• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

n00b here, mains so far are shanoa and soma cruz. Bought all of the DLC maps at that price. I guess the money i saved from the DOTW makes HoD + 5 Maps a little bit over the standard 1200 points, i think its worth it. My gamertag is Loko Moi MX, if anyone wants to party up.

I picked up all the extra stages plus Fuma and Simon Belmont. Those two are now my favorite characters, Fuma especially. His stage is pretty cool too.

Nekobo

I played with a group of Japanese players the other night. They were super polite (they always revived me when I died) and even waited for me to reach the boss before starting the fight. The only drawback was they host only wanted to play Chapter 11 on Hard.

Questions...what are the hidden cards used for? How do I improve my movement speed? I have mercury boots, but I was still moving way slower compared to the other players.

I'm starting to get bored of using Soma, so I'm going to switch over to Charlotte soon. Any tips on how to advance with her?

I'll probably be online at night (8pm PST) throughout the week, so if you guys wanna hit me up, my gamer tag is Nekobo. I have all the DLC levels and I don't rush bosses. I also have Bangai-O HD if you guys want to partake in other forms of 2D madness, haha

jgkspsx

This has become one of my favorite 360 games. Yeah, it's dumb fun compared to real Igavanias, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I am feeling the urge to pick up at least Julius, since everybody seems to use him.

Gaspode_T

Fuma's stage is way too hard for a newbie, I actually tried to play through it while wearing the invisible cape and everyone must have been laughing at me because I got super owned pretty quickly LOL. I love playing as Fuma too

Game is still pretty popular in Japan...there are a lot of threads on 2ch about it, I have a friend who is one of the top ranked players and he plays it almost every day...

You might have to go to custom match to find one of the matches with those players

The Castlevania 1 stage or more specifically Retro Dracula Hard is still the hardest boss in the game.

I've done everything else except for that asshole. I can never get the fireball pattern down.

desa

What is up with the matchmaking in this game? Had plan a six man session with a few gaffers and friends but I couldn't join a team. When I accept a game invite it'll take me to the matchmaking screen and ends up unable to search for at team, but I can connect just fine in random matches. I even opened up my ports to no avail. After 40 minutes, I said fuck it.

krakov

Nekobo said:
I'm starting to get bored of using Soma, so I'm going to switch over to Charlotte soon. Any tips on how to advance with her?

Mostly grinding in single player. Advancing with Charlotte in multiplayer doesn't work well, except for loot.

Foffy

Banned
That's going to be swell for PS3 owners.

I just hope they don't add stuff that makes me have to rebuy all of it again. ):

Slermy

Played some of this over the weekend, didn't have much trouble getting into games. Most people seem to be grinding out the pyramid level though.

Also, I really like the Origins level. Lots of retro souls for Soma to collect and a bunch of 8-bit music is included as well. A shame you can't change the music for the downloadable levels like you can for the first six chapters.

Kaldea

The only reason why I'd get it for PS3 is for the local multiplayer since I already have it on Xbox. How likely is it that they'll add it to the Xbox version too? :(

gioGAF

The PS3 release better have some additional features / content or Konami can just shove it. This game was meh to begin with, and now it is meh + 1 year later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wizpig said:
As a 2400 MS Points DLC, maybe!

Pack it with all DLC, and... just maybe... for local co-op...

That's all I ever wanted out of this game, anyway, lol. Local would give me a reason to play this game much more commonly, and wouldn't have to play with the "All I like to do is exploit the strong stuff!" people that online play breeds.

jackdoe

Haha. Only a fraction of the DLC and a mode that SHOULD have been in the 360 release (how they overlooked four player on the couch co-op on the 360, I'll never know). So $15 for the main game, and $3 for additional characters right? Or will they automatically bump up the price cause they included two characters "free of charge"?

Nessus

Wizpig said:
Ps3 will have local multiplayer

Enjoy your DLC, Ps3 users, i don't think Konami will give it away for free.

Fuck. Yeah.

I seriously didn't think there was any chance of that happening.

Will buy now.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
They better patch local coop into the xbox version. And while they are at it they should fix Yoko's voice carrying across the stage and get rid of that axe armor bullshit.

Foffy

Banned
Wizpig said:

The PSN version comes with Chapter 7, Julius Belmont, and Yoko Belnades.

So they are in fact giving some content away for free.

Local multiplayer?

Dammit, I don't want to level Jon again. But I will if this means I can play with my brother, which I was sorely missing in Xbox land.

I hop on to farm a couple hours pretty often. If you're interested in runnin together add me and shoot me a message if you see me on.

gamertag: The Ir0n Yuppie (the o in iron is a zero)

The Iron yuppie said:
I hop on to farm a couple hours pretty often. If you're interested in runnin together add me and shoot me a message if you see me on.

gamertag: The Ir0n Yuppie (the o in iron is a zero)

Sounds good. I bought all the levels and stuff so no worries that way.

jgkspsx

I would really like to get back into playing it. Message me if I'm on, PM me, or post in this thread. My availability is in the evenings, though.

My gamertag is in my profile.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
PSN version finally hitting 9/27

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair will indeed arrive on PSN this Tuesday, September 27, with some added extras. There's couch co-op for up to four players (online multiplayer supports six vampire slayers), two additional characters in Julius Belmont and Yoko Belnades (paid DLC on Xbox Live Arcade) and an extra map: Pyramid of Ruin.

Seik

Banned
Wizpig said:

That's awesome, I was always wishing for local co-op when I was playing on the 360! :D

LProtag

Wonder what the cost is for PSN. I was really interested in this when I first heard about it. Heard it got mixed reviews, but if it's decently priced I'll give it a go.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
InsertNameHere said:
Wonder what the cost is for PSN. I was really interested in this when I first heard about it. Heard it got mixed reviews, but if it's decently priced I'll give it a go.

I think it's $15. But it comes with some DLC that was paid DLC on the 360 (Chapter 7 and the Julius/Yoko character pack), so that offsets the cost a bit. Plus the local co-op thing is nice too.

Rarutos

Just might double dip (when I have extra cash anyway)! I prefer the PS3 anyway... And I have friends that might want to play more often on that side. :)

Vamphuntr

I have the 360 version and I can say that if you plan on playing with random people online on PS3, now is the time to get the game. Once everyone clear the game on hard most online games will turn into a farming X boss for rare drops.

Toki767

Seraphis Cain said:
I don't think it's possible for me to be any more hyped for this. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Take all my money now, Capcom.
I'm definitely hyped for it too. I don't think Konami would like it if you gave your money to Capcom instead though.

Finaika

Seraphis Cain said:
I don't think it's possible for me to be any more hyped for this. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Take all my money now, Capcom.
Why would you give Capcom all your money?

Anyway I'm hyped for this. Love some Castlevania.

Top Bottom