• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I take a sec of your time and complain about apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewonandonly

Alright, so I bought a new Iphone 7+ because I had an upgrade, and don't get me wrong the phone is great. A big reason why I bought it tho was because I wanted those tight air pod bud's that I thought was going to come with. Instead it comes with ipod earbuds with a fucking wire that just has a lightning cable wire to plug into. Like what the FUCK!!!!!!

First off I can't connect these earbuds to fucking anything besides my phone. I love apple earbuds I think they sound great and they fit my ear perfectly. But when I cant use them on my MacBook pro, my iPad, or any of my schools macs, then that's a fucking problem. Like why not come with an adapter to change it to a 3.5 jack as well as the one it comes with. Or make the one it comes with be able to reverse so I can plug in these headphones anywhere.

Second off if apple is trying to push wireless ear buds so much then why doesn't this 1000 dollar phone come with a pair, like come on. I was in shock when I opened the box because I thought it was a no brainer that their new phone would come with their new headphones.

Sorry if this comes off as a pissy rant but that exactly what it is. Im still pissed about it and I bought this phone 2 weeks ago. Its just so annoying that my favorite kind of ear buds wont work anywhere else but my god damn phone. Like come on apple come on.......

Hoo-doo

Banned
You live underneath a fucking rock, I presume?

This was literally the most discussed tech news of 2016. You couldn't have missed this.
Yes it sucks. Adapters are 5$.

Thewonandonly

You live underneath a fucking rock, I presume?

This was literally the most discussed tech news of 2016. You couldn't have missed this.
Yes it sucks. Adapters are 5$.

Ya I dont follow much tech news besides gaming stuff. I guess it was my own fault but its still bullshit....

Amory

I mean, I think it's dumb they removed the 3.5 mm jack in the first place

but taking 2 seconds to read what comes in the box with your phone would've prevented this issue

Ignoring the headphone jack issue for a moment... you bought the phone thinking it was going to come with Air Pods, and that was Apple's fault? OK. Do some research before making huge purchases.

EDIT: Also... The 7/7+ come with a 3.5mm to lightning adapter.

Thewonandonly

Ignoring the headphone jack issue for a moment... you bought the phone thinking it was going to come with Air Pods, and that was Apple's fault? OK. Do some research before making huge purchases.

Well it was a free update and came with a 200 dollar gift card so it was a little bit of a on the spot purchase. But I remember how hard they were pushing the air pods so I thought it was only common sense that they would come with it, or at worse stick with the 3.5 jack. But no fuck everything lets use are charger port that only new devices use for are ear buds.

Also to adress your edit: I love this ear buds so i want to use them for everything but I cant. I guess I can buy an adaptor but I shouldnt have to, too use there ear buds on their own old devices.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Well it was a free update and came with a 200 dollar gift card so it was a little bit of a on the spot purchase. But I remember how hard they were pushing the air pods so I thought it was only common sense that they would come with it, or at worse stick with the 3.5 jack. But no fuck everything lets use are charger port that only new devices use for are ear buds.

Well guess what that 200$ gift card will buy you? A 5$ adapter or a set of airpods.

Servbot24

Banned
So you didn't do any research before buying your phone. At no time was it ever communicated that it came with wireless buds.

Also to adress your edit: I love this ear buds so i want to use them for everything but I cant. I guess I can buy an adaptor but I shouldnt have to, too use there ear buds on their own old devices.
Except you can, because there should be an adapter in the box. I'm in the US, maybe you're not? In the US all new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus phones come with exactly the adapter you're talking about. Lightning to 3.5mm.

NandoGip

It's completely your fault dude, how did you manage to miss all the talk about these for the last 6 months? There have been jokes about that and courage all over the place

One thing I hate about iphones though is the text selection system. How they haven't revamped that is beyond me.

Also the big ass volume icons. Come the fuck on

McLovin

Im due for an upgrade too but fuck that. I'll enjoy my cheaper bill and my ability to charge and listen for as long as my 6+ keeps working. If it breaks I'll go back to android. I honestly miss the freedom I lost when I switched.
Further more the 7 is a half step phone. My guess is they plan on adding wireless charging but decided to take the headphone jack early. I was outraged when I bought my 6+ and found out it didn't take micro-sd cards. So this kind of thing doesn't surprise me at all.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-7/specs/
meS6379.png

So what's the issue here, again?

A surprising amount of people truly believe that iPhone 7's come with AirPods. And they get mad when you say they don't

This is one of those situations. Hey OP, did you ASK anyone when buying the phone if they came with the wireless headphones?

Maximus.

Hahahah. Good job doing homework before you bought the phone. Do your due diligence and don't blame others for your misunderstandings. It's a company that makes a lot of money. What the fuck did you expect? The AirPods aren't even that expensive.

Yes, it sucks, but do a small amount of research before any future expensive electronics purchases.

He wants to be able to use the Earpods on other devices.
Oooooh. I had it backwards, thank you. They're terrible, so it never crossed my mind that someone would actually want to ruin the way their stuff sounds!

wanders

Op how pissed were you when you found out those earpods were actually wired? The packaging fools you into thinking they are air pods lol

04-iphone-7-earpods-with-lightning-connector.jpg

Thewonandonly

Oooooh. I had it backwards, thank you. They're terrible, so it never crossed my mind that someone would actually want to ruin the way their stuff sounds!

I mean I have a nice pair of headphones that I use for VR I forgot the brand but they were 300 so there preety good. Starts with a V I think like vemo or some shit, but I like the convinince of apple ear buds. Also for earbuds I think they sound preety damn good, or atleas compared to the cheap 20 dollar ear buds I usally get that sound like utter ass.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Rule of thumb, when buying any devices it's always best to do any research of the device itself and what it comes with.

My little Brother learned this the hard way when he found out that his S galaxy 6 lacked a mirco SD card slot and had to go through the hassle of sending the phone back and getting his refund.

alt-command is the worst of the worst and it's absolutely amazing how much third party software is needed to make a MacBook useful for anything other than netflix

also I enjoy my daily battles with Finder very much. Without heavy customization, god help you in doing anything with Finder.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I blame you more for going the past year living in a cave than for not "doing your research". How you weren't aware that the iPhone7 doesn't have a headphone jack blows my mind. That and Samsung phones exploding were the two biggest consumer tech stories of the year probably. I have a hard time blaming somebody for not looking for a headphone jack, though. If it weren't for Apple's "courage" I never would have imagined smartphone manufacturers would be removing them. It's one of those features I take for granted and would just assume every phone has.

Thewonandonly

I blame you more for going the past year living in a cave than for not "doing your research". How you weren't aware that the iPhone7 doesn't have a headphone jack blows my mind. That and Samsung phones exploding were the two biggest consumer tech stories of the year probably. I have a hard time blaming somebody for not looking for a headphone jack, though. If it weren't for Apple's "courage" I never would have imagined smartphone manufacturers would be removing them. It's one of those features I take for granted and would just assume every phone has.
Well I new it didn't have a iPhone jack that's why I thought it would come with the AirPods, but nope let's just use a ligtning jack so I can't use them anywhere :(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I will never understand people that do not actually research large purchases. When I am buying a new piece of electronics, I know the ins and outs before I ever hand over the cash.

KHarvey16

So the fact the relatively cheap pack-in headphones won't work on your other devices makes you this angry? That's...weird.

daviyoung

Banned
You thought the phone came with £150 earphones and now you're pissed off that the ones they do come with only fit your phone.

This is standard practice. The jack on the original iPhone was proprietary, the charging cables have all been proprietary, the software has all been proprietary. Why would the change now?

We're lucky they haven't developed proprietary wireless audio but I'm sure someone in Apple spent a few weeks writing a business case on it.

1) do your research, especially when making big purchases
2) the headphones included do NOT sound good, so this is a non-issue because ideally you'll replace them with something better anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom