• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty battle royale will release in early March.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It was suggested that Warzone could drop as soon as in the next few days, however VGC understands that the mode is “at least a few weeks away” and bar any unexpected delays, will most likely release in early March.

Given that Modern Warfare updates are typically deployed on Tuesdays, March 10 is the most likely candidate for Warzone’s release date.

When its release date arrives, Warzone will instantly unlock for all owners of Modern Warfare via a currently greyed-out menu item, US development sources indicated.

The battle royale mode will also be released as a standalone game for free, with the option for players to purchase an ‘upgrade’ to the full version of Modern Warfare.

Warzone will likely share unified progression with the existing Modern Warfare battle pass, with cosmetic unlocks also made available in the battle royale mode.

Sources close to the game’s developer indicate that official marketing plans for Warzone will start this week, when invited North American content creators visit the studio to play and capture the battle royale mode ahead of a future announcement.

MizzyLone

F2P, Alright i can finally test if this game runs on my Pc and if it does then I might as well start saving to buy it. Fingers Crossed, PLEASE WORK!

Arun1910

No longer than March because people will start leaving the game
What? In 4 weeks the 3rd season will start.

We still have more tournaments/maps/operators/challenges to do until then too.

These seasons have a lot of content, this season more than most. If they keep the same level of content up in Season 3, I see no reason for the playerbase to drop off.

Mista

Banned

These seasons have a lot of content, this season more than most. If they keep the same level of content up in Season 3, I see no reason for the playerbase to drop off.
Yeah sure but until when season pass content will keep players around? I haven’t got this season because they don’t want to fix the game so why waste my time?

drezz

I want it to be Free, have mates that never got the game and having them join me in some BR would be fun.

Granted, if it goes F2P we will have to deal with a never ending supply of cheaters.

Hope it turns out great and improves the BR genre.

I've basically dropped it until BR comes out. Multiplayer, other than Gunfight can get in the sea. Looking forward to that BR though.

Last edited:

Arun1910

Yeah sure but until when season pass content will keep players around? I haven’t got this season because they don’t want to fix the game so why waste my time?

They've fixed a lot of things that have been annoying since launch. It's not in the same state it was at launch but each to their own.

MiguelItUp

They've fixed a lot of things that have been annoying since launch. It's not in the same state it was at launch but each to their own.
This is exactly how I'm feeling. I've been playing on PC quite a bit since launch, and quite a number of things have been fixed. The only oddities I come across are mic volumes from other players, but I really don't care about that cause I mute everyone anyone as they're generally obnoxious, lmao.

I don't know how reliable the source is but if its true Activision fucked up. Why put a classified menu into the main screen if it isn't going to be accessed until mid-March? People have already gotten into Warzone by glitching/spamming the classified menu so we know Warzone is in the game. I don't buy this story because data miners found 8 weeks of challenges to complete in the Warzone files so why start those challenges midway through season 2? Especially when it's rumored to be Free to Play to push battle pass sales.

The game is already over 100GB. It's going to fill your entire HDD at this rate.
Lol tell me about it.

I have been deleting games off my SSD every time a new update is available for this game. At this rate i will be sat with only Modern Warfare on my 1TB SSD lol

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
This shit is so fucking stupid. Premiere game mode... that’s what? Overshadowed by a new game in 7 more months.

Top Bottom