• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I take a sec of your time and complain about apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzKeeg

Don't forget spending the $200 gift card on "3 games [he'll] never play"

Seriously. This guy's finances are giving me anxiety.

OP, how far into college are you? Because I made some dumb economic choices when I was in freshman year (spent about 2 grand on shit I didn't need and didn't get a job until I had no cash), but I never signed a contract for recurring payments. Those affect your credit you know.

Vuze

Lol total thread backfire.

Honestly I'm surprised anyone would even think wireless AirPods would come with an iPhone.
More than you'd think. It's astonishing how many people don't read up seemingly anything for purchases in that price range.

(Also: installment plans for phones rub me the wrong way, don't see why you would buy an expensive luxury item when you don't have the cash outright)

Why is everyone jumping down the OP's throat? Geez. The advertising's confusing. It's Wii/Wii U but for Apple. I only knew when I bought mine. My gf assumed they were wireless though because it's in all the advertisements. I've known people that thought the Apple Watch came with the iPhone when that first launched too.

Who buys an almost $1k device and doesn't even watch one unboxing video?
probably most
Right? Who wants to watch someone else fumble with plastic? Who enjoys that? A more reasonable approachwould be to just ask the sales associate what comes in the box next time.

LeleSocho

Banned
Why is everyone jumping down the OP's throat? Geez. The advertising's confusing. It's Wii/Wii U but for Apple. I only knew when I bought mine. My gf assumed they were wireless though because it's in all the advertisements. I've known people that thought the Apple Watch came with the iPhone when that first launched too.

i'm speechless.

Right? Who wants to watch someone else fumble with plastic? Who enjoys that? A more reasonable approachwould be to just ask the sales associate what comes in the box next time.

...really speechless.

LeleSocho

Banned
you think it's a reasonable thing to expect most people to seek out unboxing videos?

I think it's essential that if you are making a purchase of a certain monetary importance that you look into what you are getting, be that looking an unboxing video, reviews, the website of the product or whatever.

I think it's essential that if you are making a purchase of a certain monetary importance that you look into what you are getting, be that looking an unboxing video, reviews, the website of the product or whatever.

I wonder how many Gaffers bought the new 3DS not knowing it had no charger?

I'm due for an upgrade soon too. Hopefully Apple comes out with 8 by then and it has a minimalistic bezel too like Samsung's, otherwise I'm gonna gaze with envy at people holding Galaxy 8s.

Who buys an almost $1k device and doesn't even watch one unboxing video?
I tinker on computer shit all the time as my main hobby, but I think I've maybe watched one unboxing, ever, for the iPhone 4, basically just to confirm if those really early leaks were real.

There's probably a generation gap here. I'd rather just read about stuff and see a few good photos than sit and watch videos. So, your point still stands!

Costa Kid

People bashing Apple's EarPods on here sound like those people who said the Bang & Olufsen in the Audi A3 sounds trash. Is it hyperbole or are they actually serious?

redlegs87

0% interest, why not stretch it out?

Because things happen in life and people all the sudden can't afford their phone bills that include the installment plan. Then they usually end up having their accounts get suspended then cancelled due to not being able to pay at that point the remaining balance of the phones is dropped on top of your past due amount. Then it goes to collection and hits your credit. I will always be of the if you can't afford it now don't get it when it comes to things like phones the one exception is if you can make a decent down payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom