• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Showcase was watched by nearly 2.4 million people

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyxhBQlaEAAcnC5

Expectedly, it was the Xbox Games Showcase & Starfield Direct 2023 that ended up as the most popular event. Thanks to news on games like Fable and Clockwork, as well as the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 DLC, it did 2.3M Peak Viewers. This also made it the most popular exhibition in terms of average online viewers among the four editions held so far. Of course, there were also updates on huge titles like Starfield, Persona, and Star Wars, meaning interest among fans was pretty high.

The Summer Game Fest 2023 was second on this list, hitting just over 2 million concurrent viewers at the peak. This was because the audience's attention was attracted by Mortal Kombat 1’s first gameplay trailer, details about Marvel's Spider-Man 2, the announcement of Sonic Superstars, and trailers for the new parts of Alan Wake and Path of Exile.

Coming in third was the Ubisoft Forward 2023, the only other gaming conference to pass 1M PV, thanks to more details on titles like Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and The Crew Motorfest. This helped it pick up the slack of last year’s event, which is the least popular in the series, but with so much to look forward to in 2023, the stats are looking up.

Other popular gaming conferences were the Capcom Showcase Livestream 2023, which did 658K PV, and the PC Gaming Show 2023, which recorded 622K PV. At the former, fans got a taste of games like Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Exoprimal, Dragon’s Dogma II, and Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. The PC Gamer Show displayed information on titles such as Nivalis, Teardown, Warhaven, and Frostpunk 2.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Because they specify they’re focused on Summer. Which starts in June.

No conspiracy, since they also track the Sony showcase in another article. 2.6 million peak viewers, so not exactly out of range.

I understand the context now it was just weird to me because the graph talks about gaming conferences.

Surprised the peak viewers is so close considering total views are very different.

Ozriel

M$FT
I understand the context now it was just weird to me because the graph talks about gaming conferences.

Surprised the peak viewers is so close considering total views are very different.

I’m a bit surprised too. Probably also helps that MS show is on a weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

feynoob

Banned
Not these viewership count.
We have enough from pixelated count and now we are getting to views and search numbers.

feynoob

Banned
Not bad, great show. Hopefully it reflects in positive buzz and sales of the consoles. The need to get the ball rolling on sales for 2023 and beyond now. See if they can get back to being the best selling xbox.
It all rides on Sep 1 2023.
This is the day that Xbox would transform. If MS can capitalize on that day, it should be OG xbox again.

Chronicle

I'm not in the Microsoft ecosystem anymore but I'm telling ya that Starfield is gonna be a winner. We all love Fallout and Skyrim. It just can't go wrong with those ingredients. The Xbox showcase was better than my Sony showcase in terms of Console heavy hitters.

Well, considering it was the beat showcase bar none you would hope people watched it.
If they couldn't get people to watch that one with all the anticipation there was around it, then they might as well pack it up.

Eotheod

That June timeframe is kinda meaningless but whatever makes you feel like a winner, I guess.

Post-streaming numbers for PS trailers are x2 from Xbox, roughly.
It's a streaming-specific website that does monthly round-up's or specific collection pieces. There isn't a conspiracy here people, it literally says the "June" period due to a) start of summer in America and b) that's when those showcases actually happened. They even had a PlayStation one last month just to make you feel okay in your warrior camp mate, don't stress and lose a pebble.

Xbox fans are allowed to have some joy, it is good to have all three healthy competitors and not one getting fat.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
They even had a PlayStation one last month just to make you feel okay in your warrior camp mate, don't stress and lose a pebble.
Even from a reporting perspective it lacks a little bit of context. Not every critique is based around console warring.

Ozriel

M$FT
That June timeframe is kinda meaningless but whatever makes you feel like a winner, I guess.

Post-streaming numbers for PS trailers are x2 from Xbox, roughly.
Even from a reporting perspective it lacks a little bit of context. Not every critique is based around console warring.

Yours clearly is. They clearly state it’s for the Summer, which starts in June. It’s their business model to track streaming stuff and they aren’t affiliated to any console, so your ‘whatever makes you feel like a winner’ line makes no sense.

Last edited:

Three

Because they specify they’re focused on Summer. Which starts in June.

No conspiracy, since they also track the Sony showcase in another article. 2.6 million peak viewers, so not exactly out of range.
Seems kind of dumb especially as the meta description has this to try and get search traffic

"The first two weeks of June saw numerous gaming conferences taking place as part of the summer activities, with the likes of Sony, Ubisoft, and Capcom in action"

I don't think anybody would have an issue with a late May showcase being included as the summer gaming conferences. Why they limited it to June specifically and mentioned "Sony in action" but not included them is kind of weird.

Ozriel

M$FT
Seems kind of dumb especially as the meta description has this to try and get search traffic

"The first two weeks of June saw numerous gaming conferences taking place as part of the summer activities, with the likes of Sony, Ubisoft, and Capcom in action"

I don't think anybody would have an issue with a late May showcase being included as the summer gaming conferences. Why they limited it to June specifically and mentioned "Sony in action" but not included them is kind of weird.

None of that is in the article, so it's clearly an error to put Sony, especially when Microsoft isn't mentioned.

The article doesn't mention Sony, nobody claims the Sony showcase as part of Summer Games Fest It seems to be a Summer, monthly cutoff they've gone with... Can't see any logic in anyone going with a conspiracy theory there especially when the streaming numbers are that close between Xbox and Playstation showcases.

Three

None of that is in the article, so it's clearly an error to put Sony, especially when Microsoft isn't mentioned.

The article doesn't mention Sony, nobody claims the Sony showcase as part of Summer Games Fest It seems to be a Summer, monthly cutoff they've gone with... Can't see any logic in anyone going with a conspiracy theory there especially when the streaming numbers are that close between Xbox and Playstation showcases.
It's in the meta description for when you link or search. I have no idea why they've done that. Look at the first post.

Last edited:

Kusarigama

FyxhBQlaEAAcnC5

PlayStation showcase happened in May but it was still part of the same season. Without counting that one in, this chest beating number show is moot. Even though it was criticised by majority, It would have been the most watched event of the bunch.

feynoob

Banned
PlayStation showcase happened in May but it was still part of the same season. Without counting that one in, this chest beating number show is moot. Even though it was criticised by majority, It would have been the most watched event of the bunch.
These type of stats is pointless most of the time.
PS has more online fanbase, so it will dominate any online data numbers.
This website represents a tiny bit of that data.

Top Bottom