• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announced Path of the Goddess. Coming Day One to Game Pass | Xbox Showcase 2023

YukiOnna

A little more information since the site has gone up: https://www.kunitsu-gami.com/en-uk/
It is listed as single player title. Listed for: PS5/Steam/XSX&S/Windows+Game Pass

About

Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess is a brand-new title which upholds Capcom’s legacy of original and innovative works. This labor of love follows in the tradition of truly unique titles such as Okami and Shinsekai: Into the Depths.

Explore an incredible world in which traditional Japanese aesthetics are brought to stunning life by the power of RE Engine. Enjoy a unique gameplay experience blending action and strategy. Witness an epic clash between the spirit realm and mortal man.

Witness an epic clash between the spirit realm and mortal man, as the villagers fight to cleanse the holy mountain on which they live. Foul creatures called the Seethe have besieged the mountain, drawn to the defilement that has spread throughout the villages. To purify the land and seal away the Seethe, the Spirit Stone Maiden must perform a rite of cleansing—but she requires a guide to clear her path.

Story

A new tale of the Kami awaits…

This sacred mountain has been defiled by the people who dwell upon it.

Their defilement spreads across the land as a physical blight, beckoning forth foul creatures called the Seethe.

The Spirit Stone Maiden is prepared to perform a rite of cleansing, but she needs a guide to clear her path…

about_img01.jpg

about_img04.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Always down for unique looking new IPs, and Capcom has been on a hot-streak lately. Count me in.

baphomet

From what they’ve described it’s action with real time strategy elements.

Looks like it has something to do with choosing a path through what look to be small arenas and clearing out those arenas for the goddess to be able to pass through them. Probably strategizing to make the path both clearable, but also finished as quick as possible. It also wouldn't surprise me if it were a roguelite.

Sick art style, but it's definitely an A or AA budget game.

Top Bottom