• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time to discuss your Apple nerd. Tell us what you own thats Apple and rank them in order of your favorites

1) MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro chip - Fantastic beast and the sound coming from it blows my mind. I do not know how they did this. My fav device ever

2) Apple Watch Ultra - love this thing, lasts longer than my old one and the cellular is my fav part of it. On weekends the phone stays at home. At the gym it streams music to my headphones.

3) AirPods Pro 2nd gen - fantastic sound and love the trasparency mode. Tiny case

4) Iphone 15 pro max - great phone and the cameras are really nice. It's beautiful

5) Apple TV 4K - This one might deserve to be higher. It's so slick and wonderful to use.

6) iPad Pro M2 12.9" - great unit and overpowered to 100. Love it lots because with the keyboard it's a second tv and travel companion

7) 13.3" MacBook Pro 4 years old - I should sell this as it's an extra laptop but I won't because I love it

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
1. 13" MacBook Pro M1 16 GB RAM 1 TB SSD. Awesome little laptop.
2. 11" iPad Pro M2 256 GB
3. iPhone 13 Amateur since I don't need the bells and whistles of the Pro. I'll be upgrading this soon since my job pays for it.
4. AirPods Pro 2 lightning
5. 12.9" iPad Pro M1 512 GB
6. Apple Watch SE whatever the larger model is

I also have a handful of older devices laying around that I don't really use any more like a Mac mini from the mid 2010's, an iPhone 11, an Apple TV 4K since everything has the Apple TV app now, the last iPod touch model.

Last edited:

Puscifer

1) Airport Extreme
Everyone was saying it was the best router ever. It wasn't then they discontinued it

The end
The sheer performance level of it, though. But once Wi-Fi 6 came around even the most basic 80 dollar AX router tore it to pieces.

ReBurn

Gold Member
The sheer performance level of it, though. But once Wi-Fi 6 came around even the most basic 80 dollar AX router tore it to pieces.
Yep. Wifi routers were a thing Apple couldn't keep premium but they tried. I know people who bought the AirPort Time Capsule as well and stock routers ended up letting you plug in an external HDD and do the same thing for cheaper.

Last edited:

belmarduk

I love my M2 Macbook Air… eagerly awaiting M3! I don’t understand who tge 15 inch MBA is even for, though.

Other than that, I have an iPhone SE and its alright.

Trunx81

Current or past Apple stuff?

Current:
• iPhone XS Max, the goat
• MacBook from 2008 with SSD and 8GB RAM. Only the battery is crippled, rest works like a charm.
• AirPods Pro. Had to give them to my son as I was getting allergic reactions to them :(
• Runner up: iPhone 6s Plus, where my daughter is playing her games on

Older:
iBook G4
iPod 2nd Gen
iPod Shuffle (the chewing gum)
iPhone 1 till …
AppleTV 2nd Gen (the hackable)
AirPort Extreme (until it stopped working)

Cattlyst

iPhone SE 3. Keeping this thing as long as I can, have no interest in gigantic slabs of phone. I hope Apple releases an SE 4 for people who like to be able to hold a phone in one hand. Oh and a MBP M2.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
MacBook Pro Intel i9
iPad Pro M2 12.9 / 6th gen
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Apple Watch Series 9
Airpod Pros V2
Apple Pencil :messenger_beaming:

Rockondevil

Using:
AirPods 3rd Gen
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Magsafe Charger
Apple Watch 5th Gen
iMac 27" 2012

Wife:
Apple Watch 9th Gen
AirPods 3rd Gen
iPhone 12

Son:
iPad 9th Gen
iPhone X (turned this into a camera for my son)
Apple Pencil

Random drawer in the study:
iPhone 8
iPhone 6S
iPhone 6+
iPhone 5S
iPhone 5
iPhone 4
AirPods 1st Gen x 2
Apple Watch 3rd Gen
Apple TV 3rd Gen
iPad 2nd Gen

Dead but still in the drawer:
iPod Mini
iPod Shuffle
iPod Nano
iPad 8th Gen

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I'm the OP's poorer hillbilly relation.

1) MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 32GB | 1TB storage - my work / development machine and honestly the best laptop I've ever owned. I think I've ever heard the fan run on this thing. Dead silent and powerful. The future is ARM.

I also like the little MacOS things like shared clipboard across iCloud devices, and shared WiFi configs etc. Doesn't feel as bloated and intrusive as the typical Windows install. And I almost forgot Sidecar: a godsend when I'm away from home and I can just use my iPad as an additional screen.

2) Apple Watch 8 - best watch / Dick Tracy phone thing I've ever owned.

3) AirPods Pro 2nd gen - it just works and the handover between the different Apple devices is great.

4) iPhone 12 Pro Max - great phone but definitely showing its age battery health wise. Still takes some damn nice photos and I can't take a good photo for shit.

5) Nvidia Shield Pro. I'm assuming this device is better than an Apple TV 4K because I own it.

6) iPad Pro M1 12.9" - beautiful screen and it's simply rock solid. Totally overkill for just the basic YouTube and Nebula shit that it's mostly used for.

7) Apple Pencil 1 and 2 or whatever they're called - I've owned a few drawing tablets (bamboos through to Cintiq 21 behemoths etc) but the Apple Pencil has a super great natural feel - there's hardly any disconnect and feels almost as good as pen and paper. No joke.

NikuNashi

I own nothing apple. I will not get dragged into their eco system. I respect their design but can resist in favor of an open platform.

Little Mac

Gold Member
M1 MacBook Air. Upgraded the ram and gpu when I purchased it. Great laptop.

Iphone 11. Bought refurbished from Apple 2 years back. Good phone. Does it's job. No complaints. I'll probably upgrade in 2 years.

2018 iPad Pro that I rarely use. I use it for rain music next to my bed. Sometimes as a manga/comicbook reader. Thought about using it as a drawing tablet.

AirPods Pro. They're 2 or 3 years old and suddenly started dying a month or so back. Need to replace them with something soon.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Is there any other time you could have done that? I thought all upgrades were locked out now. Is that wrong?

Not that I'm aware of. I mentioned the upgrades because they really have made a big difference in everyday use. Still feels snappy and I don't see myself upgrading for another 3 or 4 years.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
iPad.
iPhone.
Apple Watch.

I honestly think they are about as valuable and useful as each other, in different ways.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Not that I'm aware of. I mentioned the upgrades because they really have made a big difference in everyday use. Still feels snappy and I don't see myself upgrading for another 3 or 4 years.
Oh right, yeah, I think my machine will last for ages, so nice to not even be aware of headroom. I've never seen the sorts of system overload messages I used to get on my old machine.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Mac Pro 2012 running Mojavie, the last great Mac Pro they released.
Let's be honest the last one they released was epic. It's just it could cost the same as a brand new family saloon. And not a cheap one at that!

I'm interested to see what they do when they inevitably release a Mac Pro with an M processor, how they'll price it and who it'll be for. Everyone I work with had Mac Pros or top spec imacs but they've all moved over to Apple Studios now with no complaints.

EDIT: They already have! It just goes to show how unnecessary it must be, nobody I know was even talking about it! This one tops out at a mere £12k too, a bargain! :p

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
iPhone 3G, 4, SE, SE2 and now 15 Pro.

Also had first and 2nd gen of iPad but after buying the 15 Pro I barely use my iPad any more so from now on I'll prolly go iPhone Pro Max only in the future.

Wasn't a big fan of the phone size at first but have adapted by now. Actually loving my 15 Pro. Great pieces of hardware, even though it's way to expensive.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Current:

iPad Pro 11”. Brilliant tablet as usual, I appreciate the fast refresh rate and the snappiness. But it burns through the battery much faster than lesser models. I used to go 3 days between charges with regular and Air models, the Pro lasts maybe 2 days with the same usage.

Macbook Air M1. Fast, silent and tremendous battery life, yes. But the ergonomics are trash compared to mid-2010s models, the keyboard gave me wrist issues I never had before. The lack of a dedicated recharge port is silly too, and the proprietary silicon gave me some headaches with software. UI is also a step back compared to the past. Most of all, I absolutely hate the lack of a dedicated keyboard light button. At least the screen doesn’t have a notch.

Past:
2014 Macbook Air. Fantastic, except for screen resolution. It had an almost perfect keyboard, several ports, MagSafe recharge cable. The battery was incredible and it lasted 7 years before getting faulty (replacements last half as much on a good day). I used it so much, while I dread the very idea of spending an hour typing on the M1.

Ipad. Owned several of them since the very first model. The Air had the best price/performance ratio of all. My most used piece of tech of the decade, bar none. I use an iPad practically daily.

iPod. I had a Gen 3 iPod with clickwheel, then a Gen 5 before switching to the Touch. The HDD-based ones gave me some issues and my Gen 5 ruined a couple of IEMs. Probably an electrical issue that made the left earpiece lose volume and just stop working after a while. I went through several Touch models, enduring the several idiosyncrasies of Apple’s default Music app, before the app became basically an Apple Music frontend and the device became almost unusable for anyone who has their own digital music collection. Pity, because the iPod was really good until then.

1.) Apple TV 4k
2.) iPhone SE 3 (I must have the button!)
3.) latest iPad Air w/ Magic Keyboard
4.) Apple AirPods Pro (these are actually trash, but I use them daily). (Apple Store called me a “power user” and that is why i burn thru a pair of AirPod pro’s annually.
5.) Apple Watch

I have always owned Apple since 1999 iMac.

Last edited:

simpatico

Air Pods: First gen still kicking. These are the only ear buds in the world that aren't uncomfortable for me. Can't do the Pro model, but the original shape is just perfect for my ears. 1 pod in all day at work listening to audio books and podcasts

iPhone 13 Pro Max: "It just works"

Macbook Pro 2017. Cheapest model available. Suits me great because all I use it for is media consumption in hotel rooms. Lovely screen and trackpad. Still haven't figured out how to properly navigate OSX, but as long as I can find the Brave icon, my needs are met. The lack of a proper file explorer is appalling, but again, I just use it for browsing the net and watching youtube vids.

Last edited:

Kings Field

I have the 14 pro max with the 15 pro max on the way Friday after being on backorder for almost a month.

I also have the newest ear buds. They're nice but I only use them in the gym.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
1) iPad Pro 11 inch (m2 version) use this as my main computer
2) Apple TV (4k) Watch everything on it
3) Apple Watch ultra 2 best watch ever, well if have 1st one pointless to upgrade
4) iPhone 12 Pro Max prob upgrade soon
5) air pods 3 don’t like the pros
6) Home pod mini good for some tunes and rain sounds at night.

dottme

I’m using:
iphone 12 mini. and I don’t know what I will move to after now that they stop the mini line.
iPad Pro 11inches - fantastic for a basic laptop replacement.
Mac Studio - great computer.
Apple TV 4K first gen
the original HomePod.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I have the M1 13 inch 8gb ram MacBook Air. My first Apple laptop. My wife bought it for me. I really like it. I don’t play games on it but use it for teaching myself editing. It runs smoothly. Boots up fast. The screen is lovely.

She had an old apple laptop from 2013 and it recently just died. Despite the age and it took forever to load once it started up it was working well.

I hope my M1 has long legs.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Everytime I buy a non apple laptop I regret it. Though it's not that they are without their own issues. But at least there is an apple store I can take it to to get it fixed

Tams

1. iPod Mini second gen
  2. iPod Shuffle third gen
  3. iPhone 5s
  4. iPod In-Ear Headphones (2004-2008).
They all worked well. I don't buy Apple products anymore though because of how locked down and anti-consumer they are.

They make some great products, but they are an arrogant and shitty company. Also massive tax dodgers. Fuck 'em.

NekoFever

1. MacBook Pro 14” M1 Pro - Best laptop I’ve ever owned. Still feels as impressive as it did when I got it, battery life is ridiculous, I just love it. Work gave me a comparably specced Windows laptop because they didn’t want me using my personal machine and that thing weighs a ton, sounds like a jet engine just sitting at the desktop and has a 1.5 hour battery life.
  2. iPhone 14 Pro - Great phone. I don’t upgrade that often but got this one because I wanted the better camera for a vacation.
  3. iPad Pro 11” M1 - My favoured device for lounging around watching and reading stuff. Like the MBP, I don’t feel I’m anywhere near pushing its limits and so it still feels top of the range a couple of years later. Might consider an upgrade for OLED or MicroLED when available as LCD in the dark is my only complaint.
  4. Apple Watch Series 5 - Could do with an upgrade as the battery isn’t what it used to but still fine. I like it as a fitness tracker and portable music/podcast device when I don’t want to carry the phone.
  5. HomePod Mini - My office speaker. Sounds decent and it’s a handy AirPlay device. I like how it integrates with everything else, which is why I went with it.
  6. Apple TV 4K - No strong feelings. It’s just a solid streaming box. Most of my digital movies are on iTunes because it has the best PQ, but now that various platforms support iTunes movies I might look elsewhere when the time comes for a new one.
I’ve been a Mac user since about 2003 (and the same macOS installation has followed me across upgrades since then) so it would be a long list if I ran through everything 😅

Last edited:
Top Bottom