• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I take a sec of your time and complain about apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenck

Why would you ever believe that they'd give you a free pair of the wireless EarPods? They're not cheap so of course they're not going to give them away.

So hang on a minute. You had a Macbook and iPad already, which makes me want to believe you previously had an iPhone.

Where are the earbuds that came with those? Use them with the adapter.

I refuse to believe a person exists that thinks apple would give away their brand new moneymaker wireless earbuds for free with a new iphone when they've only ever given super cheap wired earbuds since the beginning

That's on you OP. It really is. Do your research before buying

chekhonte

this is why I bought an iphone 6s even after the iphone 7 was out. I will not buy a phone that doesn't have a headphone jack.

cwmartin

Complains about spending 1000 on a phone, gets $200 back as a giftcard, then immediately buys 3 games that would have been the same cost as the airpods he wants.

Yep, this is a GAF thread alright.

You should do yourself a favor and just save your money.

Martian

If OP ever wants someone else to take care of his finances, I will be more than happy to take the burden of money off you.

Seriously, if you ever feel the urge to spend 1000 dollars on a random dude on the internet without doing research, I am the person you need!

Thewonandonly

If OP ever wants someone else to take care of his finances, I will be more than happy to take the burden of money off you.

Seriously, if you ever feel the urge to spend 1000 dollars on a random dude on the internet without doing research, I am the person you need!
Well it's a payment plan of 25 a month so it's not like I spend 1000 right then and there. I mean I've never seen a 1000 in my bank account :O

This is a shitty and invalid complaint.

What *IS* a valid complaint is that since iOS 10 launched I've experienced nothing but headaches with third party bluetooth headphones. From skipping, popping to the point of being unlistenable for 10-30 seconds when it occurs. I swear it happens during CPU activity. Apple pushed some updates to "fix" it but it still hasn't worked for me. I'll check on iOS 10.3 tonight as I tossed my Sennheisers in a drawer since they became fucking useless. Problem never happened on iOS 9.x

What I never expected with iPhone 7 plus 256gb is for a free 150$ pair of bluetooth earbuds to come with them. And honestly if you have a grand to drop on a phone don't bitch about 150$ for earbuds.

Every review states that the new headphones included with the 7 were wired lightning.

Apple gave you a pair of headphones that work with the phone AND an adapter to use your existing headphones.

If you bought the iPhone for a pair of headphones to use with your other devices, you fucked up.

Apple gave you a pair of headphones that work with the phone AND an adapter to use your existing headphones.

If you bought the iPhone for a pair of headphones to use with your other devices, you fucked up.
He wants a reverse-adapter. Female lightning to 3.5mm, to use the EarPods with other devices. What he wants both doesn't exist and would likely cost more than the EarPods themselves because of the conversion required.
Wait what, you took a 3,5 year payment plan for an iphone? Is that normal in the US?
Is anything about this thread normal to you?

To answer your question, no, it is not normal.

icespide

Banned
Op how pissed were you when you found out those earpods were actually wired? The packaging fools you into thinking they are air pods lol

04-iphone-7-earpods-with-lightning-connector.jpg

I will admit this is kinda fucked up haha

You should have paid more attention but yeah, I could see how you thought Apple would just throw those in. Since they have such a long history of giving customers more stuff for less money...wait.

Well it's a payment plan of 25 a month so it's not like I spend 1000 right then and there. I mean I've never seen a 1000 in my bank account :O

star-trek-face-palm-picard.jpg

My dude, if you never seen a G in your bank you shouldn't be dropping one on a phone. But I mean do you.

Just hope you didn't buy it from here...
Rent-A-Center_r470x260.jpg

Sarye

To be clear to everyone, payment plans for phones are not weird in the US. It is essentially an interest free loan as the payments are just split over a period of 2 years.. (or in OPs case, 25 months)

Pagusas

Elden Member

... ....

Just curious, do you have health insurance?

To be clear to everyone, payment plans for phones are not weird in the US. It is essentially an interest free loan as the payments are just split over a period of 2 years.. (or in OPs case, 25 months)

The thing a lot of us are commenting on is he doesnt even have 1k in the bank yet he's making this type of purchase.

How does the total cost of the installments compare to the cost of buying it outright?
Exact same cost, or different?

The thing a lot of us are commenting on is he doesnt even have 1k in the bank yet he's making this type of purchase.

Nah, not that he doesn't even have 1k in the bank right now. Just that dude ain't never seen it in his account. Ever. But buying a 1k phone on credit. I mean to each their own. I'm sure OP is a good person I'm just saying that should be a red flag to anyone trying to live within their means.

How does the total cost of the installments compare to the cost of buying it outright?
Exact same cost, or different?

Same cost I think. The benefit for the carrier is they get to lock you into a contract without having to call it a contract. You're free to go any time you want as long as you pay that phone off lol.

And they don't have to subsidize the cost of phones anymore. So now the user carries that burden directly.

I'm 20 give me a little slack ;) gotta pay for college and stuff

Ah, gotcha. Makes sense now. Focus on your grades and when you get out and get a job buy all the wireless headphones you want.

Salmonax

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't work that way. Sorry. Yes, it's screwy that Apple doesn't even have a unified standard across their own hardware.

Reckheim

If you're buying a $1000 phone when you have no money, you got bigger problems then not having wireless headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom