• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you no longer share PS Plus between PS5's?

Tommi84

LczIHu3.jpg
what are you talking about?

LczIHu3.jpg
what are you talking about?
This part:

"

How to share PlayStation Plus benefits​

You can share certain PlayStation Plus benefits on one PS5™ console and one PS4™ console.
  • On your PS5 console, enable the Console Sharing and Offline Play setting.
PS5 Console Sharing and Offline Play
  • On your PS4 console, select the Activate as Your Primary PlayStation 4 setting.
Activate a primary PS4 console
PlayStation Plus support

PlayStation Plus benefits that can be shared​

While you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you can share selected benefits on one PS5 console with Console Sharing and Offline Play activated, and one PS4 console that is activated as your primary PS4 console."

None of this is saying you can share anything on 2 PS5's

It looks like how it works hasn't changed they just changed the wording. Instead of the primary thing now you are designating one console for "Console Sharing and Offline Play."

You always had to indicate only one PS4 or PS5 as your primary console, and the sharing occurred because on the second console you would be logged in to your PSN account and have access that way.

DeepSpace5D

I believe it’s only sharing for one console. I have two PS5’s and have to choose which one I want sharing on, since I’m the only PS+ subscriber in the house.

Last edited:

squarealex

Settings PS5's like this :

PS5 at yours = Secondary Console PS5 (I suppose you only play with you account)
PS5 at yours son = Primary Console PS5 (He can use PS+ and game you are buyed)
Refresh Licence on both consoles
???
Have fun

Tommi84

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I just got a 2nd PS5 within the last couple weeks, so what happens is on your PRIMARY/HOME PS5 console, people will be able to play the games downloaded to the console regardless of the profile being used, on the second console you'll only be able to play when you're actually signed in to your profile. So you want to set your kids PS5 up as the primary console.

Don't scur me like that! If they were to stop people sharing digital games, that would probably mean a real end to physical media for good. I'm so not ready for that.

Top Bottom