid as gift), I have had no issues dealing with other juniors, so completely shutting them out of the thread because of a couple other incidents would be unfair.

Oh that is probably it. Then I could agree. I'm not for the idea to restrict any members. I think everyone should always be cautious who they're dealing with. For me, I would use paypal and send money w the fees so if something were to happen, I can file a dispute. I'll do gift, if I've dealt w someone before and trust them.

Even if it's a gift payment you still can file a dispute, just choose Unauthorized Payment, then provide any proof you have.

I never needed to dispute with gift payment but this is good to know too

Junior bias is a bit unfair. It's like not selling to an eBay profile with 0 feedback or banning/kicking a newbie in an online game. Everyone starts from somewhere and if everyone is too distrustful how does anyone get to the point where they can hate on newbies?

Just do your due diligence: ask them for other forum profiles, be wary when a deal is too good to be true, get some form of guarantee when dealing with high-value items (e.g. ask for a picture), etc.

Bravely Default Collector's Edition - Like New ***SOLD**** via PayPal Gift

l6pSvet.jpg

7Ihp4FA.jpg

n4aLmYi.jpg

Basically bought this and decided it wasn't for me, didn't have the time, and really need the money. As far as it's condition, I've probably played the game less than 5 times and have opened the box itself twice now (second time to take these pictures!).
Once again, I literally work less than a minute from the post office here on my AFB, so I ship immediately. Thank again

bakeray

As I said earlier, I think the best course of action for right now would be just to add a section on how a buyer can protect himself in the OP (use a CC, how to do chargebacks, etc) or maybe a link to paypal's practices and make sure that people know about the Feedback list, maybe Bold it and add it to the beginning of the OP as well. Enact a policy where Juniors or people with lesser feedback send first.

The feedback list itself could use some work, as I stated before I don't know what it would entail to make an actual website for just a feedback system, but if that was feasible or possible to do we could have a profile page for each user w/ links to other relevant feedback they have.

Krammy

Positive Seller Feedback for bearcatjosh! Sold me a Neo Geo Pocket Color and a big chunk of games for an unbeatable price.
sHXtwhQ.png

Daria

Bump with the games still available. Also including some graphic novels:

WTS a ton of stuff. All prices include shipping unless you are interested in a bundle of items under $10 otherwise I will have to tack on $4 on top of it. Would prefer to ship in bulk but will ship off items piece meal as well. All games are in like new condition unless otherwise noted:

Payment sent for the MGS Collection.

dvolovets

I'm looking for a Gameboy Color, ideally with a few (good!) games for a fair price. Bundles on eBay include those lame Disney games -- not interested! Shoot me a PM if you have something that fits the description. :)

Geneijin

As I said earlier, I think the best course of action for right now would be just to add a section on how a buyer can protect himself in the OP (use a CC, how to do chargebacks, etc) or maybe a link to paypal's practices and make sure that people know about the Feedback list, maybe Bold it and add it to the beginning of the OP as well. Enact a policy where Juniors or people with lesser feedback send first.

The feedback list itself could use some work, as I stated before I don't know what it would entail to make an actual website for just a feedback system, but if that was feasible or possible to do we could have a profile page for each user w/ links to other relevant feedback they have.
I agree with most of what you suggested before and now, but junior member restrictions are too much. People need to be aware of the precautions they can use like chargeback more than further limitations. As a seller, it's one reason I more often than not prefer PayPal gift because those are harder to dispute.

You know the drill by now,

GAF Plus Seller and Buyer

I have gamer's club unlocked and elite plus at Best Buy, so I get 10% off used/20% off new games(not just new releases, any game that can be bought new) and free expedited shipping. This works with collectors editions as well.

I will also email the DLC to you if its not something that comes package with the game.

If anyone is looking for any new games at a cheaper price, let me know I would be glad to help.

All prices are before tax, as that is calculated based off of your location when the game is shipped to you.

Upcoming Pre-Orders/New Releases(Note: I can do other games, just listing newer ones that are out or coming out)

Sniper Elite 3(PS4/X1) - $39.99 before tax
Sniper Elite 3(PS3/360) - $32.99 before tax
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition(PS4/X1) -$47.99 before tax
EA Sports UFC(PS4/X1) -$47.99 before tax
Madden 15(PS4/PS3/X1/360) -$47.99 before tax
MLB: The Show 14(PS3/PS4) - $47.99 before tax
Mario Golf World Tour(3DS) - $23.99 before tax
Kirby Triple Deluxe(3DS) - $27.99 before tax
Amazing Spider-Man(PS3, 360 Wii U) - $39.99 before tax
Amazing Spider-Man(PS4) - $47.99 before tax
Dying Light(360/PS3) - $39.99 before tax
Dying Light(PS4/X1) - $47.99 before tax
Mario Kart(Wii U) - $47.99 before tax
Watch Dogs(PS3/PS4/360/X1) - $47.99 before tax
Wolfenstein(PS3/PS4/360/X1) - $47.99 before tax
Drakengard 3(PS3) - $39.99 before tax
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark(PS3/360) - $39.99 before tax
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark(PS4/X1) - $47.99 before tax
Murdered: Soul Suspect(PS3/360) - $39.99 before tax
Murdered: Soul Suspect(PS4/X1) - $47.99 before tax
Trials Fusion (PS4) - $31.99 before tax
Bound by Flame(PS3/360) - $31.99 before tax
Bound by Flame(PS4) - $39.99 before tax
Borderlands 2(Vita) - $31.99 before tax
Sly Cooper Collection(Vita) - $23.99 before tax
God of War Collection(Vita) - $23.99 before tax

And and other game you want, too many to list without taking up a ton of space, just let me know what your looking for and I will get you a price.

Also looking to trade a sealed copy of Saints Row IV(360) can add PayPal if needed

for

Dragon Dogma: Dark Arisen(PS3)

KiDdYoNe

WTS: Steam Gifts

header_292x136.jpg

The Witcher 3 - 30$

Tropico 5 - 30$
The Forest - 12$
Astebreed - 12$
Pandora: The First Contact - 16$
Killer is Dead - 14$
Transistor - 14$
RUST - 14$
7 Days To Die - 15$
The Stomping Land - 16$
1001 Spikes - 12$
Lifeless Planet - 15$
Dark Souls II Season Pass - 16$

Links from Bundles:

Risen 2: Dark Waters, Sacred 2: Gold Edition, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third - 5$
Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third - The Full DLC Package - 3$
Dead Island Riptide - 6$

Available if you read this.

EU Playstation Plus (PS+) 90 days subscription - 13$

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been pretty lucky in that I've always paid first and haven't been screwed yet. Kid may contact you about W3 as well (please keep the streak alive! D: )

It sucks that a few rotten apples have put a but of worry into the community. For the most part I've kicked myself for not checking here first. A lot of stuff I never ought would be here ended up here...

Barzul

3 R9 290 Asus Direct CUII $300, be ready for Witcher 3 ;-)

US48 Only Paypal

x3 R9 290 Asus DirectCU II $300 *No mining & Original Box*

ePiJJv9l.jpg

BY9nxC3l.jpg

If this is still here when I get my next paycheck on the 20th, I'll probably buy one. I do however hope you can find buyers before then.

52club

Mario Kart 8 code for one of the free games...looking for $18 via amazon payments or a Paypal gift. Check the feedback list for my flawless gaf bst record.

Narras

POSITIVE BUYER feedback for teeg. Sold him my Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo Pin #. With all the unfortunate talk about scamming folks, here's one for a positive experience.

Zing

Banned
I want to buy Guardian's Legend for the PSone.

I want to sell Geist for GameCube.

Send a PM if you are able to fulfill either desire.

Peagles

REPOST WTB

GBA GAMES [CIB]
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Rhythm Tengoku
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Ninja Five-O
Boktai 1 & 2
Riviera: The Promised Land
Final Fantasy V

N64 GAMES [CIB] NTSC preferred!
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Paper Mario

Bits and Bobs:
SNES Link to the Past map in good nick!
SNES Mint condition box for Chrono Trigger!
SNES Final Fantasy II map!

Also interested in CIB lots of NTSC NES, SNES, N64 and GC games, I'm living in a PAL land but seriously interested in buffing up my NTSC collections. PM me if you are looking to clear out, particularly if you have some of my wants above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom